Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Well its not about internal influence from Microsoft ,but when selling a game company I would imagine they displayed their future projected revenue and game titles. So its interesting seeing Blizzard invest heavily into mobile gaming and its not surprising as most of the gaming industry will be following along.

The fact blizzard decided to use the branding name 'Warcraft' in a mobile game has me uneasy. Why not go the heathstone route with its own name? Maybe I am just paranoid, but I do not like it one bit.
    Well. Blizzard has already showed their projects of priority; Hearthstone, WoW, OW2, D4, DI, and now.. WAR... Actually, I almost know this is why Warcraft is added to the name, so they could spell out "WAR"!.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yup do remember that. Also remember just how much people played Heathstone and never cared to get into WoW. Who knows maybe the Warcraft universe will just be a bunch of spin off titles.

Maybe they will remove Warcraft in the future and have it named Arclight Rumble which imo can happen.
    It might happen -- I dont think it will over take the lineage but it probably will be profitable.

They are making it out that this is The game played in azeroth that it is more popular then hearthsone. Looks like you put figurines, on a pinball like table.

I can already see them selling figurine "Parts" to custome your figures

Well its not about internal influence from Microsoft ,but when selling a game company I would imagine they displayed their future projected revenue and game titles. So its interesting seeing Blizzard invest heavily into mobile gaming and its not surprising as most of the gaming industry will be following along.

The fact blizzard decided to use the branding name 'Warcraft' in a mobile game has me uneasy. Why not go the heathstone route with its own name? Maybe I am just paranoid, but I do not like it one bit.
    Hearthstone originally had Warcraft in the name, they changed it years later.

This game will end up making more money than WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Hearthstone originally had Warcraft in the name, they changed it years later.
    Mentioned that we can see Warcraft be removed from rumble to archlight rumble however the difference is name placement. It was Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft vs Warcraft Archlight rumble. Warcraft holds more weight in Rumble naming than Hearthstone old titling. No one called Hearthstone by its full name ,but everyone might call Rumble Warcraft. At least normal mobile players who don't know about the Warcraft RTS

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No. The Diablo Immortal protect was literally pissing on thousands of fans sitting at the edge of their seat waiting for Diablo 4 news.

I'm talking about a Warcraft RPG, a side running story within the warcraft universe, and not the main part of the count like DI is meant to be Diablo 3.5. I was hoping for some reason to permit people to explore stories from a different angle without it being connected to the mains of Warcraft RTS or the main dogs of WoW MMORPG.
    The problem with any side story is it'll always have to be connected back into the mainline story, so I feel like no matter what it's gonna be a lackluster adventure with no real stakes to be made. Like, you can't have a story that involves literal factions rising and falling, like we had with the RTS. Most of what made WC3 awesome was the massive shifts in balance of power, and how we witness characters reacting to their new situations. It wasn't just following one character's story going through the motions of beating a universal big bad like we've all come to expect of WoW story today.

3+ Year Old Account
    I assume they made that name that way so that the acronym could be WAR
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The name is idiotic. Could they not come up with words that made more sense lol.

Art looks like it is from a slot machine in Vegas.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The problem with any side story is it'll always have to be connected back into the mainline story, so I feel like no matter what it's gonna be a lackluster adventure with no real stakes to be made. Like, you can't have a story that involves literal factions rising and falling, like we had with the RTS. Most of what made WC3 awesome was the massive shifts in balance of power, and how we witness characters reacting to their new situations. It wasn't just following one character's story going through the motions of beating a universal big bad like we've all come to expect of WoW story today.
    Wouldn't have had to have a story about factions rising and falling. We can clearly see through the newest books that adventures can be made without making many impressions on the current game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People that say it’s similar to CoC… have somehow played CoC? Because from the brief gameplay trailer I saw it has nothing to spare with CoC, maybe a little more with Clash Royale.

Oh and no M+ apparently that’s a huge plus XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Looks like a fun little phone game skewed to a younger audience. Not really my cup of tea, but interesting enough that I might try it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    People that say it’s similar to CoC… have somehow played CoC? Because from the brief gameplay trailer I saw it has nothing to spare with CoC, maybe a little more with Clash Royale.

Oh and no M+ apparently that’s a huge plus XD
    But it still has a timer!!!!!1!!1! We need to petition Blizz to remove the timer!!! ...sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll just add this to the list of 'safe' plays Blizz has been trying to make as of late. I say safe because there's nothing that appears to be innovative or taking the next natural step with this game. When it comes to its ties with Warcraft, you could probably just remove any reference to Warcraft in the name and nothing would change about it. I can understand trying to bring in a new crowd into your IP's, but it would also be nice if you try to make your game with aspects that will entice your existing customers to want to play your new games.

If there is an overarching issue with the direction I'm seeing ActiBlizz go, it's that they're more concerned about getting new paying customers than keeping/solidifying their current customer base. Maybe they just assume the existing customers will stick around regardless? I suppose that's true to some degree, but their recent track record is probably eroding said base away.

Oh! And I still stand by the longer they go without giving the details of the monetization, the more worried we should be about it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hate lol.

Do hope for some cross promotional stuff like the 2 mounts. Im expecting battlepets since the figures are little mechs.

Hope they figure out how to monitize thie correctly. I dont buy anything in hearthstone but ive played hours of Battlegrounds and the tavern brawls. Earned cards and unlocked stuff with the ingame currency.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

"god the WoW community is always negative"
    I love how Dragonflight looks, I am looking forward to Diablo Immortal, I will play tf out of OV2 co-op

This.Looks.Like.Trash.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

So it's Clash of Clans with a WoW skin

lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No. The Diablo Immortal protect was literally pissing on thousands of fans sitting at the edge of their seat waiting for Diablo 4 news.
    Then these people were absolutely idiotic. Blizzard even before Blizzcon tickets went on sale that year and all the way through the year were saying that Diablo 4 was not going to be talked about or shown at that Blizzcon. They said it repeatedly.

Going to Blizzcon expecting Diablo 4 is like going to a store that announced months in advance that there was not going to be ice cream and getting pissed that there was no icecream. It doesn't matter that Kotaku or polygon or whatever gaming piece of media that has a looser relationship with the truth than Breitbart says. Going to a place run by a company that for months was saying what they were expecting was not going to be there is the absolute height of stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    This is just clash of clans with gacha, isn’t it? Soulless cashgrab. What a waste of development.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would've preferred a more traditional Tower Defense, personally, but to each their own. I might try it out briefly, especially if it's on PC, but I don't think it's likely I'll get into it.