Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So we have 99K idiots and 102K morons weighing in on a TV show they haven't seen yet.
    Why can't they be viewed as likes and dislikes of the teaser trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    More dislikes than likes

Thank goodness!

More dislikes than likes

<snip>https://i.ibb.co/L0dVZGS/34g343rrw2.jpg<snip>
    99% of people think the like/dislike button isn't worth the effort of pushing.

lol I doubt these "superfans" have read a single tolkien book...

That video is absolute cringeworthy trash. No wonder they unlisted it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    That video is absolute cringeworthy trash. No wonder they unlisted it.
    Dear god... what a disaster that video is. Every time something new comes out, people tell us not to start panicking about the series, then the next thing comes and it's just worse.

These "superfans" clearly don't know the lore at all: "young" Galadriel is among one of the oldest beings on Middle Earth at the time, like literally 6000-7000 years old.

Anyone else getting strong Ali G vibes from the moderator, by the way?

Here's a link to the goodreads page of Joel Rochester, the guy pictured in the thumbnail. He doesn't have any Tolkien books listed as read. He added the Silmarillion to his list but it's not read (and he's been regularly adding other books and marking them read). Jesus christ... it seems they stopped reading his bio at "bisexual black fantasy fan" and didn't check whether he is even a fan of LOTR. Dude also gave 5 star rankings to about 70% of the books he has read, and seems a huge fan of Percy Jackson...

https://www.goodreads.com/review/lis...ery%5D=tolkien

I can't find anything on the black girl, I think she's a tiktok person, and the other one is a "demisexual" who has 215k subscribers on youtube for fantasy related stuff, a few references to Harry Potter, but again no LOTR.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-02-20 at 08:10 PM.

So we have 99K idiots and 102K morons weighing in on a TV show they haven't seen yet.
    Yes, when someone is squatting over your mouth and pushing, you totally believe them when they say "What's the matter, you don't if it's going to be shit IT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET!".

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I doubt these "superfans" have read a single tolkien book...

wow even as a bi/pan guy I feel embarrassed xD

But lets be honest that whole thing is corporate back to front. It was like some white guys in a meeting though of it and I feel sad, that diversity is always being used in such a way. Diversity is always good, (like no shit) but the way corporations use it and project it is done in the worst way possible.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-02-20 at 08:03 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

"Everything she can do is because Luke accomplished the same."

That isn't entirely true because she picked up everything in an incredibly small amount of time but in the original 3 movies it was an assumed amount of time between the movies. One Deathstar was blown up... and they had to make a new one which takes a sizeable stretch of time. Rey went to hang out with Luke and within a very small time frame "Well, I've learned everything..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    wow even as a bi/pan guy I feel embarrassed xD

But lets be honest that whole thing is corporate back to front. It was like some white guys in a meeting through of it.
    Geebus, everyone still keeps spamming that supposed Tolkien quote in the comments.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Geebus, everyone still keeps spamming that supposed Tolkien quote in the comments.
    I have that extension that keeps youtube comments turned off. For the same reason I don't use twitter. Mental health protection lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have that extension that keeps youtube comments turned off. For the same reason I don't use twitter. Mental health protection lol
    And I simply do not scroll down.

often :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i agree with that and i was 100% disappointed with Fin treatment, i thought it would be dope as hell to have a "stormtrooper" changing sides and fighting for the good, maybe even learning some jedi shit, cause i can't stand skylwalker bs, but meh, wasted.
    I agree that what they did with Finn was an incredible waste of potential. For once a character that was both novel and had protagonist development potential and instead of dealing him justice, by Ep 8 he had turned into the replacement for C3PO...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Dear god... what a disaster that video is. Every time something new comes out, people tell us not to start panicking about the series, then the next thing comes and it's just worse.
    Some of us are telling you stop carrying needless expectations that cause yourself to panic.

Bad shows and movies happen. No reason to panic over em. I mean in all honesty, as shit as the Hobbit Trilogy is, was it ever worth panicing over? Hobbit book fans will always have the books. A bad movie or show won't ever change that.

Hobbit Trilogy is forever gonna be a thing, and we can choose to forever disregard Dwarf/Elf romances having ever existed. If people are upset over Black Elves or Beardless female Dwarves, this shit ain't canon anyways. Never will be.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-20 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

Hobbit Trilogy is forever gonna be a thing, and we can choose to forever disregard Dwarf/Elf romances having ever existed. If people are upset over Black Elves or Beardless female Dwarves, this shit ain't canon anyways. Never will be.
    Thanks for reminding me that was a thing lol

You know the like/dislike function is for the actual teaser video and not for the series itself?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I mean it could defy the odds and be good... I don't believe it will be but watching a trainwreck is entertaining in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LTN View Post
    I mean it could defy the odds and be good... I don't believe it will be but watching a trainwreck is entertaining in itself.
    Maybe, but that didn't save WoT. It was too bad even to watch ironically.

10+ Year Old Account
    palate cleanser :P

Last edited by Orby; 2022-02-20 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Thank goodness!
    ...keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Potter's parents weren't the main characters. Now if we see a hp movie where we see Potter alone, and derelict after a couple of decades I'd think an hp fan would want more than a half-assed scene that were supposed to believe that was the point where he gave up on everything that meant something to him. And considering Luke's beliefs, Fighting the good fight, even a "hopeless" battle...that would be him. "Giving up" should never have been an option.
    Hint: Luke wasn't the main character of this sequel trilogy.

I mean, Kylo is supposed to be in his mid-20s? Assuming maybe Han and Leia had a few years of a relationship before having a kid, can we assume that at least 25 years have passed?

Are Star Wars fans so pedantic that everything of that 25 years has to be spelled out in some media format somewhere? The growing unease of Luke as he trains Kylo, the seduction of Kylo by Snoke, Luke retreating to the island and his inner struggles about whether he should continue the Jedi order, and so on, and so forth? Maybe you want a movie of him reading all the books in the tree temple to the audience?

The whole point of TLJ was that the two stories from Kylo and Luke differed. What mattered was how each character saw that moment. For Kylo it was a betrayal by a parental figure that he could never forgive. For Luke, it was a "moment of doubt and pain" (put it in quotes so y'all can draw the easy parallels to Jesus' moment of doubt in the garden of Gethsemane) that he instantly regretted, and that sent his life careening into chaos.

I thought it was brilliantly executed. But Star Wars fans are like, the most reductive assholes on the internet who A) cling to character archetypes of characters from 40 years ago, not accepting change, and B) only accept change if it's spelled out explicitly in 2 decades worth of now-defunct EU books.

I mean for Christ's sake, look at The Mandalorian vs. the reaction to Boba Fett. Star Wars fans love Mandalorian because it's exactly their image of what a Mandalore bounty hunter would be, as established in....well, let's face it, side material, since the original Boba Fett had absolutely no backstory. Smash forward to the Book of Boba Fett, and from what I can gather, people think it's worse because......Boba tries to do something else, like be a leader?
    Last edited by eschatological; 2022-02-21 at 03:09 AM.