Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shows / movies that turned out to be a huge disappointment?

The movie Wimbledon
    The show two and a half men

Librarians
    Eternals

5+ Year Old Account
    Matrix Resurrection. That was quite lame, not going to lie.

As a Marvel fan I was pretty disappointed with the newest spider man, was literally a cobbled up plot to be meta within their universe and show cameos. "Hey remember these actors? They're still alive!"
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-01-15 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy pick... The Witcher Netflix series.

The Witcher world is probably one of the things I ever immersed myself in the most... I played all the games, read all the books, and when I heard they were going to make a series that was faithful to the books, I was so looking forward to it.

What I got instead was nothing short of fanfiction. Character appearances was changed, the plot was changed, almost everything is unrecognizable. I could welcome the new things if they made sense and if they actually improved the story, but they don't do either. I wish they didn't say they wanted to stay faithful to the books, at least now I would have no expectations.

Of recent;

Wheel of Time
    Book of Boba Fett

Any Star Wars movie beyond the original trilogy. I'm not even saying that as some sort of purist fan.

I quite enjoy a lot of the animated shows like Clone Wars and Bad Batch, as well as the recent live action shows.

It's a shame Disney couldn't make a coherent plan for the sequel trilogy before they started handing it out to different directors who clearly had very different visions for their movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Warcraft movie for me

Netflix Witcher. As a citizen of the Sapkowski's country... this is total disgrace.
    Warcraft movie
    GoT of course... how sad and horrible ending
    Matrix Ressurections

Eternal Ban of the Chicken Drummer Mind

It wasn't even eternal!

5+ Year Old Account
    Eternals, best part of movie is Cercy romance with Jhon Snow and this is movie about superpowers; hell each superhero movie without good villain becoming a waste of time, like i watched 2 hours of "You know they were there when Thanos attacked".
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Think there was another thread similar to this one and I said in that one Pacific Rim 2.

Thought I was gonna get some flashy and silly Robot vs. Kaiju action. It failed to deliver one of the easiest and most simple concepts. Like how you fuck up a Ninja Robot with laser swords? Fuck you.

the cloverfield paradox

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Eternals, best part of movie is Cercy romance with Jhon Snow and this is movie about superpowers; hell each superhero movie without good villain becoming a waste of time, like i watched 2 hours of "You know they were there when Thanos attacked".
    Eternals was written like some young adult fanfic and made zero attempts to actually stick within the Marvel universe. Don't forget the gender and race swapping they did alongside the absolutely atrocious story. What an embarrassment to Jack Kirby's work.

Amazon's The Wheel of Time is quite literally the biggest dumpster fire adaptation I've ever seen. It's WoT in name only, since it does such an excellent job at shitting all over Robert Jordan's character development and world building by ruining the characters and the story itself. Nothing about the show is relevant to the books aside from the names of people and places. Also, one of the longest running story arcs over the whole series has its impact gutted out inside of one season, which was so fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Probably from the exact same "person."
    Really doesn't matter who (or what) creates a thread as long as it is a platform for discussion.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-01-15 at 08:37 PM.

Warcraft movie should have been way better with its budget and source material. I'm not sure if its the studio that completely recked the movie by shortening it by 40 minutes or if Duncan Jones was just not the man for the job. There was no need to even do that many unnecesary retcons.

The Disney Star Wars movies, I tuned out after The Last Jedi and didn't even watch Rise of Skywalker. The Force Awakens was just a nostalgia trip with a Mary Sue as the protagonist and some discount version of Vader as the antagonist. I didn't mind the acting but the writing and directing sucked. The Last Jedi managed to be way worse with the way they treated Luke. Rogue One was pretty good though.

As for shows I'm still hugely dissapointed with post-season 4 Game of Thrones. They started to run out of book material and couldn't manage to write stories themselves to keep up with the shows quality that it used to have. At least some of the action scenes were still done really well.

As of late I was also dissapointed with the Chucky TV show. I want to watch for Chucky but he felt more like a side character and all the kid main characters are straight up annoying. The kills were also not that good with a few exceptions and it also feels like they have to dumb down every human being just to have them die by Chucky and not even notice that he is the killer, but the movies are also guilty of that. This is coming from someone who didn't even mind the Chucky 2019 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The Life & Times of the Chicken Drummer Bot. It was awful, repetitive.
    And yet... you still tune in for every "episode"...

Must be doing something right.

For the most recent ones:

M4trix
    Eternals
    The Wheel of Time
    Dune

Older ones:
    The Lord of the Rings trilogy (fight me)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Star Wars Ep 7-9

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wheel of Time - Honestly, as a book reader, it was a big letdown. I was screaming at my screen every episode about some of the (major) things they changed. I totally understood some of the changes to make it more appealing on TV, but some of the bigger changes I just cannot forgive. (Such as not introducing important characters like Elaine and Elaida at the proper point, Moraine/Siuan either being able to Travel or access Tel'aran'rhiod, or Waygates now requiring a channeler to open them, making Loial a completely superfluous character.

Matrix: Resurrection - I didn't hate it, but the plot was incredibly thin and not bringing back more of the original actors (Morpheus, for example) kinda killed the vibe.

Eternals - Again, I didn't hate it, but as MCU movies goes, I personally think this is the weakest one yet. They're probably using it more as a base to build upon and to introduce those characters, but even so, it felt very weak.

And Just Like That... - I was hyped for a SatC reboot but this is just trying a bit too hard to be woke for me. Plus, no Samantha, who arguably carried the show (and movies) pretty hard back in the day.

Dexter: New Blood - Started out really strong and I liked it for the most part but the ending feels off. All season they built up to Harrison's own dark passenger, only for him to abandon it at the last minute because he suddenly develops a conscience he never had before (like when he stabbed his school friend for funsies and made him look like the bad guy). Something just didn't feel right there.
    Last edited by Venara; 2022-01-16 at 01:40 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Dexter: New Blood - Started out really strong and I liked it for the most part but the ending feels off. All season they built up to Harrison's own dark passenger, only for him to abandon it at the last minute because he suddenly develops a conscience he never had before (like when he stabbed his school friend for funsies and made him look like the bad guy). Something just didn't feel right there.
    Harrison always had a conscience.

His friend was a bad guy. Harrison did set up the situation...but the other kid had been planning on attacking the other kids. Harrison justified his attack on him the same way he justified helping Dex kill Kurt and their plans to continuing to kill other people...to save innocent lives. It's Dexter's killing of Logan that turns Harrison against him... because Logan was innocent. Harrison figures out right there that Dexter doesn't do what he does to save people. Dexter honestly couldn't give a shit about his victims victims. The Code just gave him his targets and his ritual. Serial Killers do love their rituals.

All that being said, I did find the ending to be disappointing. It all felt rushed. Too much left unresolved.