Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamePlayer View Post
    +10% parry +13% dodge passively, then +25% to both with a CD is fun. Pet and supplemental ranged abilities like viper sting make you more capable than a warrior who doesn't have bags full of consumables, trinkets, and niche items.
    I'd like to clarify this is a PvE DPS guide for dungeons and raids. BUT Deterrance as well parry does play a part in the Hardcore rotation of a melee Hunter. Essentially, you pull the boss and tank it for however long you possibly can, to trigger Mongoose Bites, a warrior tank will taunt the boss whenever you might die. FYI this is only possible in SoM because of the no Buff limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    But...

Why???
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamePlayer View Post
    pet command stay before you enter nova range, pet attack after nova. improved mend pet to remove the possible poly and juke CS
    that doesn't work if i explicitly move into your dead zone instead of waiting for you to come to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    you're a fucking dps wtf does parry and dodge matter?
    Although you do not gear for dodge, Deterrance can be used upon the boss pull to trigger Mongoose Bite. It's quite hardcore but doable in the right hands to tank the boss for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Although you do not gear for dodge, Deterrance can be used upon the boss pull to trigger Mongoose Bite. It's quite hardcore but doable in the right hands to tank the boss for a few seconds.
    ??????????????

that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    ??????????????

that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read.
    You can't have been on MMO-C much if that's the dumbest you've read. There's far worse.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Future guides:
    - Topping the meters as a shockadin
    - Sick dps as a smite priest
    - Mitigation is for sissies, a guide to macho tanking

What's wrong with Smite Priest?

100% confirmed trolling at this point. If i ever saw anyone do that they'd be removed from my raid. That's if I didn't notice they were playing 'melee' hunter before this.

To make anything like this 'work' you'd need to have more than a modicum of skill and patience (along with your raid having a lot of patience for you too) and after a little research I can confirm that the OP doesn't have said skill. Go and watch any of his streams and youtube vids - one of the worst players I have ever seen and iv watched some of the Hardcore community recently. Clicks most of his abilities and on his Shaman 'tank' dungeon runs literally stands there keyboard turning as the group pulls aggro from him.

100% confirmed troll who needs to go back to playing stuff that works without real effort to hide his absolute garbage level play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You can't have been on MMO-C much if that's the dumbest you've read. There's far worse.
    He's clearly never checked the High Elf or Tinker threads
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Nice guide on paper, but unfortunately in practice it isn't a real thing.
    It isn't real? how so?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Love it!

Bring back Monkey and Pack in retail too!
    Not familiar with retail. But I am onboard with bringing back old abilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Isn't spamming Wing Clip delaying autoattacks? If so, why would one do that in the vain hope of triggering windfury (that melee hunter likely will never get to be graced with).
    Wing Clip doesn't not delay auto attacks. A hunter is conventionally put alongside a Shaman and Warriors. It would actually be odd NOT to have a Hunter in the same group as a Shaman.

Wing Clip doesn't not delay auto attacks. A hunter is conventionally put alongside a Shaman and Warriors. It would actually be odd NOT to have a Hunter in the same group as a Shaman.
    You ignore the fact that hunters are normally put in a melee group that provide Trueshot Aura to buff the melee.

Do you actually have any footage/logs/proof of you making this work to a decent level or are you going to keep spouting this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post

yes and Ehn for shaman were supposed to be a tank spec as well. Funny how design and application don't always work out right

Not the best of examples because Shaman can tank.

This guy ignores all genuine questions and criticism of his post - omegatroll

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But playing a Hunter properly already requires a moderate amount of finesse (by Vanilla WoW standards) in that you're not just standing still mashing buttons.

Melee Hunter is simpler by definition.
    You can coast your way as a ranged hunter with little to no effort. But by playing a melee hunter you have this motivation to prove people wrong by doing your best and showing just how much effort you're willing to put in.

Something that is rarely played and plenty left to be discovered is considered simple? I'd figure the spec that's been dissected extensively for 15years is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm coming at is as an all-orange parsing Hunter who raided through WoW Classic with experience playing full ranged, melee-weaving, and dicking around with full melee on easy farm nights for fun. Melee Hunter is a terrible option for a class that already falls off hard relative to others in AQ. Being slightly better than Boomkins and Rets is meaningless because those are both garbage-tier raid specs (thought Ret does get a bit better in Naxx).
    "Meeting the DPS threshold" is a nothing statement until Naxx (because frankly it doesn't matter and is pathetically easy to hit), where Melee Hunters do not meet it. Melee Hunters never beat a properly played Hunter under normal raid encounter circumstances. Not to mention you're running out of melee to Tranq shot (losing DPS and generally being sub-optimal) or you're just ignoring one of the two major reasons to even bring a Hunter to raids in the first place (Tranq and fast trash pulls).

No one is saying you can't play a sub-par spec on a sub-par class, but don't pretend that it's good just because it's possible. There is absolutely no good reason to play full melee when you can melee weave.[/QUOTE]

Ok so basically you have no experience in trying to push your potential DPS as Melee Hunter. So I don't know why you feel confident enough to talk about a topic you know nothing about. The fact you have to obviously point out that Ranged Hunter deals more DPS than Melee Hunter, speaks volumes...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Meeting the DPS threshold" is a nothing statement until Naxx (because frankly it doesn't matter and is pathetically easy to hit), where Melee Hunters do not meet it. Melee Hunters never beat a properly played Hunter under normal raid encounter circumstances. Not to mention you're running out of melee to Tranq shot (losing DPS and generally being sub-optimal) or you're just ignoring one of the two major reasons to even bring a Hunter to raids in the first place (Tranq and fast trash pulls).

No one is saying you can't play a sub-par spec on a sub-par class, but don't pretend that it's good just because it's possible. There is absolutely no good reason to play full melee when you can melee weave.

Ok so basically you have no experience in trying to push your potential DPS as Melee Hunter. So I don't know why you feel confident enough to talk about a topic you know nothing about. The fact you have to obviously point out that Ranged Hunter deals more DPS than Melee Hunter, speaks volumes...
    So your admitting a ranged hunter does more dps you are purposefully gimping yourself and raid for no gain. What a team player. The worst bit is hunters are already the worst actual dps class and you have admitted you make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    So your admitting a ranged hunter does more dps you are purposefully gimping yourself and raid for no gain. What a team player. The worst bit is hunters are already the worst actual dps class and you have admitted you make it worse.
    If he can get others to carry him, then more power to him.
    It reminds of the guy who believes that paladins could tank anything in Classic.
    And he was able to get a whole raid to carry him through everything while he was spending most of his time munching dirt during the fights
    I mean who can't respect a chad like him?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just meme-tier at this point. Anyone can get carried.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.