Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Why are Diversity officers always people of color? Can a white person fill this role? If not...that's weird. Yea?
    They could. But try actually thinking about it a bit.

"Our company is very serious about diversity. Here is a middle-aged white man in charge of diversity to explain." Not really showing much seriousness in diversity after all, are you?

BTW, I am a middle-aged white man...and I was asked one time to talk to new recruits about diversity initiatives that I help with. I told them "No" specifically for that reason. While my co-workers understand that I work to support everyone equally, new hires aren't going to understand that. There are plenty of other individuals in my company that could (and should) do that talk at least as well as I could.

A white person could perform in the role acceptably, but an actually diverse person with the same skill sets will do better because they don't just *think* they understand the challenges, they've actually experienced those challenges. While I emphasize and support others, I don't fool myself into thinking I understand nearly as well as those that have experienced those challenges.

This is no different than having someone with my relative experience in an unrelated thinking that they can be just as good as I am at my job. They may bring interesting new ideas and do well overall, but they aren't going to be better than me overall running all the activities because I have knowledge from experience that they have yet to learn (and may never learn).

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    Isn't this getting out of hand? In a few years, non white people and females will have identity crisis because they don't know if they got where they got because of talent or gender / color. White people with talent will blame them and that will generate even more racism.

- So, she was the best one for the job?
    - No sir, there was 3 more qualified people but they were Caucasian males.
    - Ok! Good job then.

Imagine this conversation 20 years ago.
    Considering it's pretty well documented that a lot of companies will throw out applications of women and/or if they see a name that doesn't look like it belongs to a white person, your post is pretty ignorant.

lol 10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on better games

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Considering it's pretty well documented that a lot of companies will throw out applications of women and/or if they see a name that doesn't look like it belongs to a white person, your post is pretty ignorant.
    Where are these documents of yours? id like to check them out and see how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Why is this important? Shouldn't Actiblizz be aiming to increase its percentage of qualified, competent and non-bigoted people in its workforce?
    It's more important to APPEAR virtuous than actually put effort to be virtuous. These false paragons of virtue are the kind of people I HATE the most.
    Seems like an American thing.

Also non-binary is the most made-up BS thing on the level of NFTs and I've no idea what deranged lunatic thought even for a moment of recognizing it as legit.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2022-04-11 at 11:47 PM.

I know that happens too. And I also don't think it's right. One problem doesn't invalidate the other. Word of advice, don't call others anything, just write your point.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What no one has talked about in this thread yet is Accenture.

I haven't worked for Accenture but I've worked adjacent to enough folks working/that worked for that company and heard enough. Doesn't exactly sound like a very good company to work for. Idk if this has impacted this individual at all, but I see Accenture and all I can think of is "work you dry and do our best to not pay you OT, good benefits, or fairly." Accenture is based out of India, so points for taking someone from an India-based company... I guess? Very diverse, yes.

This should be very interesting all-around!

How do you know that these people have experienced those challenges? Not all people that aren't 100 percent white face any racial or sexual discrimination, in fact I would imagine in this day and age a lot more don't than do.
    just being black or Asian or what ever doesn't mean you faced any racism in your life. That's a complete cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Where are these documents of yours? id like to check them out and see how bad it is.
    There are plenty of articles you can find on google.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I remember seeing this in the news.

Try again.

https://www.businessinsider.com/job-...is-name-2014-9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    How do you know that these people have experienced those challenges? Not all people that aren't 100 percent white face any racial or sexual discrimination, in fact I would imagine in this day and age a lot more don't than do.
    just being black or Asian or what ever doesn't mean you faced any racism in your life. That's a complete cop out.
    Asian-racism SKYROCKETED with COVID. Are you blind? It literally was all over the news, whether MSM or not.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    "Our company is very serious about diversity. Here is a middle-aged white man in charge of diversity to explain." Not really showing much seriousness in diversity after all, are you?
    This just in, racism is better then lack of diversity...

Maybe hire good devs that actually make a effort in making a good product.
    All these pointless positions only cost money and add nothing to the games that they make….

I know that happens too. And I also don't think it's right. One problem doesn't invalidate the other. Word of advice, don't call others anything, just write your point.
    My point is that your post was ignorant.

There are plenty of articles you can find on google.
    This right here is your unrealistic argument.

Show me these articles, better yet, give me some metrics.

I can probably give you 10 for every 1 you pull that argues the opposite, please, do not be bought into the ongoing con that is the us-vs-them logic anymore, its so 2016.

Let me be brutally honest with you, even beyond the colour of her skin or the gender.

Consider this: She is probably being paid more than two thirds of the people in the company of the same demographic, doesnt That concern you?

How about you stop trying to look for a poor reason to defend the opportunity being made from the company giving a token a job.

Yes, thats literally all this is, PR, accept it, you know its true and you dont want to admit it.

You want *Real* progress, you want *Real* tolerance? How about, just a novel idea, we stop using really, really bad tired arguments from the 1980's and instead look at modern problems.

Blizzard made a settlement with its victims for 18 million dollars in a company that generates billions a year, do you realize how utterly rotten that is? They brushed the mess under the rug, gave a token black woman a job in divercity and paid her well at the expense of OTHER equally qualified black female artists/designers/writers etc.

Seriously, THINK about your point before you make it, this is why the modern politics are so utterly rhetorical.

So all I have to say about this is, do not, be fooled, at all by how utterly obvious this stunt is.

Oh and my metrics on blizzards earnings:

Every subscription costs $9.99 I believed or something around that equivilent im from UK it was about £8.99 back in the day.

There were 12.5 million wow subs at its peak, meaning wow during Wrath literally generated 12.5 million times that amount, a month.

A *Month*, for two years and still generated 10 million in WoD and around the same in Legion.

Blizzard undeniably has the money to pay a significantly better settlement to its victims and to other efforts but instead focuses on adding a token to pander to PR so you forget the bullshit they've pulled.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2022-04-11 at 11:47 PM.

Good joke. Too bad it is 10 days too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    This just in, racism is better then lack of diversity...
    or you could read the rest of their post.... which goes into why this is in fact not "racist".

My point is that your post was ignorant.
    You assumed I didn't know what you said happens too, that's what happened.

You assumed I didn't know what you said happens too, that's what happened.
    Your post heavily implied that what I said happens too otherwise you would have included it. The post was ignorant and I stand by that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    This right here is your unrealistic argument.

Show me these articles, better yet, give me some metrics.

I can probably give you 10 for every 1 you pull that argues the opposite, please, do not be bought into the ongoing con that is the us-vs-them logic anymore, its so 2016.

Let me be brutally honest with you, even beyond the colour of her skin or the gender.

Consider this: She is probably being paid more than two thirds of the people in the company of the same demographic, doesnt That concern you?

How about you stop trying to look for a poor reason to defend the opportunity being made from the company giving a token a job.

Yes, thats literally all this is, PR, accept it, you know its true and you dont want to admit it.

You want *Real* progress, you want *Real* tolerance? How about, just a novel idea, we stop using really, really bad tired arguments from the 1980's and instead look at modern problems.

Blizzard made a settlement with its victims for 18 million dollars in a company that generates billions a year, do you realize how utterly rotten that is? They brushed the mess under the rug, gave a token black woman a job in divercity and paid her well at the expense of OTHER equally qualified black female artists/designers/writers etc.

Seriously, THINK about your point before you make it, this is why the modern politics are so utterly rhetorical.

So all I have to say about this is, do not, be fooled, at all by how utterly obvious this stunt is.
    https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/em...s-racial-names

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-interview

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021...imination-jobs

Google is haaaaaaaaaaaard. And you also have absolutely no evidence that she is going to get paid more than other people. That's just your bigoted speculation.

Your post heavily implied that what I said happens too otherwise you would have included it. The post was ignorant and I stand by that.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/em...s-racial-names

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-the-interview

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021...imination-jobs

Google is haaaaaaaaaaaard. And you also have absolutely no evidence that she is going to get paid more than other people. That's just your bigoted speculation.
    You realize your articles point to the same study?

And, that said study accounts for 83'000 people in a country state that has millions of citizens?

I feel like you're strawmanning a very niché argument, also, given the recent IGN debacle about being paid $20 to write an article quite honestly do you really trust modern journalism to be anything but cheap race baiting posts?

Maybe im a hardline sceptic, but I like to think money talks and honestly money is a very good way to tell if someones cause is sincere or a strawman for their actual agenda, this is why I look past the left-right bullshit and focus on the real enemy, the guy or girl with the big bucks who keeps everyone else, down.