You know we're deep into the drought when someone takes out the Merriam-Webster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Not sure why everyone keeps debating the empire of dragons logo. The person who posted it continues to read this thread and hasn't said a word about it since they posted it. Was also the first and only source of the image. Just put it to rest already lol
    I thought it was originally posted on 4chan?

Empire of Dragons is fake because it's such a comically bad name that there is no way that Blizzard would think of anything bad like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjZylsqGPo

This looks great. 1000x better than the awful Unreal Engine renders of "next-gen" WoW zones.
    The tree density is off, but the rest is just great. And that music... it instantly takes you back, doesn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, yeah?
    It looks like wood with stylized pieces of organic metal shapes.
    There are afterall elven bows with even more metal pieces.
    I would very much like to see ANY traditional elven bow resemble anything close to that. Again, if you look at the edges of all WoW logos, it's curved sides always resembled bows on some level. Obviously when we got a sleeker logo, that resemblance would increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Empire of Dragons is fake because it's such a comically bad name that there is no way that Blizzard would think of anything bad like that.
    Don't people always think this when the expansion name is leaked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Someone on reddit said it looks like the Sapphire Skyblazer. I don't necessarily agree with that take but I can see the elven elements perhaps people see in the bow.

It would be pretty funny if this ends up being another expansions themed around elves.
    when have we ever had an expansion themed around elves?

This looks great. 1000x better than the awful Unreal Engine renders of "next-gen" WoW zones.
    Imagine if all the zones got this level of update, then got filled with dailies, world quests, rares and treasures, and we then got an open world heroic gamemode of sorts that made the entire world relevant

Just something that needed you to travel from Elwynn to Booty Bay without flying mounts, teleports or flightmasters could be such a journey compared to the barren version we have now where landmarks just disappear beneath you.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I thought it was originally posted on 4chan?
    I quoted the post earlier (at least the earliest I could find) saying it was from some discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The tree density is off, but the rest is just great. And that music... it instantly takes you back, doesn't it?
    Honestly I just found it slightly amusing how this fan rendition of Elwynn had too few trees, making it seem more open than it should, whereas the revamped Arathi Highlands got too many trees, making it seem less open than it should have.

Maybe the Alliance landscaping guild took all the trees missing from this Elwynn into Arathi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I quoted the post earlier (at least the earliest I could find) saying it was from some discord.
    It was on a discord that claimed to have found it on 4chan.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would very much like to see ANY traditional elven bow resemble anything close to that. Again, if you look at the edges of all WoW logos, it's curved sides always resembled bows on some level. Obviously when we got a sleeker logo, that resemblance would increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't people always think this when the expansion name is leaked?
    The only expansion name people thought was bad was Battle for Azeroth, simply because it sounded generic as fuck. But in hindsight that name is great.

Empire of Dragons looks like someone wanted to have both elements of "Black Empire" and also "Dragons" in the name but didn't wanna use more than one braincell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also doesn't even sound right at all.

Edit: @ that video of updated Elwynn Forest. Sounds like regular music of the zone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    when have we ever had an expansion themed around elves?
    Legion

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    You know we're deep into the drought when someone takes out the Merriam-Webster.
    Oh, I thought the 20 pages if the border of the leaked logo is or is not a naaru were sign for that enough.;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Shh, don't burst bubbles while I'm having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do we expect the big news ? Tomorrow or Thursday/Friday ?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Tuesday or End of Week. It also depends what the news is and what it isn't for the timing.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I still can't believe that WoW's graphics can look that good and right, and then we got Shadowlands which looks like a pristine Disney set half the time.

It needs more trees though to truly capture the Elwynn feel.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

At least Blizzard can release a mysterious image or phrase to keep us speculating...

tbf elwynn looks good bc it's pre-zone clutter which started to come in around MoP and went full force in Legion onwards. no zones can look as good as that now with their current design philosophy.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Salvation is upon us. My neurons will heal from the stupidity and drought that we've been stuck in.

Just a little bit more patience and we shall be rewarded.

Of course, I'd prefer if it was earlier than Thursday/Friday though. But that's a bit selfish.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Legion

/10char
    You can't be serious?