Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really like how clean the UI looks in the second image that is me all the wayyyyy.

Also wished we could use this UI in Wrath classic. Hopefully an addon will do it. Addons should always be supported cause community bring so much to the table.

An improvement, yet i think the standard blizzard UI will never beat the UI and addons the community create.
    That is why i would rather see blizzard buy good addons and put them into the UI then try to beat something they will never beat.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Long story short. Someone at Bliz finally played FFXIV and said "Hey we can steal that!".
    How delusional can you be to believe that?

Doesn't look like the chat frame is movable. I've always hated that you can't move it closer to the bottom. Also, haven't seen any options to "fade out" bars via transparency sliders, just show/hide.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-09-02 at 04:26 PM.

Looks hella ugly imo. The whole thing looks like something an intern slapped together on a Friday afternoon.

Hopefully ClassicUI will be updated for DF so I can continue to use that lol.

Honestly don't know why WoW existed with this seperate bag inventory setup for so long. It was a horrible default design that should not have made it to vanilia beta that basically tasked every player with the job of downloading an addon to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Looks hella ugly imo. The whole thing looks like something an intern slapped together on a Friday afternoon.

Hopefully ClassicUI will be updated for DF so I can continue to use that lol.
    How very constructive. Do you just like to whine? I would love to see you go through 20 odd years of old UI code and re-design everything.

It looks great and addons can adapt on this to make it even more customisable.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly don't know why WoW existed with this seperate bag inventory setup for so long. It was a horrible default design that should not have made it to vanilia beta that basically tasked every player with the job of downloading an addon to fix it.
    I prefer the separate bag approach. I use them as a rough guide on ways to load them. I know some addons do it too, but default bag UI works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Long story short. Someone at Bliz finally played FFXIV and said "Hey we can steal that!".
    Is Final Fantasy XIV the only game WoW players know about?

i feel like they need to add support for Debuffs on Target/Multiple Targets. I would like higher visibility or ability to separate them out into bars or make them bigger just to make it easier to track. I dont want to download WA or some addon to be more efficient. Other than that.. looks fine so far -- except unit frames still hate them after seeing so many other addons but I get why they aren't really changing them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Is Final Fantasy XIV the only game WoW players know about?
    Think it’s more so wow is the only other game FFxiv fanatics know about.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Looks good! The point of this isn't to compete with addon makers, and frankly I much prefer default UI to addons, as the feel is way too out there for me of most addon UI's. Pretty happy with how this has turned out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daganar View Post
    How very constructive. Do you just like to whine? I would love to see you go through 20 odd years of old UI code and re-design everything.

just compare the old and new gryphon design. it's fairly clear that the old one looks better. there is some truth in his message. as for the rest it looks more modern, it's a matter of personal taste. this new UI looks like it belongs in a generic cheap MMO. I personally think the old UI has more style, I'll avoid the new UI if it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    so they're now just including add ons now that have been around for ever...i like it but damn took long enough. better late than never or too little to late?

/startattack macro also dead now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah, because FFIV invented it
    lol ikr i remember 1st mmo i played that had a really good ui custom system was Rift
    Last edited by GUZ; 2022-09-02 at 06:00 PM.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Only problem i have is that i cannot (not in addons or wow) modify the normal actionbares to look like my MMO mouse.

it is always in another way... sometimes i wonder why they are called MMO mouse.

you can change the keybind of course. but the vehicels or other abilities will never land on the then because it isn't actually the first button...

What do you mean? I have mine set up

0-=

And to fix it for vehicles you simply need to change how the action bars are anchored. Will take a bit if trial and error to figure out. Find a quest with an infinitely long vehicle ride and tinker with it until it lines up, and then finish up by reassigning the key binds.

Unless you’re saying your problem is specifically the fact you can’t do that with the base UI. I may have misread the context of your post.

On one hand, it's nice to get more optional functionality. That's (usually) never a bad thing. On the other hand, it's kind of ridiculous that they're only just now adding functionality of an addon (Bagnon) I started using over 14 years ago, and also adding a feature (UI layout editing) that I remember doing in SWTOR 11 years ago. (And I'm sure other games had as well, but that was my first firsthand experience with it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daganar View Post

-Gryphons look like something you can find in the Unity asset store free tier
    -Zone name text ("Ruby Life Pools") on one of the screenshots is so small compared to the actual minimap. Proportions are so much better on the current minimap
    -The bigger health bar on the player/target frames serves exactly 0 purpose
    -The micro menu below the backpack is almost transparent, can't see where you click exactly
    -Backpack UI is just bad and out of place with those colors
    -Combined backpack UI is much bigger, yet you can only pin 3 currencies leaving lots of blank space (although can't tell from a screenshot but 99% sure it's capped at 3)

Yea, this looks extremely cheap and unprofessional. Feel free to use the new stock UI but I'm not sold on this one and will continue to use ClassicUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Doesn't look like the chat frame is movable. I've always hated that you can't move it closer to the bottom. Also, haven't seen any options to "fade out" bars via transparency sliders, just show/hide.
    I'm assuming I'm misunderstanding you because you're able to move the chat frame on live (and for many expansions now). Right click on General, unlock, move to where to want it, lock.

Huge improvements for a ton of players and very overdue!

As someone who uses Elv and WAs it's not going to change as much, but that's totally fine. Completely agreed with them that having a more function base is critically important.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this looks amazing. Better than Elvui in my opinion. Finally Blizzard!