The burning of Teldrassil and the reaction of all playable classes in the game

What will be the reaction of all playable classes in the game to the burning of Teldrassil ?

Depends on what race and class.

A Forsaken Warlock was probably like: "Yeah, woohoo, burn baby!"
    Whilst a Worgen Warlock was probably like: "Them bastards! They will taste fel!"

Realistically, most factions and nations within the Warcraft setting would have firmly sided with the Alliance. The Burning of Teldrassil is indefensible and can't be covered up. If it wasn't conducted by Suevanas (ie, like Kel'thuzard or Deathwing or the Lich King or the Thunder King) then literally everyone would be united against it.

As for the class factions:

• Cenarion Circle would evict all druids who remained loyal to the Horde and become a firmly Alliance institution.
    • The Sunwalkers (Sun worshipping druids who were established to balance out moon worshipping druids) would also likewise be horrified at the humongous damage dealt to the worship of the Moon goddess. Would probably revolt against Sylvanas.
    • Earthen Ring might stick with the Horde, as it is predominately made up of Horde members, but this ties into the fact that the Horde should have immediately undergone a revolution when Sylvanas burned the tree rather than still mindlessly tolerating her.
    • The Silver Hand has always been an Alliance institution.
    • The Ebon Blade would absolutely fight against Sylvanas as she is literally Lich King 2.0, committing mass murder and zombifying people against their will and enslaving them.
    • Illidari had nothing better to do once Sargeras was imprisoned and would have fought against Sylvanas.
    • Light worshipping priests are predominately Alliance. Light worshipping Blood Elf priests would also turn against Sylvanas due to their convictions. Shadow worshipping Horde priests don't have morals anyway and would probably stick with Sylvanas.
    • The Uncrowned would want Sylvanas dead ASAP.
    • The Kirin Tor have been an Alliance institution for most of Warcraft's history. Leaving the Alliance in Legion made no sense but that assumes Warcraft's modern lore was sensibly written. Sunreavers got blackmailed by Garrosh into helping him steal the Divine Bell and Lor'themar wanted out of the Horde, so realistically the Sunreavers (and Quel'thelas as a whole) would go blue.
    • Shado-Pan and Wandering Isle would probably try to keep out, but if forced to choose they would obviously help the blues.

Basically all the lore of WoW is about avoiding events like Teldrazzill. So the logical reaction would be for everyone to take it as a dark event and the point of no return for the Sylvanas-Horde. Class whatever. Any class that doesn't have a problem with this should have no problem with any of WoW's great villains.

This is why it is such a bad concept and one that they are trying to throw under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Depends on what race and class.

A Forsaken Warlock was probably like: "Yeah, woohoo, burn baby!"
    Whilst a Worgen Warlock was probably like: "Them bastards! They will taste fel!"
    I dunno man. Look at our "leaders".

Calia: We must repent for our crimes....

Tyrande: I choose renewal....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Realistically, most factions and nations within the Warcraft setting would have firmly sided with the Alliance. The Burning of Teldrassil is indefensible and can't be covered up. If it wasn't conducted by Suevanas (ie, like Kel'thuzard or Deathwing or the Lich King or the Thunder King) then literally everyone would be united against it.

As for the class factions:

• Cenarion Circle would evict all druids who remained loyal to the Horde and become a firmly Alliance institution.
    • The Sunwalkers (Sun worshipping druids who were established to balance out moon worshipping druids) would also likewise be horrified at the humongous damage dealt to the worship of the Moon goddess. Would probably revolt against Sylvanas.
    • Earthen Ring might stick with the Horde, as it is predominately made up of Horde members, but this ties into the fact that the Horde should have immediately undergone a revolution when Sylvanas burned the tree rather than still mindlessly tolerating her.
    • The Silver Hand has always been an Alliance institution.
    • The Ebon Blade would absolutely fight against Sylvanas as she is literally Lich King 2.0, committing mass murder and zombifying people against their will and enslaving them.
    • Illidari had nothing better to do once Sargeras was imprisoned and would have fought against Sylvanas.
    • Light worshipping priests are predominately Alliance. Light worshipping Blood Elf priests would also turn against Sylvanas due to their convictions. Shadow worshipping Horde priests don't have morals anyway and would probably stick with Sylvanas.
    • The Uncrowned would want Sylvanas dead ASAP.
    • The Kirin Tor have been an Alliance institution for most of Warcraft's history. Leaving the Alliance in Legion made no sense but that assumes Warcraft's modern lore was sensibly written. Sunreavers got blackmailed by Garrosh into helping him steal the Divine Bell and Lor'themar wanted out of the Horde, so realistically the Sunreavers (and Quel'thelas as a whole) would go blue.
    • Shado-Pan and Wandering Isle would probably try to keep out, but if forced to choose they would obviously help the blues.
    The Horde members of the Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle were sent to Silithus immediately after the Bilgewater goblins. None of them took part in the burning of Teldrassil, and were immediately on Saurfang's side, dethroning another tyrant. The New New New Horde is led entirely by people who hated Sylvanas' final actions in the War of Thorns.

The Silver Hand was founded by the Horde, but Blood Knights and Sunwalkers were welcomed and presumably remain so.

As for the shadow-worshiping blood elf priests, those all defected and joined the Void Elves so fuck if I know what happens there.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-11-10 at 11:47 PM.

Hunters and warriors and rogues: "Wait, we're just burning it down? What happened to all the fighting?"
    Shamans and mages and warlocks: "That's a lot of fire!"
    Druids and monks and paladins and priests: "All those innocent lives lost!"
    Death knights: "What a waste of corpses..."
    Demon hunters: "Wait, is something going on right now? Damn my lack of sight!"

I mean we saw it in game more or less. Regardless of class, Forsaken and Goblins are divided and nearly everyone else was against it.

Before the "I'm actually working with a death god and have been lying to everyone, even to my own internal monologs" retcon, the concept was she burned the tree to stop the alliance supply lines of azerite. The Horde was in favor of the War of Thorns as a whole, so those who really believed in her plan of "the alliance will always break the truce, and now they are trafficking WMDs through Tredassil, so if we claim all of Kilmador and leave Eastern Kingdoms we can stay on our sides of the pond forever and stop fighting" were split. Some may have seen it as a necessary evil, or justified it to *themselves* as a necessary evil.

I actually like the allusion to stuff like deploying a nuke to stop a war at horrific cost. But then they retconned it into her just being insane instead of her justifying a war crime to herself for "the greater good," so...

Would likely depend on the individual subfactions of the classes.

Rogue, DK, DH, Lock would likely hover somewhere around meh. Barring personal investment.

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Mage, even Priest depending on the kind could swing either way.

Druid and Shaman would likely be wholly against it.

Overall it was a start of expansion shocktwist, which Blizz has taken to doing since... well Cata, in one way or another, which was further undermined to set up the next expansion instead of making it an actual decent story. The Horde never was about "Oh yeah! Let's cook marshmallows now!", but a "Gotta do this to prevent a greater war down the line, with would assure out destruction." transitioning into "Well shit, the only way out now is to see it through!", with the occasional "She is too violent against our hated enemies!"

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I dunno man. Look at our "leaders".

Calia: We must repent for our crimes....

Tyrande: I choose renewal....
    Well I was referring to when the tree was set ablaze, to be fair.

Afterwards, it's anyone's guess.

Teldrassil was only a few years old, minutes to the lifespan of your average Night Elf. Aside from the lives lost why would anyone care about a tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Hunters and warriors and rogues: "Wait, we're just burning it down? What happened to all the fighting?"
    [Death Knight looking at the tree burning, then to Sylvanas, then back to the tree, then back to Syvanas again]: "...I could've made SO many new Death Knights from them... SO. MANY!"
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Basically all the lore of WoW is about avoiding events like Teldrazzill. So the logical reaction would be for everyone to take it as a dark event and the point of no return for the Sylvanas-Horde. Class whatever. Any class that doesn't have a problem with this should have no problem with any of WoW's great villains.

This is why it is such a bad concept and one that they are trying to throw under the rug.
    You mean next expansion it’s like it never happened.

I'd expect the reactions to be the same as real life reactions are to tragedy's.

"Wow the building burned down, that's a real shame; ohh well I'll have coleslaw on my hotdog please."

The Burning of what? Oooh, you remember the blatant and unprovoked genocide commited by the Horde, again. Shame the writers do not.

In the end every race will forgive and forget, because that is what the Alliance does. The Horde will learn nothing and gleefully do it again in a year or two, because that is what the Horde does.

Sylvanas herself will become a hero in 9.2. and all her crimes will be put on the Jailer, so that Danuser doesn't have to write anything about punishing her, because he never will. No matter how many lifes she has ended for her selfish goals, she will return to the Horde and probably become the new White Banshee Warchief.

In short, do not expect logical responses from the playable characters. There is one class that could be fine with it, the Warlocks, but even among them there are those that use their abilities for good and would definately condemn such a massacre of civilians.
    Everyone else should have jumped Sylvanas first chance they got, especially the Paladins and Priests, but since this is Sylvanas, she has a plot shield the size of Azeroth panties and none of the people that should have been outraged were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You mean next expansion it’s like it never happened.
    Literally the topic just goes back and forth.
    First they tell us that we saved and then almost none of them and then we forget about it again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Sadly it doesn't work that way in the real world otherwise WWII would have been a lot shorter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Okay I lol'ed at that last one.

@geco

Too right, a game with lore full of amnesia.. I've done a much more detailed response to you, but shifted it to the night elf/borne topic where it's more appripriate.