View Poll Results: How do you feel about Dragonflight now?

Voters
314. This poll is closed
  • Hyped

118 37.58%
  • Indifferent

117 37.26%
  • Depressed

79 25.16%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Question how do you feel about Dragonflight now?

So after watching the presentation or reading about the official news of the new expansion how do you feel?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

i am excited but i will remain cautious
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m interested. The new class looks cool.

Extremely on the fence. On one hand, every expansion looks like it has immense amounts of potential when first announced, only for it to be squandered as time goes on. On the other hand, they're doing a lot of interesting things here. The first race/class hybrid, a revamped flying system that seems(?) available out the gate, no expansion-centric systems and instead a talent tree that appears more identical to the old layout than anything else...

I really want to be excited for this, but I have to see more first

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty underwhelmed. Cinematic was kind've cool, but the new zones don't really look all that interesting (they aren't even floating like I'd hoped). Dracthyr look dumb and lame. Making flying more complicated does not appeal. Don't really care about new UI or talent system. Storyline wasn't especially compelling - I know some people like the idea of no major villain being featured at the start and it being exploration based, and while that can work this announcement didn't exactly draw me into the narrative.

Not a lot of cool concept art or monster designs show off, although the new gnoll and centaur stuff seems promising.

I'll need more information about new dungeons and raids. I guess this is just the initial reveal, but what they revealed isn't doing it for me.

This is the first expansion concept that just... leaves me disappointed. I'm barely interested now. Feels bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a resounding "meh". I like the idea of revisiting talents and professions, but i'm honestly more excited for the ducks than I am the new race/class/thing. Most likely another SL for me; level to cap and then never touch it again.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

DO YOU KNOW for how many years ive been asking for a talenet system revamp? humm?
    Is all i ever wanted

Im 10000% hyped

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Significantly more positive than I expected.

I dunno if "hyped" is right, but this is the first time I've seen the WoW team genuinely listen to players. Ever. And I've played since Vanilla Beta in 2004. Even in Ye Olde Dayes the devs didn't listen, they just had a vision closer to that of most players than it has been recently. Sometimes they even got into violent fights with the playerbase their ideas were so dumb (original honor grind, for example).

But here, they've basically gone through all the major, largely valid complaints about previous expansions, and well, systematically made an expansion that fixes/answers all of them.

I dunno if it'll be great, but it's the right direction for WoW if it's going to survive long-term.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Cautiously optimistic.

I'm mad. This is bullshit. Fuck Blizzard. New race is made out of reused assets. Even fat bears are more unique.

Very underwhelmed.

Aside from the talent trees (which are great) it feels like the rest is just secondary bullshit. And the race not being able to be any other classes than Evoker feels like a big middle finger into your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Extremely on the fence. On one hand, every expansion looks like it has immense amounts of potential when first announced, only for it to be squandered as time goes on. On the other hand, they're doing a lot of interesting things here. The first race/class hybrid, a revamped flying system that seems(?) available out the gate, no expansion-centric systems and instead a talent tree that appears more identical to the old layout than anything else...

I really want to be excited for this, but I have to see more first
    isn't the flying thing only for those specific dragon "mounts" and not just flying in general? almost seems like they want to test the waters with GW2's mount controls before just fully implementing it.

I don't like the cartoony, pastel art direction of the expansion. I prefer the detailed, gritty look and darker colors of the older expansions.

Not a fan of the theme. The 5 Dragonflights are incredibly bland. Should have introduced unique looking dragons like clockwork dragons powered by the souls of demons, or brought the Netherwings back, etc.

Danuser is still the lead writer so I have no faith in the story being good. Also, Blizzard lost its spine years ago. Warcraft used to be a story about the fall of civilizations and oaths of vengeance, created by metalheads. Now it is a story about forgiving people who commit genocide on your race every 4 years and how justice is wrong.

The zones look incredibly boring. I wish we got high fantasy zones like Outland, Deepholm, Argus, or the Shadowlands back.

Same empty promises about how they're listening to the players, yadda yadda yadda.

I actually like the MoP talent tree and dislike the old talent trees, so the reversion is a negative to me.

I don't care for Draconians. The silver lining of the expansion is the Draconians. We now have a precedent for Blizzard introducing a single race/class combo, and this race seems like it's going to spend most of its time in draconian form, which can't wear armor, which means would could get something unique in the future like a playable Cryptlord Nerubians.

The GW2 style momentum based flying could be really fun. GW2's flying is a high bar to top so we'll see. WoW's version seems to have more mount customization than GW2's at least.

No other notable features to speak of.

No sign of a stupid borrowed power system but I'm sure the expansion will still be just as grindy.

Doesn't sound like they're fixing the other problems with WoW, like only the latest expansion's content being relevant, which means that in practice there is very little content at all, especially with how barebones in content WoW expansions have been since Legion. World quests still suck.

Overall I don't care. I might check out the launch for the flying and see how it holds up compared to GW2's flying, but I won't stick around.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, no word on the music improving. The music peaked during MoP and WoD with Russell Brower and Jeremy Soule composing. Almost the entire soundtrack was a banger. Now they're gone and WoW's music is shit. You can cherrypick a handful of tracks but it's overall forgettable. WoW's music used to be a huge part of my enjoyment of the game and the lack of good music harms my interest in playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    So after watching the presentation or reading about the official news of the new expansion how do you feel?
    Poll too narrow.

I'm interested. Not hyped, nor indifferent.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pretty hyped. Never expected a full talent tree revamp like this. Plus a new class to play. Along with the standard new expansion features. Solid 9/10 on my hype meter.

Disappointed, Legion V4 with no big new Feature to shake the game from the ground up.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Are the dragons only dragons during combat or can they be permanently like that?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm caught in the middle, there was some definite steps forward in there (talents, professions), but some definite steps back as well (Dracthyr/Evoker being the most egregious).

It's kinda the same spot I felt like I was in after the Shadowlands reveal, which I guess makes me decidedly on the depressed end of the scale knowing how that turned out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I mean i want to like it... but no revamped timewalking, no story only zone like suramar, no guild housing, terrible class and race... aside the revamps, i am surprised how small the expansion feels like.

Or maybe im just tired, old, and need to go.
    Last edited by Musta; 2022-04-19 at 07:55 PM.

Love it,excited to try everthing out! just like any expac!