Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's exactly what that means: If they're encrypted with the same key that means they will all become unencrypted when Blizzard's servers submit that key to live servers. If there were unlocked at different points there would be different keys.

Do you have a better explanation for 200+ encrypted files? Still, a set of armor is about 30 files. Each racial customization option is a file, etc.

Quest chains aren't that many different files, but racial assets are.
    That's not what that means at all?

It could be voice lines or whatever for the new questchain that become encrypted as soon as the patch hits because at that point, there is no point keeping it encrypted anymore because the patch is not timegated? It could LITERALLY be anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuesday is always a good day for Blizzard news... Well

I'm worried about a very bloated pre-order. Like, instead of putting those resources toward an allied race or something, we're just gonna get a gazillion overly flashy items for pre-order bonuses.

If they're encrypted with the same key that means they will all become unencrypted when Blizzard's servers submit that key to live servers. If there were unlocked at different points there would be different keys.
    This is correct

Do you have a better explanation for 200+ encrypted files? Still, a set of armor is about 30 files. Each racial customization option is a file, etc.

Quest chains aren't that many different files, but racial assets are.
    This is pulled out of thin air

50/50 you're getting there, keep goin'

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I'm worried about a very bloated pre-order. Like, instead of putting those resources toward an allied race or something, we're just gonna get a gazillion overly flashy items for pre-order bonuses.
    It's not really that much work if it's just the SL rewards multiplied by 5 tints.
    A large amount in total for sure, but hardly something equivalent to a new race or somesuch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Don't forget the mount, which could easily add on another 10-20 on its own, or the backpack which comes in five variants and likely counts for 3-5 each
    What if the mount is not a normal mount but extra customization for the dragon-riding dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    What if the mount is not a normal mount but extra customization for the dragon-riding dragons?
    They wouldn't include those assets encrypted in a patch launching at least 9 months before the expansion. There is no use for them before the actual dragon mount is included.

Kinda odd they said they'd release a Dracthyr customization blog soon but it's looking to be a few weeks + after pre-orders are out.

Maybe my former hopium about a "visage form-only" allied race can come true, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It's certainly possible, though it would break with tradition in both the mount being useable before the expansion launches, and would also put extra pressure on Blizzard into making the Dragonriding mounts into regular mounts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Kinda odd they said they'd release a Dracthyr customization blog soon but it's looking to be a few weeks + after pre-orders are out.

Maybe my former hopium about a "visage form-only" allied race can come true, even if it makes absolutely no sense.
    But Visage can only be Drac'thyr tho.. Not gonna happen man

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

I’m willing to bet that it was intended to be earlier, but because of the feedback they went in to make the ‘bulkier option’ more in line to what people want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m willing to bet that it was intended to be earlier, but because of the feedback they went in to make the ‘bulkier option’ more in line to what people want.
    I don't think you're getting a bulkier option. I think something more like this is likely;

We'll see.

Fuck I hate if they ruin Dracthyr by making it bulky steroid monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate, Dracthyr will be pandarens with wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with having options to make them not look like someone's furry OC from deviantart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with having options to make them not look like someone's furry OC from deviantart.
    Every single proposed change I've ever seen still resembles a furry's OC from deviantart because furries are into all types of things. You guys just want a bara.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm with you as I like the Dracthyr as they are, my hope for the delay is maybe they've listened to the visage form feedback and started on working to open it to all races.

5+ Year Old Account
    where date

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    where date
    It hit the last phase of testing in between PTR and Live just now, so it's probably no more than week or two away (usually there's only a week in between these and it hitting live (without checking)).

Every single proposed change I've ever seen still resembles a furry's OC from deviantart because furries are into all types of things. You guys just want a bara.
    Imagine saying this with a straight face lmao
    Theres a difference between something that will attract furries simply because they are (somehow) into this shit, and something that looks like it was straight up CREATED to attract them.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.