Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol! I wonder if both "Body Type 1" and "Body Type 2" were invited up to the Cosby Suite at Blizzcon....

Basically, all this is, is Blizzard suddenly being super inclusive to try to make everybody forget all the women....I mean "Body Type 2's" that were getting harassed by Blizzard employees...

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I am indeed asking that. Because it should be a clear sign companies are NOT doing this for truly caring about people, they are optimizing changes for PROFIT. As they of course should/would. They simply made calculations with help of professionals to gauge that while this change would cause outrage, it will retain enough customers to be profitable. Addiction and people simply sticking to a game they love/loved for 17 years...
    It's more just following trends. It's why games are slowly becoming mobile only as they burn away their audience.

Then in time new indies will rise and the cycle will repeat. Just look at what people are actually playing on the steam charts. Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Im pretty sure your puting on an act here,but if you dont want to chose that makes you non binary,you still have to CHOSE a way for people to adress you however,im pretty sure thats the law
    If you can't fathom a trans person not being part of the loud mouths or being different, I am done with you. Jesus, go outside and touch some grass will you?

"The law"? Yeah sure... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Then why did they not retain the gender terms and add new body types for both? They literally erased the WORDS, nothing in the character creation menu now implies your biological gender/sex. There is NOTHING IRL that can change your biological sex, nothing, we do not have the tech. In game sure, you can pretend magic did it but this topic will never die out and we'll be arguing about this 50 years from now on as well, if this whole era of ignoring science still exists.
    I commonly refer to groups of friends as guys, and none of the girls apart of that group get offended. Way I see it, gender inclusivity is just another opportunity to allow people to be ridiculous with their offenses and requirements from others, so that as an individual you can choose to not be involved in their irrationality that seeps elsewhere.

Ps if you play on an rp realm and all I hear are female combat sounds (with your male body... is that still okay to say?) I'm commenting on whether or not you're rping as someone who drowned as a child.
    Last edited by Athorha; 2022-07-16 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    They’re not trying to erase gender; you choose male or female, then choose body type. Not a hard concept
    It says so in the post that they are replacing male and female with body type 1 and 2 though. Is this newspost inaccurate?

The body type names "Male" and "Female" have been renamed to "Body 1" and "Body 2" in Dragonflight Alpha.

It is pictures even. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I can see Blizzard changing this based off feedback.

They'll probably never go back to Male and Female labels, instead choosing Masc or Fem instead of generic sounding "Body 1" And "Body 2"
    That won't work. Masculinity/Feminine character traits vary by individual and not body type. There are masculine men who are smaller framed and feminine women who are larger framed. What they need to do is just let people choose their gender/sex/body type not this half as shit they are trying to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    If you can't fathom a trans person not being part of the loud mouths or being different, I am done with you. Jesus, go outside and touch some grass will you?

"The law"? Yeah sure... >.<
    yes,im pretty sure having a name is the law lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Who is 'we'? Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist? I'm certainly not making any of those decisions, but I am intelligent enough to look at the reasonings for those changes and the studies behind them and see why those changes had value. You can call it 'appeal to authority' all you want, but we all do that everyday of our lives. There are levels that are acceptable, because one person can't know everything.
    "We" as in society. Long before the APA decided that trans was not a disorder, people rejected that it was a disorder. This isn't to say the opinion of the mob is correct, but when it comes to what we classify as mental illness I think it might be important. Anyone of even simple education knows what the word "disorder" means, and would be able to tell if someone's actions causes disorder in their lives and should be able to make that distinction.

Interesting how you completely ignored me and just appealed to authority anyway because it's all you have to justify your stance. If the tables were turned, would you be just as quick to side with the APA if they still said it was a disorder? If not, then why?

troons ruin everything. so sick of this pronoun nonsense PC bullshit

Infracted for hateful language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 04:55 AM.

Seems like live and let live, only apply to some people.

If they dont believe what you believe, so be it. You do you. You think they're bigots? Who cares. Why do you need external validation? Why do you need to punish people who dont think like you? Why do you need to force people to participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    You hit en nail on it's head!!!

They keep confusing people by alternating between sex and gender. Possibly intentionally.
    So, they might say sex for example but then treat it as gender or vise versa.

My dysphoria don't go away pretending sex doesn't exist. I erase my transness if I deny I am biologically male.
    I am not a woman, and never will be. I am a trans woman. That's ok!!!

My pronouns are I/me/myself. Why would that be relevant to someone else? Ofc I prefer being called she but I don't break apart if people don't follow that.

Fixating on hang ups will not remove them. It will only make me feel worse.
    You, I like you. Be who ever the fuck you want to be, just don't be crazy and don't change language 99.9% of English speakers understand just to prove a point. It's really all it comes down to. This whole "movement" would be far more successful for people just wanting to be themselves and live their best life if they were like you...

The irony is much of this social construct and progressive idealism is created by people who aren't even actually transgender themselves. Virtue signaling at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    If you can't tell the difference between why people don't mind FromSoftware's approach but hate Blizzard's, then I question your ability to critically think.

Tl;dr, this is cringe, don't want to be lectured by a company that can't even abide by its own social contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    Lol! I wonder if both "Body Type 1" and "Body Type 2" were invited up to the Cosby Suite at Blizzcon....

Basically, all this is, is Blizzard suddenly being super inclusive to try to make everybody forget all the women....I mean "Body Type 2's" that were getting harassed by Blizzard employees...
    They seem to know what women are when they wanted to grab someone's ass at work, act creepy in the maternity ward, and invite to the Cosby Suite. But lets pretend that we dont know the difference between body 1 and body 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    troons ruin everything. so sick of this pronoun nonsense PC bullshit
    Im sure you would be perfectly fine with people calling you Susan instead of your name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Seems like live and let live, only apply to some people.

If they dont believe what you believe, so be it. You do you. You think they're bigots? Who cares. Why do you need external validation? Why do you need to punish people who dont think like you? Why do you need to force people to participate?
    Wait, who is punishing you and what do you mean by that? Is someone actively persecuting you because you do not think like they do?

7+ Year Old Account
    People on both sides are way to hung up on labels.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between why people don't mind FromSoftware's approach but hate Blizzard's, then I question your ability to critically think.

Tl;dr, this is cringe, don't want to be lectured by a company that can't even abide by its own social contract.
    That's putting it lightly.... Funny how people at Blizz knew what the word "female" meant when their harassment and threats towards women lead to lawsuits from the state of Cali and the US federal gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    "We" as in society. Long before the APA decided that trans was not a disorder, people rejected that it was a disorder. This isn't to say the opinion of the mob is correct, but when it comes to what we classify as mental illness I think it might be important. Anyone of even simple education knows what the word "disorder" means, and would be able to tell if someone's actions causes disorder in their lives and should be able to make that distinction.
    You have yet to give any science-based justification. Just your personal opinion and what 'society' thought, as though society didn't also think interracial marriage was an abomination. Again, the distinction can be and *is* made, you're just upset it doesn't match with your personal feelings.

Interesting how you completely ignored me and just appealed to authority anyway because it's all you have to justify your stance.
    "Pfft, all you have to back up your position is the medical consensus formed through rigorous study and decades of research." Do you even hear yourself? Besides, an appeal to authority assumes there is no backing to the argument *other* than it was said by an authority. That's obviously not the case.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

There's a link to explain it for you, bud. An opinion isn't wrong just because an authority said it, and trusting a medical consensus is by no

If the tables were turned, would you be just as quick to side with the APA if they still said it was a disorder? If not, then why?
    Well, that's not what's happening, is it? Unfortunate for you, I know. Is all you have to argue with 'what-ifs'?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    People on both sides are way to hung up on labels.
    While you're probably not wrong, a lot of laws and government assistance, benefits and sports are tied to labels, so they kind of matter.

Ah, yes, inserting Marxist gender ideology into something that should be apolitical... And it also makes it so women, the people that Blizzard is supposedly "protecting", not exist anymore because they are now just a "body type" and "men can now magically be women if they have the correct mental illness or brainwashing". Lovely.

Infracted for hateful language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 04:58 AM.