10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    wow this is a perfect scam and happy sheeps pumping more and more money xD
    I mean people here complain about NFTs, while these guys started making $$ out of jpegs years ago. True visionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So they make more money but not release any game. Interesting.
    They make more money because more people play the alpha. More people play the alpha because the game keeps improoving as they release new updates each year thanks to the work of the developers who get paid with the money given by the players who play the alpha helped by the free publicity and highlight provided by haters.

Win Win for all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Win Win for all.
    So the people that wanted massive ship battles with hundreds if not thousands of players fighting at once got what they wanted?
    The people that wanted a complete released game won?
    The people who have been waiting for this single player campaign won?

I mean I could go on but what is the point. You think them raking in money is winning. You should want a released game to play so you could point to something worth playing for people to jump on and play. The game isn't close to done, it cannot host more than 50 people, it does not have a single player campaign. Winning indeed.

So they make more money but not release any game. Interesting.
    Because it was always gonna be a half-billion dollar+ game as the scope went haywire because Roberts has never learned to say, "No" to anything he wants. Yes, backers wanted this too, but they're not game devs and haven't the foggiest clue what's realistic or not.

I don't get why folks keep calling this a scam though, because for all the money spent they're showing work. It's slow, but if this was a scam like the NFT ape game thing they'd have sold a bunch of jpegs and then disappeared without even wasting money hiring hundreds of folks and renting out office space in multiple countries. That's a terrible way to run a scam since now you're paying salaries, benefits, insurance, rent, utilities etc.

It's just the same as it's always been - folks willing to contribute a ton towards their dream game, and a guy who can finally make his dream game doing a terrible job managing the project.

10+ Year Old Account
    i uninstalled the game and didnt play the 3.15 at all (only logged in once to remind myself how slow the loading screen is even with SSD, and how poor the performance is with my rig, just to log out after stepping out of my hotel room when i decided i dont wanna run all the way to the ship station like that).

it will help me survive next years of development

thanks for reading my blog
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i uninstalled the game and didnt play the 3.15 at all (only logged in once to remind myself how slow the loading screen is even with SSD, and how poor the performance is with my rig, just to log out after stepping out of my hotel room when i decided i dont wanna run all the way to the ship station like that).

it will help me survive next years of development

thanks for reading my blog
    Now is not a good time to play SC. You now lose EVERYTHING you had in your inventory upon death, and there are so many ways to die in SC through no fault of your own. Your ship can spontaneously explode, your can touch a crate and die, you can just be standing still in the middle of nowhere and the game decides to kill you for no discernable reason. The current meta is to just wear the starter suit and not buy anything or use your cash shop or subscriber gear (since you can lose that too) and to just run around unarmored, or try to loot some free gear from bunker missions, but that just adds so much extra time and tedium to an already tedious game. Plus there is reputation loss and, again, there are so many ways a mission can fail for reasons outside of your control that you're being punished not because you took a risk, but because the game breaks somehow, and you're set back and have to spend more time grinding back up to where you were.

The game used to be really fun to actually play back in 2015 and 2016, but right now... I feel that the only reason I want to boot up SC is if I want to go touring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't get why folks keep calling this a scam though, because for all the money spent they're showing work.
    Yes, they're showing new ships every few months. No, they're not showing the games that were promised almost a decade ago. Nobody has heard about the singleplayer game in years (people are hoping that the content drought on SC that began years ago is because the devs left to go secretly work on SQ42, but we have no proof that is the case), and the MMO has stalled out as they can't add anything of substance worth to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    snip
    Every single player is updated through email or looking on the actual website about what they are doing on SQ42 every single month, the game was promised to be released when its ready just like CR has said many times, also what we see in the PU is a small amount of work they have done with the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Every single player is updated through email or looking on the actual website about what they are doing on SQ42 every single month
    Let's see...

Quote Originally Posted by November report
    The Character Art and Tech teams spent October fixing bugs for Alpha 3.15 and progressing with content for various upcoming releases. Significant focus was given to updating the DNA archetype heads that will improve the quality of all character heads in the PU and Squadron 42.

The team then moved on to incorporating feedback on the radar and scanning improvements submitted last quarter. Squadron-42-related needs were also uncovered that, when implemented, will benefit the PU too.
    Yes. Truly this is the status report on SQ42's development that people have been asking for the past 3 years! This tells us why development has apparently been rebooted multiple times, how many levels have been finished, and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Coincidentally, it has been 14 months since Chris said he would give us a quarterly devstream giving us an update on SQ42 development (after stringing us along for two years with the saga of the roadmap to the roadmap... that never happened). Still haven't seen those quarterly devstreams.

Coincidentally, it has been 14 months since Chris said he would give us a quarterly devstream giving us an update on SQ42 development (after stringing us along for two years with the saga of the roadmap to the roadmap... that never happened). Still haven't seen those quarterly devstreams.
    Once again reminding you that Chris said last December that SQ42 would no longer be talked about and that everyone should stop asking them about it.

The last news isn't 'quarterly devstreams'. Its 'there will be no more news, go away'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Because it was always gonna be a half-billion dollar+ game as the scope went haywire because Roberts has never learned to say, "No" to anything he wants. Yes, backers wanted this too, but they're not game devs and haven't the foggiest clue what's realistic or not.

I don't get why folks keep calling this a scam though, because for all the money spent they're showing work. It's slow, but if this was a scam like the NFT ape game thing they'd have sold a bunch of jpegs and then disappeared without even wasting money hiring hundreds of folks and renting out office space in multiple countries. That's a terrible way to run a scam since now you're paying salaries, benefits, insurance, rent, utilities etc.

It's just the same as it's always been - folks willing to contribute a ton towards their dream game, and a guy who can finally make his dream game doing a terrible job managing the project.
    Because promising releases of certain things and not releasing them at the time they were supposed to be delivered (even if delayed) is a scam, as you can no longer be sure to even get what you wanted when you bought it.
    There is only so many years of leeway you can give before it turns into a scam

It is of no suprise that he is also bad at managing a scam properly, considering how bad he is at managing game development.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-20 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Because promising releases of certain things and not releasing them at the time they were supposed to be delivered (even if delayed) is a scam, as you can no longer be sure to even get what you wanted when you bought it.
    It's not. A scam would be that ape NFT game where they sold a ton of .jpg's, took the money, and ran. CIG is still putting money towards development, it's just taking forever because Roberts is a terrible, awful, no-good project manager to doesn't know how to say "no" to things that he wants. A game long delayed isn't a scam, it's long delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    There is only so many years of leeway you can give before it turns into a scam
    Sure, but there's still nothing indicating this is a scam. If it was they wouldn't be spending against big tech updates that are still not delivered like server meshing. If it was a scam they wouldn't be spending against quarterly updates with new content and features. That's all "wasting" tons of money they could be using for hookers and coke in Cancun.

It's not. A scam would be that ape NFT game where they sold a ton of .jpg's, took the money, and ran. CIG is still putting money towards development, it's just taking forever because Roberts is a terrible, awful, no-good project manager to doesn't know how to say "no" to things that he wants. A game long delayed isn't a scam, it's long delayed.

Sure, but there's still nothing indicating this is a scam. If it was they wouldn't be spending against big tech updates that are still not delivered like server meshing. If it was a scam they wouldn't be spending against quarterly updates with new content and features. That's all "wasting" tons of money they could be using for hookers and coke in Cancun.
    I think you have a *very* specific definition of "scam" in your head when scam is also another word for "rip-off".
    I can buy a car for 40k and it's still going to be a scam even if it is working and just "overpromised".

If I tell people to invest in my product because it's about to be released it doesn't matter if I'm actually trying to release it when the promise or even just the estimate itself was already a lie.
    Invest now -> get game at around 2016! -> when in fact it has never even remotely been realistic to be released in 2016 and I knew it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-20 at 07:58 PM.

Let's see...

Yes. Truly this is the status report on SQ42's development that people have been asking for the past 3 years! This tells us why development has apparently been rebooted multiple times, how many levels have been finished, and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Its up to the company with what information they want to share or not, they dont need to say what levels are complete or not because it doesnt really matter, all that matters is the final product when its ready.

They promised updates on SQ42 and they do that monthly, they have fulfilled all the promises they have made, they stated no specific information on SQ42 will be shared and they have done that also, a quarterly devsteam was never a guarantee or a promise.

CR stated we would only get minimal information on SQ42, they have not promised to give more than that.

They promised updates on SQ42 and they do that monthly, they have fulfilled all the promises they have made, they stated no specific information on SQ42 will be shared and they have done that also, a quarterly devsteam was never a guarantee or a promise.
    So if he says something it doesn't matter unless he says 'I promise' or 'CIG promises'? Or are you just picking and choosing what to believe and ignoring things Chris himself has said in the past? Because it is pretty cut and dry here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    They make more money because more people play the alpha. More people play the alpha because the game keeps improoving as they release new updates each year thanks to the work of the developers who get paid with the money given by the players who play the alpha helped by the free publicity and highlight provided by haters.

Win Win for all.
    Well not really a win because there is still not a finished product and no end of money hole in studio. Sounds a little bit like a pyramid scheme will all that new blood funding constantly or it will colapse.

Well not really a win because there is still not a finished product and no end of money hole in studio. Sounds a little bit like a pyramid scheme will all that new blood funding constantly or it will colapse.
    We have a playable game, its not perfect but its still better than all the other games similar, thats why it gets more money, because they are proving over and over again they can give the players what they want, when an alpha is better than most released games they are doing something right.

We have a playable game, its not perfect but its still better than all the other games similar
    Define "better". Yes, Star Citizen is more expansive in scope, but that doesn't make for a more enjoyable game to actually play. Elite Dangerous offers a more entertaining gameplay loop, with you having a reasonable chance of bumping into many other players during your play session, whereas in SC you're lucky if you see another player outside of a spaceport, even if you have a bounty marker on you. Battles in Elite Dangerous are bigger. Gameplay loop is tight knit and isn't undermined by jank that sets you back or renders your playtime worthless.

Define "better". Yes, Star Citizen is more expansive in scope, but that doesn't make for a more enjoyable game to actually play. Elite Dangerous offers a more entertaining gameplay loop, with you having a reasonable chance of bumping into many other players during your play session, whereas in SC you're lucky if you see another player outside of a spaceport, even if you have a bounty marker on you. Battles in Elite Dangerous are bigger. Gameplay loop is tight knit and isn't undermined by jank that sets you back or renders your playtime worthless.
    SC offers better gameplay in all its current areas better than any game available, ED does not have entertaining gameplay or i would be playing it, ED is just a complete let down for a space game and doesnt do anything better than SC, what are you on about bigger battles in ED, i dont count the battleship battle much of anything for 2 static ships not doing very much a battle, SC battles are way more dynamic and larger.

We have a playable game, its not perfect but its still better than all the other games similar, thats why it gets more money, because they are proving over and over again they can give the players what they want, when an alpha is better than most released games they are doing something right.
    Let's play the Opinion/Fact game again kenn!
    *We have a playable game (Opinion, it cannot house more than 50 people, it crashes often, it is VERY buggy)
    *its not perfect (Not even close to that)
    *Its still better than all the other games similar (Better is opinion. Better is feels)
    *They are proving over and over again they can give the players what they want (Have they done this? They miss deadlines, just admitted they cannot do the server
    meshing, stopped providing info on the single player campaign and so on.)
    *When an alpha is better than most released games they are doing something right. (Even MORE opinion as some warped fact in your eyes. Like really? You really believe this?)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Cause people love having something to hate, even if said hate is irrational.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.