Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You won't be happy until you get a free set of Mythic gear by logging into WoW. This is an improvement over the current system for anybody who actively raids and provides a deterministic option that hasn't (ever) existed.
    erm i do have my free set of mythic gear each tier though .

i literaly ended last tier with 8 alts with average itlv of 252 from chilling in +15 speed clears.

now do me a favour and compare for me difficulty of Mists 15 with 270+ teams to for example mythic painsmith progress ( I im not mean to list endbosses here ) i chalenge you

all this while killing exackly 0 even lfr raid bosses. not speaking about normal and hc and for sure not mythic

raiding is beyond salvation at this point - and blizzard is digging its grave .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's not "more complicated" for no reason. It's designed the way it is so that people don't do degenerate shit like, I don't know, farm 1,000 M0s for badges then turn around and buy Mythic-quality gear from the vendor. You have to actually play the game and raid to take advantage of its benefits. That's how these systems should work.
    yes its designed in anti mmorpg way

just like wow has degenerated into purely raid or die game in last years.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2022-05-06 at 09:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    But it doesn't really. First of all, you are literally farming same items every season, "I got this item 12 months ago, now I need the same item again" and more importantly guess what are the chances to get my Blood Scale trinket from vault? at any given week in the vault? We have 10 dungeons, 4 bosses on average, and lets say each boss can drop me 4 items on average, so my loot pool is 160 items and you get 3 slots. In raid you have much smaller loot pool and you can also get items traded to you AND you get the vault so your chances to get your item at max ilvl is much bigger.
    that is already being fixed in DF, not something they need to worry about right now.
    in DF you will have 8 dungeons only, and each season will have entirely different 8 dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    But it doesn't really. First of all, you are literally farming same items every season, "I got this item 12 months ago, now I need the same item again" and more importantly guess what are the chances to get my Blood Scale trinket from vault? at any given week in the vault? We have 10 dungeons, 4 bosses on average, and lets say each boss can drop me 4 items on average, so my loot pool is 160 items and you get 3 slots. In raid you have much smaller loot pool and you can also get items traded to you AND you get the vault so your chances to get your item at max ilvl is much bigger.
    The "same loot all expansion" is being solved in Dragonflight via a rotating M+ dungeon roster. I also remember one interview suggesting they might change the loot tables, at least for trinkets, each season; specifically to avoid farming Changeling every season.

Love the concept, basically a bad luck protection if after the first few weeks you don't get a key item can use the coin to get it, and later upgrade it. Much better than afk shopping simulator/who gives a shit about bosses/loot I'll get it later valor points system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I mean for an experiment it's fine but this isn't something I would like to see moving forward.

Rather then balancing out the loot table they are just going to have every player buy then upgrade their weapon and trinket slots barring edge cases that have a special proc item like slyvannas's quiver, dagger, or 2 handed weapon.

Who at Blizzard has a fetish for pointlessly overcomplicated systems within systems, and can we get them removed already?

I mean seriously, look at this shit. If you need five paragraphs to explain a system then you should probably go back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    erm i do have my free set of mythic gear each tier though .

i literaly ended last tier with 8 alts with average itlv of 252 from chilling in +15 speed clears.

now do me a favour and compare for me difficulty of Mists 15 with 270+ teams to for example mythic painsmith progress ( I im not mean to list endbosses here ) i chalenge you

all this while killing exackly 0 even lfr raid bosses. not speaking about normal and hc and for sure not mythic

So you don't even engage with raiding and you're mad that a system designed to help raiders...helps raiders? Why do you even give a shit? Do you just want raid gear without ever having to raid?

yes its designed in anti mmorpg way

It's designed to give BLP for people who raid and honestly, it's probably too good.

Comments like this make me eyeroll so fucking hard. Raiding is great and has been great for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Right much better than it was raid and not much else in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK etc. Mythic+ being a thing has made dungeons last a fuckton longer.

this system offers exackly 0 gear progression for casual players.

it offers 0 gear progression outside of pick your 3 most bis pieces and use this system to craft it.

liek you said - it happens in background yoou cannot actively do anything to grind it.

you an just passively gain it as longas your guild is capable of killing many bosses in timely manner

if your guild is not so good = tough luck it will provide you 0 help with progress.

this shows perfeckly how casual unfriendly design of Dragonflight will be.

its terryfiing how out of touch with players they are

another system benefit 1 % and alienating 99 % .
    If you're not even going to raid then tell me again why you need the raid items? You don't. Your WQ drops to do WQ is enough for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Who at Blizzard has a fetish for pointlessly overcomplicated systems within systems, and can we get them removed already?

I mean seriously, look at this shit. If you need five paragraphs to explain a system then you should probably go back to the drawing board.
    /insert exackly meme from the office.

those devs are lost and beyond saving

just fire them all and hire new people .

Upgrade system seems nice. Though they should extend that to non-fated raids as well. It's literally Valor points.

The broker thing seems a bit convoluted to buy just three pieces from NORMAL difficulty. Should be more pieces and should make it so you but great from a tier higher.

I think these backup mechanics shouldn't be just to cover bad luck in your difficulty range but act like a bridge to higher difficulties as well.

I think that will increase participation for higher difficulties as well. People will be more eager to try if they think " maybe we are strong enough to make it easier" instead of just finding it hard and then be locked out of gear.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you're not even going to raid then tell me again why you need the raid items? You don't. Your WQ drops to do WQ is enough for you.
    i dont. i woudl prefer if they removed raids from game and instead give us 8 more new dungeons each tier.

but unlike some people here im not mean enough to cheer on them killing whatever remaining raidign guild are out there.

like who this system benefit besies like 100-200 top guilds in world .

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    I will be playing both but if you’re going to act like they aren’t attempting to reinvent the badge system with this while also making it 9x more complicated and 9x more restrictive then you’re just kidding yourself.

Unless you didn’t read how the system works at all that is.
    Did you? It sounds pretty much like WotLK and MoP systems. Except better. Way better. Weapons and trinkets of your choice? Upgrading items to a better ilvl? If you don't raid then it's not for you. I don't raid so I prob won't get to use this system but at least the rewards will be good
    why so mad bro

i dont. i woudl prefer if they removed raids from game and instead give us 8 more new dungeons each tier.

but unlike some people here im not mean enough to cheer on them killing whatever remaining raidign guild are out there.

Most raiders though in a badly designed way...

It let's you grab the weird broken items like I mentioned earlier instantly then upgrade them. I know we farmed sylvannas mounts for a few months far past getting every raider one yet we only saw one vien ripper total even though we killed painsmith alongside the runs.

this system offers exackly 0 gear progression for casual players.

it offers 0 gear progression outside of pick your 3 most bis pieces and use this system to craft it.

liek you said - it happens in background yoou cannot actively do anything to grind it.

you an just passively gain it as longas your guild is capable of killing many bosses in timely manner

if your guild is not so good = tough luck it will provide you 0 help with progress.

this shows perfeckly how casual unfriendly design of Dragonflight will be.

its terryfiing how out of touch with players they are

another system benefit 1 % and alienating 99 % .
    How is it not benefitting casuals ? You raid normal/heroic/mythic, whatever fit your skill, you get the loot you get from bosses you can kill, you get whatever you get in the weekly chest and if there is one or two items evading you. you get that item eventualy from one of the three extra coins.

You can even buy a item from a boss you can't kill after some time. This is better than casuals have ever had
    It offers no gear progression? Yeah, because gear progression is from raiding itself, this is purely bad luck protection, and a good system at that.

The system you want, is just a money shop to buy everything with zero effort

Yeah. Just 5000 people. *Passes out from eye rolling so fucking hard*.

Just stick to your WQ little buddy.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account

A big wall of text just makes it look at if they're doing a lot of work.
    As you said: if you need 5 paragraphs to explain something it failed already. If you can't explain a system in 3 to 5 lines of text, there is no way the system itself is beneficial for the player.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    M+ already has their system that has worked for 3 seasons already? For M+ it's probably the same moving forward.
    well raids already had a loot system that has worked for almost 20 years and yet here we are my point is, they declared their intent to experiment with improvements to bad luck protection and incremental, targeted progress toward acquiring specific items. they outlined how it will work in raids, i am just wondering whether there will be a related system for m+ (and the same could be asked about pvp)

The underlying system itself is simple. Kill bosses, get upgrade items. That's it. Most of the post is explaining the philosophy of it and the minutiae of how it works.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

god they never will give up

another idiotic over convoluted system because Ion will never admit he was wrong about VP vendor removal

instead just give us normal gear vendors they are going miles and above creating another abomination that noobdy wants.

gg blizz - you are digging that hole deeper and deeper - in season that will be ignored anyway as its rehash of old content.

im just speechless how incompetent devs in blizzard are.

- - - Updated - - -

we know what system players want

we known it for past decade

players want VP vendors with multiple gear pieces and currency farmable outside of raids too. and ability to upgrade raid gear the same way mythic + players upgrade gear

but untill Ion is fired player wont get what players want.
    Pretty much this.

You can almost feel the grudge against players for having the audacity to demand deterministic gearing.