Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Anyone who is actually triggered by this change, consider this: kill yourself
    I'm going to stick around just to make you miserable. I don't like giving the left what they want.

Anyone who is actually triggered by this change, consider this: kill yourself
    probably the worst take and view so far in this thread.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Gombadoh View Post
    You come across agressivelly assertive pal, have a glass of water - calm down.

I'm a-okay with people doing what they want and calling themselves what they want. It's just that since the dawn of speech we've used male/female, changing it to 'body type 1 - 2' might need a little more argumentation than "well you can still refer to it as man/woman", lol. Call me oldskool or whatever hatefullness you want - it'll mostly confirm my opinion that this seems excessive.
    Why do you need more explanation? Are you having trouble understanding what's being said? I know comprehension is a dying skill, but please try at least a little. Again, are you worried you won't be able to know which body type to pick? Why does the game *need* to say 'male' or 'female'. Are you incapable of figuring out which one you want? Maybe it will raise some uncomfortable questions for you regarding your own gender identity?

So when someone can (hopefully calmly) explain to me why I can't play a male character anymore then that'd be super
    Easy, you can. Your character is male. Boom, nailed it, hole in one, easy three-pointer. Just because the game doesn't specifically say "Poof! You are male!", that doesn't mean your character isn't or can't be male. Again, nothing stopping you. The game isn't telling you that you aren't male, it's just not specifically saying a body type is male. It's not a big deal. Really.

I don't really care one way or the other, but nice for those who does.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    That's not what you posted in the first place. You said something I personally got 15 points for long ago when I was less healthier person and said something very similar here. But you are not wrong, mods do not treat people equally here, so I should be betting it's just 5 points for you
    I don’t moderate here, but I’m so tempted to press the red button, and this deserves at least 10. Unfortunately they all sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I don’t moderate here, but I’m so tempted to press the red button, and this deserves at least 10. Unfortunately they all sleep now.
    Man I feel honored, even if it is not equal treatment I received by mods long ago! You heard it here folks, mods are sleeping, post catgirls....or something!

Wokeness always starts small.
    When we get Thrall in a few years with big boobs and lipstick fucking Anduin i dont want any complains from those that say it is not affecting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    The chance of that occurring implies strongly it is not a normal state hence the lack of representation. If you can't reply to me without insulting me, I think you might realize one day it is part of the reasons people won't even try to seek common ground with you.
    Less than a 1% chance you’ll be born in Australia or NZ. Guess we gotta stop pandering to them and force them into a corner. It’s not normal to be born male, since more females are alive. Time to get rid of the male options. Grow up.

It's a fantasy game set in a fantasy world. This fits in nicely because the game needs more fantasy
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2022-07-16 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    Less than a 1% chance you’ll be born in Australia or NZ. Guess we gotta stop pandering to them and force them into a corner. That’s you. It’s not normal to be born male, since more females are alive. Time to get rid of the male options. Grow up.
    Place of birth does not make a homo sapiens into...not homo sapiens. Really? Last I checked female and male representation were both pretty even.

Besides, you told me about hermaphrodites and I linked you proof that implies no mammals have hermaphroditic species = hermaphroditism is not the norm in humans. Making me right. Why are you still replying to me if you just outright deny everything I link?

Google "how common is hermaphrodite in humans":

True hermaphroditism represents 5% of all sex disorder differentiations. Estimated frequency of ovotestes is one in 83,000 births (0.0012%).
    Are you really insisting to keep pretending that is somehow a normal state of birth on human race?
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-07-16 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Easy, you can. Your character is male. Boom, nailed it, hole in one, easy three-pointer. Just because the game doesn't specifically say "Poof! You are male!", that doesn't mean your character isn't or can't be male. Again, nothing stopping you. The game isn't telling you that you aren't male, it's just not specifically saying a body type is male. It's not a big deal. Really.
    Easy, you can. Your character is gender neutral. Boom, nailed it, hole in one, easy three-pointer. Just because the game doesn't specifically say "Poof! You are fluid!", that doesn't mean your character isn't or can't be any gender. Again, nothing stopping you. The game isn't telling you that you aren't fluid, it's just not specifically saying a body type is gender neutral. It's not a big deal. Really.

You can be anything you want in the game, just ignore the words and use your imagination. That goes both ways.

is there actually anyone who cares about this change at all that isn't some triggered incel trump supporter?

Mods are shit on this forum, literally don't do anything. But anyway, it's true, if someone is triggered over this, I can't see them surviving in the world.
    And you being triggered by random people on the internet clearly means you're ready to survive this world? if you tell people to go kill themselves when you don't agree with them.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Easy, you can. Your character is gender neutral. Boom, nailed it, hole in one, easy three-pointer. Just because the game doesn't specifically say "Poof! You are fluid!", that doesn't mean your character isn't or can't be any gender. Again, nothing stopping you. The game isn't telling you that you aren't fluid, it's just not specifically saying a body type is gender neutral. It's not a big deal. Really.

You can be anything you want in the game, just ignore the words and use your imagination. That goes both ways.
    Mm, that's true and cool and all, but the devs decided to change it to be more inclusive. So, as such, you're just going to have to live in reality where my example is taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    It's a fantasy game set in a fantasy world. This fits in nicely.
    I mean it doesn't just like in most places its shoved in ham fisted but I don't really expect self awareness just the intense desire to forcefully change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Why do you need more explanation? Are you having trouble understanding what's being said? I know comprehension is a dying skill, but please try at least a little. Again, are you worried you won't be able to know which body type to pick? Why does the game *need* to say 'male' or 'female'. Are you incapable of figuring out which one you want? Maybe it will raise some uncomfortable questions for you regarding your own gender identity?
    Take a deep breath, I'm not your enemy - I'm just trying to understand.

The question isn't that character selection needs to say male or female, the words we use in speech since forever and words we used in game for the past 18 or so years.

The question I have is why change it, not just add some more options for the 0.0something % but .. change it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean it doesn't just like in most places its shoved in ham fisted but I don't really expect self awareness just the intense desire to forcefully change things.
    An element you never have to interact with is 'shoved in ham fisted'. Okay then lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Oh no I'm scared of change
    bruh don't worry, it's called progress

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    And you being triggered by random people on the internet clearly means you're ready to survive this world? if you tell people to go kill themselves when you don't agree with them.......
    Yes, if this little is enough to make them cry, I can't see them being functional people in day to day life.

Take a deep breath, I'm not your enemy - I'm just trying to understand.

The question isn't that character selection needs to say male or female, the words we use in speech since forever and words we used in game for the past 18 or so years.

The question I have is why change it, not just add some more options for the 0.0something % but .. change it for everyone.
    Because it's more inclusive to do it this way, as well as not requiring them to actually work to add anything specifically different. It's weird that, on one hand, people are arguing saying that this is just taking up dev time, and on the other hand people are arguing that they should have added something that would have taken even more dev time, ya know?

But, long story short, doing it this way includes everyone and doesn't have a negative effect. It took almost no dev time, no one is being ostracized or 'othered' this way, it's an easy win for the team.