Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Gotta love the weekends.

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This bot wasn't designed to do what you wanted, and it was stated as such in the basic FAQ. There's no chance it was failing if it wasn't even trying in the first place.
    As I said repeatedly, you discount the possibility I was just stupid. Sometimes human support is needed precisely because it helps to explain how bots work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I wanted
    There's your problem.

Blizzard has open channels for issues they've decided to have open channels for. The rest is automated / bot stuff. Your issue isn't special, your "issue" isn't something that needs to, or should, be looked at by them in the manner you "wanted".

Simple as that. You gotta remember you're a tiny fish in a huge sea of wish with issues. From your posts here, yours is neither significant, relevant or necessary to prioritize with a human representative.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said repeatedly, you discount the possibility I was just stupid. Sometimes human support is needed precisely because it helps to explain how bots work.
    You could just come out and say you didn't read the FAQ. You've already dug yourself deep enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Let me guess you also dont get vaccinated in case it can fail ? Slowly i think you are just trying to troll and this thread should be closed
    their tesla argument is pretty bad ofc,but i think this is a human psychological issue,yes even if we could show that a robot car is far safer and reduces casualty numbers by a lot,its the loss of agency that people would rly dislike,a robot car isnt exactly like a vaccine or a seatbelt,it would be more like a vaccine that takes control of your body and acts ''safer''

even if it would result in safer situations,people would still feel weird about it,i mean look at the anti vaxx movement today,where you dont lose control of your body lol

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    their tesla argument is pretty bad ofc,but i think this is a human psychological issue
    You're still objectively wrong though. This is not a thread that debates on whether the probability of the bot working correctly is low (that would be a strawman argument); this is a thread that has me debate with people who believe human support should not exist at all in my case; that's what they have to prove.

And if you think a Tesla having a high probability to have software without bugs is justification to not have human support at all then you have to answer the core question on why do you think human support should not exist to tell their users how the bot works and to reassure them humans also believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still objectively wrong though. This is not a thread that debates on whether the probability of the bot working correctly is low (that would be a strawman argument); this is a thread that has me debate with people who believe human support should not exist at all in my case; that's what they have to prove.

And if you think a Tesla having a high probability to have software without bugs is justification to not have human support at all then you have to answer the core question on why do you think human support should not exist to tell their users how the bot works and to reassure them humans also believe that.

Human support shouldn't exist for issues answered in the basic FAQ. You had access to human support but it's meant for serious issues, of which yours wasn't. That's why you abused it. This is really simple.

Human support shouldn't exist for issues answered in the basic FAQ
    You are not convincing, because you have not answered the basic questions that debunk your position.

a) Why do you think people who misread the FAQ should not deserve human support at all?

b) Why do you believe the FAQ is 100% correct or the bot 100% without bugs?

c) Why do you want no humans to tell other humans the bot is good?

If you mean they made it impossible to talk to them easily yes. For example: one of their automated systems has objectively a problem and you want to talk to them about it and you can't.

If their solution is actually helpful to them (and they do not shoot themselves in the foot) it has only one explanation: their support people are clueless at helping further.
    I noticed a while ago that the system tries to send you in a loop for as long as it can before even letting you write a ticket. Im certain i have not received a direct contact to a GM in over 4 years. Pretty much stopped dead the second they began firing people in numbers people reported on.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not convincing, because you have not answered the basic questions that debunk your position.

a) Why do you think people who misread the FAQ should not deserve human support at all?

b) Why do you believe the FAQ is 100% correct or the bot 100% without bugs?

c) Why do you want no humans to tell other humans the bot is good?
    This isn't debate class. Blizzard put the basic FAQ up to answer your basic questions, and it did. You failing to read doesn't make Blizzards support bad, in this case it was actually about as good as you can possibly want it, they outright say what they can and can't do in a very easy to access page, for something they have no obligation to help you with in any way. You ignored it, then complained.

It's not for banning. That does have an option to speak to a person anyway.

I want a method to talk to a human generally about something.
    So you basically want a one-on-one with someone about your issue. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. You submit your ticket like the rest of us, and if they decide your problem requires human response, you'll get it. You can request it in your ticket, but if it doesn't warrant it, you won't get it. That's how support desks work.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

This isn't debate class.

Blizzard put the basic FAQ

You failing to read
    It's not a class, but it's still a debate. If you can't answer the question "why do you think Blizzard is infallible with the FAQ and the Bot?" then how do you expect to be convincing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So you basically want a one-on-one with someone about your issue. Sorry, ain't gonna happen.
    It's still possible, and it has been discussed in the first replies of the thread. You just go to the account section.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving the goalposts with every reply you make doesn't change the fact that your problem didn't need a real human support representative to look into it as the answer was blatantly in the FAQ.

As has previously been stated, you're exactly the reason companies make these automated systems.

why do you think Blizzard is infallible with the FAQ
    because it is their policy and they made the user item restoration tool. the item restoration list is working in line with their FAQ, you just don't like it and continue to argue it 11 pages later

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a class, but it's still a debate. If you can't answer the question "why do you think Blizzard is infallible with the FAQ and the Bot?" then how do you expect to be convincing?
    Why do you think the FAQ is wrong? Why would they post it then turn around and go "Oh no wait yeah we can do that"? The answer is you simply didn't like the answer the FAQ gave you and thought escalating it might get your way. Or you just failed to read. Either way the issue is you, not Blizzard.

And again, the system wasn't meant to restore consumables. That's basically a policy, or a rule. Like a store saying they don't return unopened items. There's no chance it's a bug when it's already an intended rule/limitation.

I have to use similar automated systems when I have to "complain" to and/or interact with my internet provider, cell phone company, return my taxes, virtually all other public services.
    Yes, you can get a hold of "real people", but only if all other possibilities fail.
    And (usually) it is faster and easier to use such systems than waiting in line for a "real person" to get to you.

Blizzard is not different than virtually all other big private companies and to a very big extent public services, at least here in Denmark.
    Automating customer service is a huge money saver and that is why it is done.

I can't submit a ticket to get my issue fixed. It pisses me off, it keeps saying there's an error and my ticket can't even be sent. Even tried uninstalling all my add-ons. Just gave up ever getting my issue fixed

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    the item restoration list is working in line with their FAQ
    You were asked "why is the faq in line with the tool" and you answered "the faq is in line with the tool" which you can tell it's not a convincing answer. Also there are two other unanswered questions. Why do you deny human support to people who misread the faq and why do you not want humans to talk to each other and reassure each other about the quality of the bot once in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think the FAQ is wrong?
    I never said it's wrong. I said it could be wrong. This is purely an agnostic position as any good science.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I see a lot of people criticizing the OP and maybe it's warranted, but:

Blizzard used to have excellent CS back before Morhaime stepped down; that was something he was personally committed to. Something like, they wanted the customer support experience to be as fun and memorable and playing their games. And back in those days, if you talked to CS or GMs, you probably remember them being super helpful, conversational, even telling jokes or doing RP. That was sort of a point of pride for the company.

IIRC it was only a few months after he stepped down that they laid off a bunch of their CS staff, and in the intervening years their CS has been overhauled into a mostly automated system that makes it pretty much impossible to talk to a real person. Obviously CS is expensive and mostly deals with petty non-issues and disgruntled customers. I get that.

I still think it's probably the first big example of Blizzard Entertainment abandoning their core values. Never mind that they were posting record profits at the time the layoffs hit. It's just one of those little things that has imperceptibly eroded the quality of their products. It's rare that you'll need CS in the first place, and when you do it's likely they have an automated solution, but if they don't, instead of having a quick and helpful GM solve your issue and leave you with an overall positive experience, you instead have to deal with an automated runaround and the frustration of trying to figure out how to talk to someone directly.
    I mean to be fair they probably looked at what the tickets were, which were mostly item restoration/I’m stuck/character undelete, and automated that process. You don’t need a GM to personally restore a lost item for you, it’s done automatically via their website. There would be very few issues from the early days of WoW that didn’t fall into the categories I mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it's wrong. I said it could be wrong. This is purely an agnostic position as any good science.
    No, it isn't, it's you hoping that escalating things will get you what you want. You're the reason these systems get automated, so you're only just digging yourself a deeper hole if you want more human service. You can very much be a bad customer just as much as Blizzard can be a bad company.