Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    i agree, and seeing that they fixxed the survival hunter cheese and made it harder, while not making anything easier, it does look like they do want it this hard.

impossible is bad, and easy cheese is bad, im not expecting blizz to be able to balance this, but I do hope so.

The only thing I wanted from this was the new mount cause it fits my main arcane mage rp outfit, thats why i was thinking it was doable in a broken meta way, but of course I would want blizz to deliver proper.
    Not necessarily true. I think they are trying to fix the "cheese" method so you clear it properly. They did issue a post prior to that hotfix that said they were looking into adjust some.

Post Link

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your ongoing feedback about the Mage Tower.

We are currently evaluating the data regarding Mage Tower success rates, and we have identified that some of the challenges for certain specializations are more difficult than intended. We will return once we have more information to provide on what changes we have planned to bring those specializations more in line with the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also said yeah I hope they fix the imbalance, but it does seem like they wanted it hard, but they will probably cave in and make it super easy for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well some people do, some dont
    personaly i dont mind a challenge, and i dont think that is main issue people have with current MT, more like the numbers tuning, which, lets face it, is terrible
    You need to go to Reddit. They are hiring people like you, tissues for free there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Prot paladin done(34 tries). Now only missing healer and Tugar Bloodtotem.
    Good going. Seen a friend do healer as Druid & Bloodtotem (worm guy?) as WW easily enough. All depends on what you're comfortable on really.

I hope they don't nerf it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Good going. Seen a friend do healer as Druid & Bloodtotem (worm guy?) as WW easily enough. All depends on what you're comfortable on really.

I hope they don't nerf it too much.
    I was getting my ass kicked as Destro lock against the worm, switched to WW and it was so much easier. But I'm not a lock guy so there's that, so much movement with a guy constantly pushing back casts is so annoying.

Now just missing the healer fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    I also said yeah I hope they fix the imbalance, but it does seem like they wanted it hard, but they will probably cave in and make it super easy for all.
    My guess is they absolutely gut it, making the TW version more like what it was like in 7.3 with Antorus gear and powered up legendaries.

It’ll be a boring snooze fest, but the masses will be able to do that and they’ll count it as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    You need to go to Reddit. They are hiring people like you, tissues for free there.
    sure, sure...

blizzard itself admitted the tuning is off for some specs, so i know its hard hit for the ego but its time to admit you know jackshit about it, and we were actualy right as its literaly confirmed by bliz...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-12-09 at 09:21 PM.

Gotten 4/7 so far (destro lock, demo lock, frost mage and fury warrior) I have come to the conclusion that while most are doable, they are quite hard. It feels like they are balanced around 880 or so gear level, which means they are quite a bit harder than people remember because getting 900 was pretty easy in that patch, and you can feel that 20 ilvl. I think most are possible/not to crazy, but a few feel so bad its not fun to try (hello holy priest).

My opinion on the ones I have completed:
    Destro lock: I made some weak auras for the totem and his cast and it made it easy. When you just have the worm left you have to interrupt the scream or you die, care more about interrupting than damage. Tough but not to bad

Demo lock: This one took a bit to get the timings right, but you mostly need to focus on stacking them as much as possible for cleave, make a mortal coil focus target macro for sig to interrupt her aura ability, and stun dick heads whirlwinds. I found doom did a lot of work, but it did take me a bit to get used to reapplying it right away while doing the fight. Harder than destros, but again not terrible.

Fury Warrior:
    I don't play warrior that much, so this one took me a bit to get the feel of. I will say once I stopped trying to stack fuming imps piles and just killed them/used them to generate rage got a lot easier. If you play fury this isn't that bad, just don't tunnel and eat meteors like I did.

Frost Mage: Again don't play mage much so this one also took me a while. I found that rather than going rune of power go incanter's flow (I died several times trying to maximize damage, found it easier to just go with flow) and also picking up freezing rain over splitting ice, the instant cast blizzard did wonders for my kiting at the end. This one was pretty hard for me, but again don't play mage so mileage may vary.

Opinions on ones I tried:

Prot pally: This one is a bit harder than I remember, for the simple fact again gear feels a bit lower/damage, and the lack of legendary options to shore up weak points. I haven't put a lot of attempts into it, but in 15 or so attempts I have gotten sub 20% a few times already. I think this weekend I can grab it, but wouldn't mind a small hp nerf to ensure I don't have to tunnel phase 1 to avoid 3 infernals, and make the last phase a bit easier/quicker.

Holy priest: This one feels really bad, like I don't remember it being near this hard when I did it in Legion. All the mobs feel like they hit so hard, and meanwhile I feel like my heals do 5-10% of the NPCs health. Add onto this the mage one taps the NPCs at 2 stacks and it feels very unfun/unfair to play. I will look for a nerf or just not complete this one on a priest, because fuck this one honestly.

Disc priest: This one was also pretty damn hard, but I feel like if I practiced it a bunch I could complete it, but certainly would be a test. The man issue is the lack of cc/how hard fel burst hits/sonic scream hits when Tugar dies. Towards the end of my attempts I was getting Tugar down consistently but had low mana and couldn't live long enough to get the worm. Another one I could be okay with a small hp nerf or damage nerf to the bosses. Since I beat this on destro didn't give it too many attempts

Ret Pally: Honestly like the disc priest, pretty damn hard, but doable with the practice. Another one I feel is harder than it was in Legion, and I feel like I have to stack the mobs to get the DPS out way more. Getting the timings/the feel of the fight is the key, and just requires you to zerg it till you make it. Pretty damn tight timing, could also use a small nerf to hp to make it more manageable. Like disc though didn't put a ton of attempts in since I did it on demo.

Final Thoughts:
    I suspect a few of them are way to hard (see holy priest) a few could use small/slight nerfs (disc priest/holy pally, that stacking damage is rough with the damage you have to do), and a few honestly I think are okay (destro/demo lock).

I also think blizzard needs to make this either always up, making time walking every week so we get this every 6 weeks, or make it available during ANY time walking. Right not I think a fair amount of people could complete these, but it will require dozens of attempts each which is a lot of time (my fury kill was like 12 minutes) which right now will take most people several time walkings to get, which could mean over a year to get the mount that if always available they could get in a month or so.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-12-09 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

While the tank challenge & xylem was easy, the healing one was just as i thought a l2p issue on my part and not a hard one took quite alot of attempts tho, all but 3 failed in phase 1, once you're out of that phase you will get the challenge 100%.

Personally after finishing the Boomkin one after a couple dozen tries it felt like It was due to really good RNG then anything I was actually doing.

So I finally managed to survive all 5 mechanics at the same time at ~40%(the god-queen's fury) after a bit more control on hex and assigning CDs to dps all the bubbles, barely made it, 2 seconds later they enter berserk, I cleaved 2-3 of them every time it was possible. What a fucking joke.

Went and watched another Enhanc and we are doing pretty much the exact same thing, he even finished with two of the bubbles/casts being interrupted with only 0,5 seconds left after having to dodge all the other shit + runes which proves it's pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    My guess is they absolutely gut it, making the TW version more like what it was like in 7.3 with Antorus gear and powered up legendaries.

It’ll be a boring snooze fest, but the masses will be able to do that and they’ll count it as a win.
    It's simply a question what the intended tuning is. Is it the first iteration when it was available for a short time and people had about ilvl 900. Or the later one where you could go into it with 2 legendaries and ilvl 940+. Both valid, let's see if Blizzard tells us what they intend it to be.

I recently did the Frost Mage one and the fight almost feels like it was designed around their toolkit. I needed a couple of tries to get used to the mechanics, then I realized that you can use the frost elemental to absorb the rune, and after learning that I had a fairly easy time.

Next I'll likely do the Feltotem challenge on my WW monk or BM hunter - maybe both, though I've heard marksman is supposedly significantly easier for hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

In my opinion, if they want to make it more accessible, a smart way to nerf this would be to just allow people to use a shadowlands legendary and have covenants working, it's not a direct nerf to the encounter but it's a buff to player power and it gives options through legendaries, covenant abilities and soulbinds to deal with the fight which could help against players feeling powerless compared to legion.

Characters that aren't lvl 60 wouldn't have access to legendaries and soulbinds but at level 50 they could access covenant abilities which is already a better situation than the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    In my opinion, if they want to make it more accessible, a smart way to nerf this would be to just allow people to use a shadowlands legendary and have covenants working, it's not a direct nerf to the encounter but it's a buff to player power and it gives options through legendaries, covenant abilities and soulbinds to deal with the fight which could help against players feeling powerless compared to legion.

Characters that aren't lvl 60 wouldn't have access to legendaries and soulbinds but at level 50 they could access covenant abilities which is already a better situation than the current one.
    You learn new abilities/upgraded abilities every 2nd level from 50-60. Some of them a major damage/utility contributors, like Power Infusion for priests. I generally wouldn't do these before reaching level 60.

OT, I managed to complete the Feltotem challenge on my windwalker monk. Not much in the way of optimized gear, but I could consistently keep up with the passive damage during the encounter using a combination of abilities and an old damage absorb trinket I had lying around in my bank.

It has by far been the encounter that I've spent most attempts on so far, but I suspect it'll be far more difficult on BM hunter due to a general lack of self healing and the fact that you need to cycle traps to interrupt the tauren, meaning you can't spend them interrupting the worm.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    It is beyond the level of extremely hard, it is level of neigh impossible
    This is how it was when it first released, especially when ilvl was barely high enough to even make DPS checks. It was FANTASTIC that way. You had to play nearly perfect. Keep it that way.

Right not I am not even have fun because I feel like if I make one mistake (even less than mythic raiding) and its auto gg.
    Welcome to exactly how I beat it? I literally had to play perfect that first rotation it was up because my DPS was just _that_ tight. If I missed a single TV, I would die to autowipe.

It should have STAYED that way. I was sad when people started to outgear and promptly stopped using the skin once it became plebville.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's simply a question what the intended tuning is. Is it the first iteration when it was available for a short time and people had about ilvl 900. Or the later one where you could go into it with 2 legendaries and ilvl 940+. Both valid, let's see if Blizzard tells us what they intend it to be.
    The first few rotations were pre-ilvl 900 IIRC. It was great. I got it with an Ilvl of 886. That's how it was intended or how it should have been balanced IMO. Glad to see timewalking seems to have retained that difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    This is how it was when it first released, especially when ilvl was barely high enough to even make DPS checks. It was FANTASTIC that way. You had to play nearly perfect. Keep it that way.

Welcome to exactly how I beat it? I literally had to play perfect that first rotation it was up because my DPS was just _that_ tight. If I missed a single TV, I would die to autowipe.

It should have STAYED that way. I was sad when people started to outgear and promptly stopped using the skin once it became plebville.

The first few rotations were pre-ilvl 900 IIRC. It was great. I got it with an Ilvl of 886. That's how it was intended or how it should have been balanced IMO. Glad to see timewalking seems to have retained that difficulty level.
    I did them, holy priest is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than it was in legion, I would very much like to see anyone that has it done. Most of them are doable challenges, that one is beyond that. Not to mention as a healer you are also have to hope your NPCs aren't idiots and hit the right target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I did them, holy priest is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than it was in legion, I would very much like to see anyone that has it done. Most of them are doable challenges, that one is beyond that. Not to mention as a healer you are also have to hope your NPCs aren't idiots and hit the right target.
    I couldn't tell you because I'm unsubbed, but if that's the case and it is significantly harder than the first time the MTC was available, then alright. Otherwise, it was something that every class HAD accomplished on it's first rotation, but basically a rounding error of the population was actually able to achieve. I was happy to be among those. IF you did it later in legion, please don't talk. You did it on effectively easy mode.

Only left is to heal.. I 300% loathe healing classes./// but if i want the mount so badly then i gonna to do it. Fuck.. i Loathe healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is most people completed the mage tower DURING the Antorus patch and most people who asked for the Mage Tower back are those same people. What we got however is no-where close to being like that so it makes sense people are asking for nerfs because currently its simply NOT fun and people are leaving again. You'd think in a time where Blizzard should be desperate for positive PR they'd make better choices but no here we are yet again.

All that was asked for was a beatable challenge for everyone where a single mistake can make you wipe and you have to start over. Not a challenge where we'd have to jump through time-shaped hoops, spend thousands of gold and pray to Sargeras for some friggin' luck.

This was a chance for people to come back to the game, but it has turned into yet another excuse for people to leave and thats something nobody should be in favour of.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru