Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I feel like cata made 2 big mistakes that kinda ´´ ruined the game ´´ for many.

1. Dragonsoul lasted to long with reused assets painting a giant target onto the expansion in many ways

2. It broke the casual players bubble of being not the best but atleast good at the game. With dungeons ( heroic) being really rough, raids demanding more and rbg + arena requiring higher skill caps. A lot of people who were ´´ good ´´ at the game now werent able to get their after work/ school kick of crushing some heroics for catch up gear and later pugging some raids, or getting a decent rating in pvp.

also lore issues could be discussed but i dont think they play a big role

- people not knowing that deathwing was part of wow before the lich king was even imagined and had tons of old lore to him
    - big parts of the old lore being ignored and never displayed ingame
    I agree. Basically what it boils down to, in my words, is cataclysm “failed” NOT because it was actually bad.. But actually because of the average players ignorance and desire to be “right” was stronger than their sense of adventure. Something that can still be observed to this day.

Now, the one exception to that is the fact that Dragon Soul lasted so long. But then again, who knows.. there’s a chance if people were less ready to grab the torches at anything that wasn’t immediately understood, Blizzard would’ve had a chance to flesh something else out for us.

We know there was another raid planned in Vashjir.. If the community was more receptive, this raid could’ve changed the way we talk about cataclysm in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I agree. Basically what it boils down to, in my words, is cataclysm “failed” NOT because it was actually bad.. But actually because of the average players ignorance and desire to be “right” was stronger than their sense of adventure. Something that can still be observed to this day.

Now, the one exception to that is the fact that Dragon Soul lasted so long. But then again, who knows.. there’s a chance if people were less ready to grab the torches at anything that wasn’t immediately understood, Blizzard would’ve had a chance to flesh something else out for us.

We know there was another raid planned in Vashjir.. If the community was more receptive, this raid could’ve changed the way we talk about cataclysm in a big way.
    no, it failed because it was driving extroverted players away in droves as blizz went on an introverted bender by banning global chat and making group play totally anonymous.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

In fact if I had to guess, I’d bet the play for blizzard after wrath classic is to add in some of the cut content over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    In fact if I had to guess, I’d bet the play for blizzard after wrath classic is to add in some of the cut content over the years.
    hard to say. i always said wow as a viable entity was probably safe because the final LAST resort to keep it alive would be to add cross-faction play. before wow kicks the bucket, they would have to add it to merge everyone in the same pool of players. but now that it has happened, the plug can be pulled at any time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

There won't be any new stuff in classic, ever. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    But there already is? At least with the other replies, they give SOME of their insight.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You have no idea.

I'd much rather have classic cata and beyond than anything like that

I think classic cata would be POG

Or just shutdown all servers and end this misery.

Strong delusions.

Nah. Not worth it. They make more than enough to keep the game running with the first three months of any release.

Developing new content for after wotlk... is immpossible. People will bitch no matter what they would create. Best game ever? Don't care #nochanges #notmywow

Peoples mindesets are to focused on shittalking EVERYTHING. Than add something that could be interprated as leftist and you got your 0,3 rating on metacritic.

Its a path i don't think any developer wants to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Its a path i don't think any developer wants to die on.
    Actually in Blizzard's case with Reforged and D:I, they seem perfectly fine with a rip off scheme because they know people will come back to new releases, if they are also cash grabs.

sadly classic died with the release of TBC, the only thing that can save it kinda is that fact its more played than retail.

It will never happen because they're not going to invest in creating two different expansions for two different versions of the same game, but, just to continue playing with this idea, it'd be cool if it did happen and 3-4 expansions down the line, both games get the same expansion as the two "timelines" come together for some lore reason.

But again, never gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Actually in Blizzard's case with Reforged and D:I, they seem perfectly fine with a rip off scheme because they know people will come back to new releases, if they are also cash grabs.
    WHat does either fo those have to do with a new expansion after wotlk instead of cata?

People will come back to new wow expansions. But there they don't have do deal with the diehard purists.
    A new expansion cannot not be taken in the worst way possible.

After WotLK?... sure, why not.
    I will quit shortly after killing LK25HC anyway so this potentially could make me stary longer.
    Almost anything can be better than Cata.
    ... but don't you dare make anything like this during WotLK lifespan.

I mean wishful thinking but it would be a huge waste of resouces to run 2 versions of the game with different content. Would they cut Development for Retail to focus on new content for Wrath Alt time line? Also whats the point in paying for a retail sub then if you want to play thw wrath alt timeline

wasn't there a quest where you go to the bronze flights shrine and see your future self? did they close that loop already? i can't remember.

if not they could utilize that in some way...
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Fairly cheap and requires a minimal team to push out a classic that provides a free quarterly bump, or the need for a massive budget and massive team for the samething?

Yeah, when you think business it's obvious which direction they will go. Sure it runs out one day but that day isn't soon.