570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    you just did exactly what the guy you called out did ROFL.
    my god you people really think any sort of criticism, valid or not is tantamount to tyranny. it's really funny how ya'll bag on safe spaces but mange to bring yours with you everywhere you go.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    my god you people really think any sort of criticism, valid or not is tantamount to tyranny. it's really funny how ya'll bag on safe spaces but mange to bring yours with you everywhere you go.
    "You People" i am of no people or group. i read all these politically biased comments from both sides run rampant on here and see clearly who has who brainwashed. i simply called this individual out for calling another out for the exact same thing. please quote me anywhere else and prove me wrong.

We are given one option, so I'm gonna press that and go heal som m+.

Like I stated in another forum thread this might be legal in the US but I am not so sure it is in the EU let alone Asia.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    "You People" i am of no people or group. i read all your politically biased comments from both sides run rampant on here and see clearly who has who brainwashed. i simply called this individual out for calling another out for the exact same thing. please quote me anywhere else and prove me wrong.
    you are not original or unique. "bOth sIDes!" being the clearest give away there...

I mean really, the guy calls the social contract a "woke religion" and then when presented with ANY sort of pushback what so ever they're go to move is to nail themselves to a cross and pretend I put them up there.

all because to certain groups of people free speech is this:

" I can say and do whatever I want without criticism, much less consequence, and if not then it's full blown tyranny."

that is the narrative that pops up all over these topics, all the fucking time.

they unironically argue that "being against bigotry in fact makes you the bigot". not when it comes to tangible outcomes in the real world, but on text book definitions. literally a pedant.
    I actually argue it for tangible outcomes as well. The whole point of the tolerance paradox is to explain to people that complete acceptance and inclusion is not possible. Fuck, go ask any parent ever if they ever have to play the villain to help their kids learn. It's not my fault if people on your side of things can't bite the bullet and accept that they are being bigoted, then be able to properly argue your own side of things.

Instead you have vague and fantastical notions of the utopia and act as if you are enacting holy dogma of ultimate universal morality. When it comes to implementation though, you're just Stalin in different clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Again, when you don't put limits on bad behaviour, the bad pushes out the good, the a**holes displace the good and the average, and you end up with a cesspit of awfulness.
    What you call the bad is almost explicitly the reason why I got good at the game, made the friends that I did, and enjoy my play time. People really need to stop taking all this as strictly and seriously as they do. It's been tradition for millennia for guys to give each other a little shit so they can weed out the weak people who break under the slightest pressure. This new kind of policy that makes it so you can't call someone a shitter means a new recruit to my guild could get almost all of us banned because we constantly make fun of each other and say horrible shit. The same thing happened when I worked in animal husbandry, and in butchery, and as an arborist, and in kitchens, construction, etc, etc, etc... You guys want to tear down an entire culture even when you have plenty of tools to avoid it. This isn't just being mean to pugs you'll never seen, this is actually a threat that my guild with over a decade of history could end up dead because we tease each other in group.

You know our secret? All someone has to do is say stop and people stop giving them shit, and then if they continue I deal with it personally. That's come up once in 10 years. With how people act now, these snowflakes don't say "stop" or ask for clarification or anything. They don't utilize the ignore list, they just hit report and pat themselves on the back about how good a person they are for potentially getting someone banned and affecting all the other people they play with for something that may have been heat of the moment, playful ribbing, or just a misunderstanding.

Edit: I know this doesn't matter at all to your side of the argument. You would probably giggle while warming your hands over the burning remains if historic guilds because "those mean old bigots don't deserve to play". Give me a fucking break.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-05-16 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I actually argue it for tangible outcomes as well.
    if that were the case you wouldn't make that myopic argument in the first place.

I'm not trying to make a utopia, no idea what nonsense you're on about there. again this is you pretending like being a pedant is indicative of anything besides you being a pedant.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-16 at 12:22 AM.

you are not original or unique. "bOth sIDes!" being the clearest give away there...

I mean really, the guy calls the social contract a "woke religion" and then when presented with ANY sort of pushback what so ever they're go to move is to nail themselves to a cross and pretend I put them up there.

all because to certain groups of people free speech is this:

" I can say and do whatever I want without criticism, much less consequence, and if not then it's full blown tyranny."

that is the narrative that pops up all over these topics, all the fucking time.
    the guy who called him out did the exact same thing he was calling the other out for. NEITHER way is the correct way of engagement. the topic at hand is irrelevant. this pertains to any topic. bitching back and forth trying to prove a point doing the exact same shit as the other does accomplishes what?

are people not aware that when you attempt to tell someone who doesn't think like you how to think.....whether you speak the truth or not, it tends to re-enforce that negative thought process. this is in nearly every shrink book on the planet. the engagement here and in all forums on the internet kinda prove this "theory" by mind doctors. the vast majority of political talk further drives the nail in the thought process of any political supporter.
    Last edited by craigw; 2022-05-16 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will show us who insists on being butthurt when called to not act like a dick.

Edit: I know this doesn't matter at all to your side of the argument. You would probably giggle while warming your hands over the burning remains if historic guilds because "those mean old bigots don't deserve to play". Give me a fucking break.
    if they deserved to get banned, yes? like good, bye. won't miss you! lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Like I stated in another forum thread this might be legal in the US but I am not so sure it is in the EU let alone Asia.
    It has nothing to do with "legal" or not. You agree to the ToS when you play the game, and this is just what's in the ToS, in an easier to digest form. Blizz can ban you for any reason they feel like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

if that were the case you wouldn't make that myopic argument in the first place.

I'm not trying to make a utopia, no idea what nonsense you're on about there. again this is you pretending like being a pedant is indicative of anything besides you being a pedant.
    "right side of history" and all that. I know exactly what you are putting forth unless you happen to be functionally illiterate, which I don't believe. You've explained it plenty clearly in your posts, and you just can't handle the fact that someone else is allowed to have different views than you. You've all but said that you effectively want to do a holy war on people who don't share your politics, but you obviously aren't a bigot, because bigots are bad people we need to erase and you aren't a bad person. Either I get it completely or you are absolutely piss poor at communicating any of your ill-thought out ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    There is a woke right. It's called "red-pilled" (from the movie Matrix, where Neo awakens from the Matrix after taking the red pill), which basically is the same thing.
    On the left side you have the things like society supression of free will, the rule of the patriarchy, etc.
    On the right side you have things like chemtrails/vaccines/5G suppressing free will, secret world government, etc.
    Ahh yes.

On the Left you have legitimate issues of concern, such as Oppression of Women and the continuing global rise of Fascist Governments.
    On the Right you have a collection of insane conspiracy theories.

TOTALLY the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Ahh yes.

On the Left you have legitimate issues of concern, such as Oppression of Women and the continuing global rise of Fascist Governments.
    On the Right you have a collection of insane conspiracy theories.

TOTALLY the same.
    Ah yes, listen to a random progressive forum poster about what they consider "red-pilled" while pretending that all the left wing nutjob theories are completely true and valid. Par for the course for the mmochamp trash heap they call forums, AND a good way to come out as being woke without actually saying it.

I honestly don't know why people are upset about the social contract?? Don't be an asshole in game. Be a good player
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I hit accept on the Terms of Service/End User License Agreement roughly 50 times over the course of the game's lifetime, and the contract is essentially just restating a small part of that a second time.

So it's kind of like accepting the ToS/EULA a 50.1st time. No biggie for someone who doesn't yell obscenities at other players.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

84ish% of players here voted accept.

I guess MMOC isn't a cesspool of terrible players it's reputation suggests afterall.

That said, 15% who voted quit is also 15% too many.

Ah yes, listen to a random progressive forum poster about what they consider "red-pilled" while pretending that all the left wing nutjob theories are completely true and valid. Par for the course for the mmochamp trash heap they call forums, AND a good way to come out as being woke without actually saying it.
    Dude.

Jewish space lasers.

The gazpacho police.

Hurricane guns.

Injecting and/or drinking bleach.

Swallowing horse deworming pills.

These are actual things conservatives have been screeching about. Show me anything by the left - anything - that's anywhere near as far out there as this stuff.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

you just can't handle the fact that someone else is allowed to have different views than you.
    this is you, projecting your inadequacies onto me. I'm capable of handling different opinions all the time, my desire to push my opinions and counter arguments that back those opinions is proof enough of that.

you, on the other hand, cannot. to you free speech is you get to say whatever and do whatever you want to me, and if I dare to protest or not engage with you it means I'm taking your ability to harass me away from you.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-16 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    84ish% of players here voted accept.

I guess MMOC isn't a cesspool of terrible players it's reputation suggests afterall.

That said, 15% who voted quit is also 15% too many.
    It's the reality of MMOC and well wow players in general
    if you sit and look at the forums and a lot of the angry screams you'll see and realize its usually the same couple of people bitching OVER and OVER again and it makes this place and wow look a LOT worse than it actually is.