Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    I don't wanna change anything. I pointed out how fucked up society is to get offended by a warlock tier. Read my messages again.
    > Whines about something you dislike
    > Doesn't want the thing you whine about to change.

That's a whole other level of pointless. Can also be easily flipped around: I don't want the warlock tier to change, just pointing out its resemblance.

(:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    > Whines about something you dislike
    > Doesn't want the thing you whine about to change.

That's a whole other level of pointless. Can also be easily flipped around: I don't want the warlock tier to change, just pointing out its resemblance.

(:
    You can't understand (it seems you struggle a lot) that this is not a design style debate. I can't be bothered to explain this to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Hey, Sylvanas is not bald (though can't stop laughing at the sheer idea of it).
    If she's a woman and/or has hair, then it's not a big bad, it's eaither a misunderstood character and/or a lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    While I understand and support this sentiment on a personal level, given all the other negative PR surrounding Blizzard at moment can you blame them for making the choice to just change this?
    Nope, it's understandable. Backlash is not wanted... which is the issue, that just the threat of receiving backlash based on interpretations of others, even outlandish ones, is a thing. Which says a lot when it comes to current social climate. That's it really.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Jesus fucking Christ... Imagine railing against the idea of altering an armor set so that it doesn't look like the very identifiable attire worn by a real world hate group that terrorizes parts of the playerbase.

Imagine charging in with the fucking buzzwords of 'woke' and 'cancel culture' because people don't want to be reminded of the fucking KKK when they play their escapist fantasy game.

Of all the things to bitch about...

Weird but completely expected result. This after all is a society that breathlessly allowed the OK symbol and hawaiian shirts to be hijacked by dipshits.

The set should be looked at again because it's rather dull and not indicative of the intended class at all, not because it offends the "everything triangular is a KKK hood" crowd.

All the sets look bad. Besides palla, it's okay. This does not fit warlocks.

If you really don't see how similar the entire set looks to KKK robes and hood then you probably don't live in the USA. Because the alternative is way worse.

reading these comments makes me understand why ActiBlizz keeps making money without making any effort for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If you really don't see how similar the entire set looks to KKK robes and hood then you probably don't live in the USA. Because the alternative is way worse.
    I think it is more that adults don't care or are mature enough to understand that banning every hooded robe ever because of that is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    I think it is more that adults don't care or are mature enough to understand that banning every hooded robe ever because of that is moronic.
    It's not just banning of every hooded robe. This particular set looks far too similar to KKK robes and hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post

Apparently, some people have been complaining about the new warlock tier because they think it's similar to the KKK habit.

Then, this happened:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...r-build-324996

"We hear you and agree. This was an oversight where we hadn't yet fully reviewed this set from every angle before putting it into the initial test build. We've already begun work to adjust the set, and you'll see changes to it in a forthcoming build of the Eternity's End PTR."

What is wrong with society? Honestly. What is wrong with Blizzard? If you're one of those who complained about this new tier, let me tell you that you've got a serious problem in your head. How sad your life must be to get offended by a warlock tier? Why are we listening to these brain-deads?

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    I think it's reaching, but then again that is the basis of Twitter and its users. But at the end of the day, I really don't care anymore. If this is what Blizzard deems to be in need of speedy "fixing" then so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i think it looks stupid and doesnt scream warlock.
    it would be better as priest set
    tbf no "first ones" type set could fit warlock because the aesthetic is white with glowing bright orange/yellow effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Feels more like reaching by people who just wish to breed confusion and panic in a petri dish of already growing drama. People are trying their best to cause an issue of nothing. Might as well remove a pair of boots because I'm sure some hate group uses something resembling it. KKK sucks, and is a pack of disgusting assholes, yet I do not see the resemblance between the two, other than, 'Oh no, the hood is going up in a tip, and it is white!". Then again, I have taken notice that compared to WoW's fanbase, FFXIV's has fewer complainers, else they wouldn't have passed a cosmetic outfit that could easily resemble a Nazi uniform.
    The "it's white" complaint is even funnier to me since the set has half a dozen recolors, some of them are green and purple as far as I'm aware. Just so happens to be the mythic and I think normal version that have white or grey colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, they have a lot of questionable shit, almost, if not more, than WoW does, yet people rip into WoW much more. It is kinda disturbing.
    Probably because Blizzard gives into it. If you ignore these people, they bellyache for a week among their small group of equally miserable online buddies and then they move on.
    If you pander to them, they will keep demanding more and more because they know they have that power now. It's like having a child that wants something in a supermarket, you tell them no and they start lying on the ground kicking their legs and feet while screaming, and then you end up giving them what they want after all. That's how you reinforce that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You ain't been laughing bub, you been malding lol

#offended. Sorry no grand wizard uniform for you!

- - - Updated - - -

Or actual adults understand context and nuance and don't really give a shit about this either way. "banning every hooded robe ever" yeah real good critical thinking skills there, just like a child's.
    Based on a lot of comments I'm seeing in this thread, I'm seeing more and more just how awful a lot of the people in the WoW community are. Anyone with eyes can see how similar it looks to KKK grand wizard robes. Calling it reaching comes off more as someone telling on themselves than anything.

One part of me think its silly, because thats like being offended by a white hoodie or similar.

The other part however understands that I was and never will be someone whos actually affected by the history, which is something I got strong feelings about. Hate and mistreatment(which is putting it mildly) that people had to endure and are getting reminded of even today, in 2021 is making me angry. Its a dark page in the history book, one if not the worst. KKK is part of that dark page, so if people get those vibes from that warlock set, I fully understand, even if I don't see or feel it myself. Not because I am ignorant, but I don't get that vibe from looking at that set, straight forward.

In the end I dont care if they change it, I barely play Warlock, and I don't like that people see the worst in everything, nor someone that are offended by others behalf, but people has experienced awful things and if something they see or hear is making them feel ill, then we should listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You and I (and probably a majority of the people posting on this forum) may have that opinion and that's fine. The people who won't have that opinion are the ones trying to score woke points on Twitter who will see the white pointy robe and immediately come to the worst possible conclusion. It's negative optics Blizzard can do without at this point.
    To be fair, pandering to these people in the past years hasn't really prevented any negative optics.

The best way to avoid negative optics would be to treat their employees fairly, not kowtow to the demands of people that saw Jesus in their toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    But the only people that are offended and throwing a fit *are you guys*

People are just saying "The fact that it reminds me of klan robes makes it unpleasant to look at". That's it. Something can be beautiful without context but then be off putting with context. The swastika is a very visually pleasing symbol and that is why it has been used by lots of cultures for lots of things. However, now it just brings to mind extremely off putting historical events that people don't want to be reminded of, let alone be reminded of when they are trying to relax and enjoy some entertainment.

And now YOU are offended because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, pandering to these people in the past years hasn't really prevented any negative optics.

The best way to avoid negative optics would be to treat their employees fairly, not kowtow to the demands of people that saw Jesus in their toast.
    The set looks like Klan robes. That's just a fact. Whether you care or not is up to you, but to deny it looks like it is denying the sky is blue.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Huh. Well, I mean it's not like I wouldn't expect a kkk to be playing with demons cause I'm sure they would/do. Especially a succubus.

But like everyone else has mentioned, I don't see the design of it so much as being like kkk hoodie but just generally not suited for the warlock theme. Skulls and bones, even if gold plated, would suit better.
    Arguing that the warlock set looks shit for a warlock is something I can agree with, but this topic isn't related to that.

Plus, unless they make warlock uniquely the only set to stray away from the First Ones thematic, no changes they make are going to make it look like a warlock set. It's still going to be white and red with balls and a yellow glow, except now the pointy top of the hood is probably just gonna fold back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The set looks like Klan robes. That's just a fact. Whether you care or not is up to you, but to deny it looks like it is denying the sky is blue.
    Well, I can't argue with "it just does." You got me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Literally anyone who complained about this, or thinks there is something wrong with this set has a mental illness and needs to seek professional help.

You're "looking" for a problem, so you can "create" a solution through virtue signaling because you think people will give you attention and admiration for being so "woke".
    Describe Twitter in two sentences challenge fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I cannot wait for these types of people to disappear. They're literally making everything around them worse.
    They won't disappear so long as they're fed into.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Based on a lot of comments I'm seeing in this thread, I'm seeing more and more just how awful a lot of the people in the WoW community are. Anyone with eyes can see how similar it looks to KKK grand wizard robes. Calling it reaching comes off more as someone telling on themselves than anything.
    You need to follow the events:

1. Blizzard puts out a set that objectively speaking looks like klan robes.
    2. Some people say the set is offputting because of the similarities and wouldn't like to see it, similar to if the game has swastikas in it.
    3. Another group of people who have a terrible disorder called "Terminally online right wing grievance hysteria" reinterprets that as "I AM OFFENDED AND BLIZZARD IS FULL OF WHITE SUPREMACISTS"
    4. The two groups then scream past each other because group 1 is being totally reasonable and group 2 prefers to argue with invented phantoms that they read about online rather than real people.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    People should just start trolling the fuck out of them and keep finding "offensive" shit to remove until this shit stops. Anduin is the word for gangrape in my language! How can you be so offensive Blizzard !
    That's called "accelerating" and some people already do so- usually they're making forum posts about x or y being offensive with the sheer purpose of trying to see what completely innocuous thing they can gaslight the public and Blizzard into wanting changed because it's some sort of micro-aggression.

You'd need to do something a little more believable than your example, though.