Poll: Forgiveness or revenge?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question to the players of the Alliance, would you forgive or take revenge?

If the Alliance had the same division as the Horde (support Sylvanas or Saurfang), but related to whether to forgive the Horde or take revenge, which would you choose? I don't know what percentage of Horde players chose one side or the other, but I always thought that there were always far fewer loyalists (after all, the choice itself was added only after Sylvanas fans cried), but for some reason I'm sure that most players The Alliance would choose revenge on the entire Horde, even if Sylvanas left

Revenge, i'm sick of being part of the pussy Alliance

Depends on race. Night Elf? On Night Elf land? Kill on sight, period. The others can be pragmatic/forgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revenge. We never had proper revenge, just damage containment after the horde did something bad. Our leaders are morons and they will never allow it, though

Alliance need to WMD the Horde and the Horde's story can shift back to survival through banding together. Wish the Alliance would be more aggressive with the Horde resisting. It's always the other way around. Now that Anduins not the Alliance leader anymore let's hope for a more vengeful Alliance.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing good would come out of revenge, the goal is to have peace.

Horde vs alliance fights, which has been the theme for the most part, never brought anything good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Moved this thread to the RP subforum as it's not really about lore, but more player reactions to it, more in lieu of roleplaying in light of lore than discussing actual lore.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    If the Alliance had the same division as the Horde (support Sylvanas or Saurfang), but related to whether to forgive the Horde or take revenge, which would you choose? I don't know what percentage of Horde players chose one side or the other, but I always thought that there were always far fewer loyalists (after all, the choice itself was added only after Sylvanas fans cried), but for some reason I'm sure that most players The Alliance would choose revenge on the entire Horde, even if Sylvanas left
    Entire Horde? Nah. Just the loyalists should feel the wrath (and that counts for Gallywix and Garrosh loyalists as well). The rest, I'm okay with.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would go full Warhammer 40000 Inquisition on Horde ass

That could make a few great stories...

But blizzard narrative team is all about peace and family and happyness and non toxic masculinity... whatever the F that is

No forgiveness, ever. Not until every single soldier who followed Sylvanas' orders pays in the same way that the children of Teldrassil paid.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Battle for lordaeron should have happened before teldrassil. The alliance had every reason to advance on lordaeron, horde had no justification for teldrassil.
    Alliance stepping up would have been awesome, horde getting revenge would have been justified.

Everything else could have been the same, hordes lore made zero sense going into BFA.

As for revenge, I don't play alliance but I'd pick revenge, and the fact they are not allowed to is the reason I won't play alliance.

If blizz gave a shit about lore they would have done it in that order.

5+ Year Old Account
    Forgive, because there has been shown on many occasions that when we start to fight with each other the greater enemy of Azeroth takes an advantage of it. So we should unify and gather our forces to fight the main threat instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Revenge the most worthless of causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    No forgiveness, ever. Not until every single soldier who followed Sylvanas' orders pays in the same way that the children of Teldrassil paid.
    I think these kinds of polls should have at least a third choice, two choices are too absolutist and simple, and forcing people to choose between two very flawed choices.

Both forgiveness and revenge are foolish paths for the night elves and the Alliance at present. It is naive to forget everything that they have lost, all those countless lives and settlements destroyed, but it is equally misguided to pursue vengeance when the world now finally has a chance to heal, and the Horde is perhaps still stronger and more united than the Alliance in any case (the night elves have lost a huge part of their civilian and military forces).

I think they should at least try to uneasily tolerate each other (for the moment). Not because it is the best choice (it really isn't), but because there are VERY few other realistic choices that would not risk self-destruction.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

7+ Year Old Account
    i would forgive sylvanas cause well her and alleria are both my favorite elf waifus...that and theya re alot better looking than tyrande.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Step 1: Reform the purge squad
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both, but Revenge. They can find peace in the Shadowlands.

So tired of Horde having plot armor and its loyal players defending that level of incapacity. There's no "honor" in beating a neutered faction.

Revenge.
    This is Warcraft we're playing, not lovecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Revenge.
    This is Warcraft we're playing, not lovecraft.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Old_God

It was a pun.
    I meant it's not Barnie and carebear style of game.