Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Just realize you guys are arguing with someone who thinks Star Citizen is legit about what constitutes a good final product.
    Oh come on nobody can be that dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Numbers which haven't been reported which you for some reason assume have exponentially increased.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the moron actually use that term I was under the impression only the most delusional of the defenders online were using that.
    The US reported viewers in the first week is around 6.9 million, if you just add europe uk and russia thats another 1 billion ppl compared to the 330 million pop in the US, dont ignore the rest of the world, the show has been out near 2 months, so yes the number is going to keep rising at a fast rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Its a bad show because character development is poor. Plot has 1000 holes. Sets and costumers are straight out of some LARP. CW shows have better dialogues.
    It has no character. Tell me what exactly is the story about? This is why it is a substandard show. How have you ever seen a decent show?
    The book is not any better to holes in the story and just things that just dont fit, the show isnt bad, its still good and that has been proven.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The US reported viewers in the first week is around 6.9 million, if you just add europe uk and russia thats another 1 billion ppl compared to the 330 million pop in the US, dont ignore the rest of the world, the show has been out near 2 months, so yes the number is going to keep rising at a fast rate.

- - - Updated - - -

The book is not any better to holes in the story and just things that just dont fit, the show isnt bad, its still good and that has been proven.
    That isn't how viewers work lol also read the books rofl

Just realize you guys are arguing with someone who thinks Star Citizen is legit about what constitutes a good final product.
    Star citizen current game is better than anything else availabe in the same genre and its not finished yet, at least have some common sense and know at least a little of what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't how viewers work lol also read the books rofl
    It was reported that 10s and 10s of millions watched the wheel of time, not just the 6.9 million from the US, so that means around 20 million viewers at least worldwide to watch the show, the books are bad and provide no entertainment value.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Did the moron actually use that term I was under the impression only the most delusional of the defenders online were using that.
    He most certainly did.
    O..a pdf file of the original script can be found here it's pretty messed up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously - EVERYONE just needs to give it up with Kenn.

He's been defending Star Citizen for hundreds of pages. Arguing about how its never had a release date or expectation of release. Arguing about how its the best space simulator available ever (even right now it is!) and ever will be and that yes, in fact, its all good and great business that the game is still under development and doesn't at all appear to understand why anyone would doubt that Star Citizen is going to deliver, in a timely manner, everything they promise. Because its unfair for us to expect a timeline from them, since no other game company has ever attempted to do what they are doing. So however long it takes is absolutely fine with Kenn.

No one here is going to convince Kenn about anything different from his world view. And arguing about it for dozen of pages is just this thread repeating the same points over and over and over and over with the same guy. The same points. Getting NOWHERE with him. And everyone repeating themselves and getting frustrated. And then more people doing the same thing - with the same points - with the same poster. And still getting nowhere. I don't know why he just doesn't copy/paste his response - since its never changing either.

(And in the SC thread, Kenn is also accused/believed to be a shill for SC. Check and check. We've covered those points again here too. LOL)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2022-01-06 at 07:30 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He most certainly did.
    Jordan would have literally sued him this reads like a terrifyingly bad fanfic erotica.

He most certainly did.
    Yes, well, I'd like to say it's shocking but... yeah, it's about what I expected from this guy. I don't know if it's confirmed to be legit, but it certainly seems very convincing to me at least.

Yeah, the original script is bad. Certainly supports one theory floating around. RJ had said he would come down like the hammer of the gods on anyone writing WoT erotica fanfiction. He had nothing against erotica, he just didn't want it with his characters. The theory is that Rafe was writing the stuff, RJ came down on him for it and that the show is now an act of petty revenge.

Bookcloaks is one of the milder things Rafetan and the Showspawn call those who don't like the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Yeah, the original script is bad. Certainly supports one theory floating around. RJ had said he would come down like the hammer of the gods on anyone writing WoT erotica fanfiction. He had nothing against erotica, he just didn't want it with his characters. The theory is that Rafe was writing the stuff, RJ came down on him for it and that the show is now an act of petty revenge.

Bookcloaks is one of the milder things Rafetan and the Showspawn call those who don't like the show.
    I doubt that is the reason tbh although it would be funny. I think he is just a crappy writer.

...makes me want to binge watch all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Joss Whedon.. say whatever about him, but at least he knows how to write well)

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The wheel of time is its own world with all its lore and characters"
    I am just going to stop you there, because that's the only bit you got right. Wheel of Time, as written by the author has a very specific world setting, very specific lore, very specific characters, and very specific plot.

If you are going to "adapt" those, you don't start by making major changes that fundamentally alter the characters, lore, plot and setting and then pretending that it is still the same thing. If you do, it's no longer "Wheel of Time". Full stop. Attempting to argue otherwise is insanity.

A few Minor changes are occasionally acceptable when it comes to adaptations, such as updating Romeo and Juliette to take place in "modern" times, for example. Making sweeping changes to basically EVERYTHING simultaneously is not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    A few Minor changes are occasionally acceptable when it comes to adaptations, such as updating Romeo and Juliette to take place in "modern" times, for example. Making sweeping changes to basically EVERYTHING simultaneously is not.
    And yet that contradicts your first point because it makes major changes that fundamentally alter the characters, lore, plot and setting. You are essentially making it an arbitrary line that is crossed only when you decide based on which adaptations you like and which adaptations you don't like. Amazon's Wheel of time is pretty close to "modern R&J" adaptations which makes your comparison on what is acceptable and what is not weird.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

He most certainly did.
    the meta data being posted makes it seem like it is actually legit obviously you can mess with meta data but it's a lot of work to go through so is writing 60 pages of nonsense.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Its a bad show because character development is poor. Plot has 1000 holes. Sets and costumers are straight out of some LARP. CW shows have better dialogues.
    It has no character. Tell me what exactly is the story about? This is why it is a substandard show. How have you ever seen a decent show?
    Just curious what are some plot holes you noticed? The only thing I can think of is nynaeve finding lann after days of horde back which made no sense.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I can honestly say Rafe gave me something I am taking a liking to; the word "bookcloak."
    If in his perspective this makes me a "close-minded purist" then I'll wear "bookcloak" as a title to be proud of.
    It's amazing that you have a showrunner leading an adaptation who is openly antagonistic towards the fans of the series he is adapting. How unbelievably bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet that contradicts your first point because it makes major changes that fundamentally alter the characters, lore, plot and setting.
    Thanks for once again completely missing the point.

Nobody goes into a modern adaptation of R&J (such as one set in New York) expecting a a "faithful" adaptation of the source material because they already KNOW its going to be set in New York. When the Wheel TV adaptation was announced, the showrunner went to great lengths to assure fans that he knew, understood, and would respect the source material. Then we got the show, and it was pretty clear this was not the case at all.

You are also missing the point that while setting R&J in New York is a "major change" to the setting, nothing fundamental to the story is lost, because the setting for R&J is not a core element of what make R&J R&J. Yes, it was originally set in 1500s France, and anyone going to see an actual, faithful traditional performance of R&J is going to expect it to be in France, but nothing about the setting prevents it from being altered without impacting the overall "whole" that is R&J.

Every "modern" adaptation of R&J is clearly R&J to anyone who is familiar with the source material. The Wheel of Time TV series is NOT equivalent, because it fundamentally changes a metric fuckload about everything from plot to characters to world lore when compared to the source.

By your logic, "Gnomeo and Juliette" is a terrific adaptation of the R&J story, because it has easily recognizable elements of R&J in it, despite the fact that, you know, both main characters actually live at the end and there is no tragedy, which is literally one of the fundamental core elements of the R&J story.

Here's an easy litmus test to tell if something is a good "adaptation" in terms of staying true to the original source: If you removed all name callbacks to the source material, but left everything else the same, would you be able to identify the source? 99% of R&J adaptations of literally any sort? Absolutely. Strip out all the name callbacks of Wheel of Time? How many people would know it was a Wheel of Time adaptation, as opposed to just some random Fantasy show?
    Last edited by Surfd; 2022-01-07 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Just curious what are some plot holes you noticed? The only thing I can think of is nynaeve finding lann after days of horde back which made no sense.
    Perrin killing his wife and basically just moving on to have a crush on Egwene like a week later
    Complete lack of clarity on what happened last time the dragon was alive - is the dark one imprisoned, is he loose? What is the Eye of the World?
    Why does Moiraine say you are sure to die if you go to the Eye of the World and you're not the Dragon? Nothing that makes that clear.
    Was Nynaeve dead? What the hell was that? Egwene can heal fatal or near fatal wounds with no training?
    How did Nynaeve track them? WTF is a "tell"? Like is Moiraine leaving behind particularly pungent farts?
    How did Egwene and Nynaeve suddenly go from 0 to 100 as channelers?
    Why do men go mad? Did they always go mad? What about the previous dragon, did he cause it somehow, and how did that work?
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-07 at 04:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Every "modern" adaptation of R&J is clearly R&J to anyone who is familiar with the source material. The Wheel of Time TV series is NOT equivalent, because it fundamentally changes a metric fuckload about everything from plot to characters to world lore when compared to the source.
    So you are confused on if the show is Wheel of Time? Anyone who is familiar with the source material can tell it is based on Wheel of Time which again shows how silly and arbitrary your comparisons.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you are confused on if the show is Wheel of Time? Anyone who is familiar with the source material can tell it is based on Wheel of Time which again shows how silly and arbitrary your comparisons.
    Really? You sure people would be convinced it was an adaptation of Wheel of Time, as written by Robert Jordan, after several episodes where things don't happen the same way they did in the book? Like, not "little" things, but MAJOR, MASSIVE Changes?

Sure, people who read the books will be able to tell that it used elements of the Wheel of Time story, but they would laugh in your face if you told them it was supposed to be a proper adaptation of the book.