Thread: Oscars slap.

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Neither do you
    You're right and because it doesn't matter, assault and battery is illegal and you are the only one saying it isn't a big deal because of how YOU Feel or even how you think Chris Feels, I am saying Will Smith broke the fucking law and it's evident he did. So Assault is either ok or it isn't period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And the only person who can decide this is the victim, Chris Rock. Who isn't you. Man, lots of people not named "Chris Rock" trying to make this about them and shit.
    Doesn't have to be me to know physical assault is never ok, nor should it go without consequences, and that empathy you seem to not give a shit about subjectively as I said save that Energy for one of your other threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Honestly you should not really care about technicalities and "the law" very much, you should care about the morality of the situation.
    Again your morals and mine are not the same, but that is why the Law isn't strictly about that, it's about what we all are supposed to agree to.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

What I'm getting from all of this is that the only thing keeping Mall Cop from attacking people is the fear of legal consequences.

It's not a great look.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Doesn't have to be me to know physical assault is never ok
    Nobody is saying it is.

nor should it go without consequences
    The only person this matters to is the victim, Chris Rock. And you don't seem to be Chris Rock.

and that empathy you seem to not give a shit about subjectively as I said save that Energy for one of your other threads.
    Literally what does this word salad even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm getting from all of this is that the only thing keeping Mall Cop from attacking people is the fear of legal consequences.

It's not a great look.
    Not really more like you and a few others will bitch and complain and break the rules here, make personal insults and get a pass and likely applauded and encouraged by mods because it's.

But let the same individuals with your bullshit song and dance about double standards here and you will be crying as well when someone is infracted someone else doesn't fucking like.

Many here will determine what they will argue based on who side they see they are on. Again you're full of shit and what you and a handful say isn't really all that important to me. But by please keep making fun of me because I am employed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nobody is saying it is.
    The only person this matters to is the victim, Chris Rock. And you don't seem to be Chris Rock.
    Literally what does this word salad even mean?
    Sure you are, because you are putting the onus on the victim of an assault as opposed to the perpetrator because obviously how you and anyone you like feels about it.

That is why I said save that Energy, because when your subjective bullshit backfires and someone on her like you complains about someone being a victim of a crime, same attitude should apply.

Not really more like you and a few others will bitch and complain and break the rules here, make personal insults and get a pass and likely applauded and encouraged by mods because it's.

But let the same individuals with your bullshit song and dance about double standards here and you will be crying as well when someone is infracted someone else doesn't fucking like.

Many here will determine what they will argue based on who side they see they are on. Again you're full of shit and what you and a handful say isn't really all that important to me. But by please keep making fun of me because I am employed.
    Now we add mod conspiracy to the lunacy. Spiral continues.

...I think a few here need to be slapped.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no no no, you don't get to pretend the last bit you said previously didn't happen. you are being utter ridiculous in your interpretation of their relationship. maybe, IDK, Will loves his wife? shocking revelation I know... for some of you... for some reason..
    It's not rediculous when they had a break, therapy, he stated SHE never wanted a traditional relationship, he laughed and was ok with it until she stared daggers at him and he thought it was ok to just walk up onto a stage where a dude was doing his job and slap him. If you think that sounds like a healthy relationship then I hate to break it to you bud but you should probably check yours cause its clearly not.

Ok lol. I guess none of the other men or women who ever had a person tell a joke about their partner and didn't slap them over it didn't love their partner then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Imagine getting btfo by PC2. Lol.
    At least he's a real person. I always thought mall cop was an ai because he used to type with awful grammar, changed to amadeus, and then typed fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Plenty of people go through rough patches in decades long relationships. Stop with your bullshit.
    Yeah plenty of healthy relationships have the man attack someone because the wife was angry......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Everyone would be pressing charges and complaining about political conspiracies against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Keep my username out your fucking mouth!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's not rediculous when they had a break, therapy, he stated SHE never wanted a traditional relationship, he laughed and was ok with it until she stared daggers at him and he thought it was ok to just walk up onto a stage where a dude was doing his job and slap him. If you think that sounds like a healthy relationship then I hate to break it to you bud but you should probably check yours cause its clearly not.

Ok lol. I guess none of the other men or women who ever had a person tell a joke about their partner and didn't slap them over it didn't love their partner then.
    I still have no fucking clue as to what their open relationship has to do with this other than the fact that Will loves his wife. again this needs to be repeated over AND over again: if these weren't celebrities, and the exact same scenario played out, no one would give a shit outside of those involved. NO ONE.

This you, bro?:

If I can straight up assault someone with no consequences. I’m sure I’d be happy as hell until I really I wouldn’t want to live in a society that allowed that kind of shit.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah plenty of healthy relationships have the man attack someone because the wife was angry......
    again how you understand their relationship better than them is a real head scratcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    This you, bro?:
    Yeah and your fucking point?

I am saying regardless to what I'd like I wouldn't endorse or want to live in a society that allowed everything I would like.

Yeah and your fucking point?

I am saying regardless to what I'd like I wouldn't endorse or want to live in a society that allowed everything I would like.
    Yeah, like I said, you need the threat of legal consequences to keep you from acting out violently.

That makes you more dangerous than Will Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    but then said offender was able to get up and give a tearful speech to a massive ovation with millions watching after utterly ruining the giant effort put together to make a show where he won an award.
    I don't think anyone expects intellectual consistency or high morality from a group of largely super rich folks showing up to a night of ritzy glamor where they give each other gold statues.

This is the problem with taking celebrities too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like I said, you need the threat of legal consequences to keep you from acting out violently.

That makes you more dangerous than Will Smith.
    So you're making a personal insult of my values regardless to that value being obeying the law. Sounds a bit like thought policing too. Anything to get away with the point of the thread which is only about the physical assault by Will Smith. Where I am advocating that there be consequences.

But You and a few others arguing that because YOU weren't personally assaulted, and Chris Rock didn't DIE, then there should be no consequences from a fucking physical assault. You want to argue it do bad you want to compare it to much worse situations out of context belittling both crimes, when I AM the only one suggesting their should be accountability across the board.

HAHAHAHA OOO KAY!

5+ Year Old Account
    Calm down, it's getting needlessly personal.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

But You and a few others arguing that because YOU weren't personally assaulted, and Chris Rock didn't DIE, then there should be no consequences from a fucking physical assault. You want to argue it do bad you want to compare it to much worse situations out of context belittling both crimes, when I AM the only one suggesting their should be accountability across the board.
    !
    No, you're putting words in other people's mouths. I've said, several times now, that Chris Rock has every right to press charges.

The fact is Chris Rock doesn't want to press charges. And if he doesn't feel the need to press charges...I don't see any reason for charges to be pressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    The event bothers me because nothing excuses violence, especially when it’s a little guy getting hit by a big guy who’s promoting toxic masculinity, but then said offender was able to get up and give a tearful speech to a massive ovation with millions watching after utterly ruining the giant effort put together to make a show where he won an award.
    Ruin it?

Chris Rock, The Victim himself, said it was the greatest night in Television History.

Will Smith just put the Oscars back on the map.