10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Donbas doesn't look good.
    Are we repeating 2014 headlines now?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Russia seems to have gone with the attack everywhere at once plan. No single point of attack with concentrated forces but an attack across the entire frontline.

Sounds like a desperate last throw of the dice that will get a lot of troops killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    They're there, you're just not recognizing them for what they are.
    Indeed I am not. That's exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Sounds like a desperate last throw of the dice that will get a lot of troops killed.
    I don't think it's desperation, I think it's revenge. Putin's putting an entire country invasion force onto a single region the size of Maryland.

No idea how big Maryland is but Russia is attacking from Kharkiv in the north all they way around to north of Crimea. Basically the entire front line, all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea how big Maryland is
    About 25,000 square kilometers. Amongst the smallest US states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we repeating 2014 headlines now?
    2014? Scroll back about 6 weeks and look for @Easo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    2014? Scroll back about 6 weeks and look for @Easo
    This post doesn't even make sense.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    This post doesn't even make sense.
    You don't have to go back to 2014 for "It'S nOt LoOkInG gOoD fOr UkRaInE" posts.

Just a couple weeks back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You don't have to go back to 2014 for "It'S nOt LoOkInG gOoD fOr UkRaInE" posts.

Just a couple weeks back.
    Yeah, no, I don't care about your ridiculous personal vendetta. You missed my point entirely, which is why yours didn't make any sense.

It's been a constant state of fighting in Donbas since 2014.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia seems to have gone with the attack everywhere at once plan. No single point of attack with concentrated forces but an attack across the entire frontline.

I'm not sure how many soldiers there are there anyway, I read 76 Battalion Tactical Groups, which contain 600-800 soldiers each, out of which 200 infantry men. So what are the rest? I know that they should have 10 tanks and 40 IFV each as well, so say another 100 or so crew for those, then you're still at about 300 men in combat roles, as you do need support like medics, cooks etc.. If you expand that then they have, 76* 200 = 15200 infantry, 76*10 = 760 tanks and 76 * 40 = 3040 IFVs. (numbers taken from Wikipedia and assuming full strength.) That's not a lot of infantry for a really wide front. I feel I'm missing something here.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-04-19 at 04:35 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I'm not sure how many soldiers there are there anyway, I read 76 Battalion Tactical Groups, which contain 600-800 soldiers each, out of which 200 infantry men. So what are the rest? I know that they should have 10 tanks and 40 IFV each as well, so say another 100 or so crew for those, then you're still at about 300 men in combat roles, as you do need support like medics, cooks etc.. If you expand that then they have, 76* 200 = 15200 infantry, 76*10 = 760 tanks and 76 * 40 = 3040 IFVs. (numbers taken from Wikipedia and assuming full strength.) That's not a lot of infantry for a really wide front. I feel I'm missing something here.
    They aren't really advancing across entire frontline, those forces will be (probably) concentrated into 2 pincers attempting an enveloping maneuver. Central part of Donbass front near Donetsk city hasn't really moved during these almost 2 months, I still hear them firing artillery from apparently the same spot because sound didn't change, except at some point they switched from mostly rocket artillery to overwhelmingly cannons. So yeah all those BTGs are probably pushing south from Izyum or west from Kreminna, and north from somewhere not reported yet west of Donetsk, while Ukrainian forces are held up here.

We really need some militaristic minds back in this thread now...
    Last edited by Cynep; 2022-04-19 at 05:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Logically that is what you would expect them to do but they don't seem to be so far. There seems to be attacks in a number of places, including near Kherson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logically that is what you would expect them to do but they don't seem to be so far. There seems to be attacks in a number of places, including near Kherson.
    It's a reign of terror; they're trying to demoralize everyone and interrupt the relief/aid/supply efforts.

I mean, they can only push their BTGs along the front-line, but they can send missiles everywhere in Ukraine. They don't want Ukraine to be able to respond quickly to their advancement in Donbas.

- - - Updated - - -

"Say, how are those str0nk Russian st0nks doing? I bet they're--"

"Yeah, nevermind. Nothing to see here..."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Ukrainians are saying Russia has attacked along pretty much the entire 480km front but have only made minor gains.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

10+ Year Old Account

3 milion of now usless currency :P
    I kinda dont fell sorry for that guy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So apparently the youngest kacap to die in Ukraine was only 18 years old. Darn, if you think about it those russian kids who yelled BLYYAAAT when someone blown up their house in minecraft now yell BLYAAAAAAAAAAAAT when someone blows them up IRL.

Also since they needed DNA test to prove his identity its safe to say he wasnt in most presentable state.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some younger than that, especially among the seperatists. Some of the POWs don't look older than midteens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So apparently the youngest kacap to die in Ukraine was only 18 years old. Darn, if you think about it those russian kids who yelled BLYYAAAT when someone blown up their house in minecraft now yell BLYAAAAAAAAAAAAT when someone blows them up IRL.

Also since they needed DNA test to prove his identity its safe to say he wasnt in most presentable state.
    Thoughts and prayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were some younger than that, especially among the seperatists. Some of the POWs don't look older than midteens.
    Considering I read that there was some forced conscription going on in the separatist areas I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Educate myself about what? Proper use or pronouns?
    Obviously, as you made a mistake. But I am confident you won't it next time.