Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My main is my Warlock i402 right now, and his Renown is pretty low still, as I never do anything for Renown, all I do now is run M+ keys, typically from M+7 through 12, and the weekly World Boss and any WQs that might be upgrades. That's it.

I don't give a crap about Renown, and will not actively pursue getting it higher, because it's boring AF, to run quests for that, and is meaningless to me.

My alts are mostly level 70, some still in their 60's, and the 70's are anywhere from i350 to i370, and I just don't have the energy to really push them higher and don't care.

I hate the multiple currency crap yet AGAIN and this upgrade stuff, spend 700 Valor Points to upgrade your gear like 5 iLvls's LOL F that. All these different currencies to buy this or that, which is already outdated gear anyways at this point if your running M+ or Raiding. heck, even World Quests offer better gear or about the same as the currency stuff you can buy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    does Blizzard need to wake up that WoW shouldn't be Raid or die for the few % who still do that? Last I checked I think like 75% of WoW players don't even step foot inside a current Raid.
    I think that they have somehow realised it, hence M+ and all the iterations on the system since its debut in Legion. But there is always a good one and a bad one with Blizzard, especially since the only thing worth it from M+ nowadays (and for quite some time) is the weekly lottery vault, and loot from raids is almost non-existent.

But even so, M+ is holding the game together - the PvE part, anyway. If there was no M+, DF would be pretty much undistinguishable from WoD, especially with the ever-decreasing raiding population.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Because it's a shitty expansion.

Blizzard has removed all the fun little things to do: the pet battles, the archaeology, the silly stuff.

Blizzard has removed all the casual content. You can either do boring-ass diablo-style M+ for marginally better gear, or do mythic raids, or do...nothing.

What's ironic about all of this is WoW was created to offer a more casual experience to MMO gamers who didn't want to do the elitist horseshit anymore. Now we ARE the elitist horseshit. I wish a new, upstart game would come along and be what WoW used to be.
    Uhhh everything you mentioned is in DF. They are also updating archeology. So try again.

Also nother you mentioned is fun. This expansion literally added rok climbing and random fun world events. Stop making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Take a break, I have played since Vanilla, and have taken several breaks. I have not raided this expansion, but have the first tier of every expansion before this, I am just sick of the boss fights taking 3-4 mins longer than needed to kill them. I am currently raiding in WOTLK Classic and loving it, I lasted 2 weeks in Dragonflight and saw how M+ loot works and after killing 12 bosses and seeing 3 total pieces of loot for 5 people I decided that was in deed not for me so I have not touched it since.
    I respect your choose for me it has more to do with i don't really get into mmo rpg until atleast a mid patch jump but more power to you sir!

What do I do now when I log into Dargonflight?

- First thing I do is check the map, with World Quest tracker, see if any upgrades out there? Or check where the weekly World Boss is.

- If no upgrades available, I then look at my M+ key, which yesterday was an 11 key, I then ask my Guild if they wanna run it? No response for awhile, then I put it up in the Group Finder, and that takes awhile to get a full group, sometimes don't get all 5 players, and just wait 20+ minutes.

- I don't Raid, so don't even go there.

- Lately I just log off then, if no group avaialble to run my M+ key with me, and no upgrades out there in the DragonIsles, I just don't play, because not much else to do. Yeah I do like running old content for transmogs and mounts, but that's mostly on weekends when I do that stuff. And I do have several alts to continue leveling up, but sometimes just not in the mood for that grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with them, but also find that kinda sad, only a couple months into a brand new expansion, and even though people are digging it, they feel burned out or just not interested in pushing further. Does that mean WoW in general is finally starting to lose it's luster? Blizzard releases a good expansion in Dragonflight, but still people are fading out and just kinda of bored quickly into it.
    Consider the alternative: In legion or BFA you were logging on each day/week to grind AP. You didn't necessarily want to do it but you did it as a "chore".

Fastforward to DF, no "chores" to do. In fact, you have the freedom to do what is of interest to you. And if nothing interests you right now, you can feel free to go do something else (perhaps even play a different game).

Last I checked I think like 75% of WoW players don't even step foot inside a current Raid.
    Source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    - renows in general are a nice idea. But so many things are behind a to big of a rep grind and useless by the time you get it. Per example. By the time you have gotten your renow high enough to get a piece of gear. That grind must mean you have play so much that your standard gear is already as high if not higher. I think all renow gear needs to drop by 5 renow levels at least.
    Here's the thing about renown gear - It's not for your mains, it's for your alts. Especially since your alts gain reputation faster when your main hits those thresholds at 10 and 20 renown.

- - - Updated - - -

What do I do now when I log into Dargonflight?
    And compare that to SL, BFA, or Legion. Does having "stuff" to do that isn't interesting a good thing for the game as a whole?

In SL, you were grinding renown because renown not only unlocked conduits but also (later) empowered conduits. In BFA, you ran things like Island Expeditions for Azerite Power. In Legion, you ran things for Artifact Power and (until later patches) to build up BLP until your next Legion Legendary.

Yes, it might have kept the wow population "busy" or "engaged" but was any of that truly "fun" or enjoyable? Most players said no. Those kinds of grinds were horrible and for Blizzard to get rid of them. Guess what, they did and DF is what we get.

So you might counter with add in more story/questing... the problem is that kind of content gets consumed rapidly relative to how long it takes to make.

Honestly DF is great. You log in and do what you want then log off. There's no FOMO with power systems that requires daily/weekly grinding. It's refreshing to be able to walk away and do other things beyond WoW.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

About 10-20% of WOW players are raiding.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ctive_players/
    That's from back in SL.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's from back in SL.
    I agree, but I've heard for years, it was less than 25% active players that Raid. My point a vast majority of WoW players do not Raid at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but I've heard for years, it was less than 25% active players that Raid. My point a vast majority of WoW players do not Raid at all.
    Objection: Speculative
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

About 10-20% of WOW players are raiding.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ctive_players/
    Your source is a video of a known WoW hater that was shared on reddit by a deleted user 18 months ago? Jesus...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Objection: Speculative
    Objection, Hearsay
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I'd be playing more if healer balance wasn't so garbage in PVP. That entire half of the game is basically deleted as a holy paladin since I'm not a disc priest for arena or presevoker for RBG. Just look at the representation charts and it's insane.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2023-02-16 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Here's the thing about renown gear - It's not for your mains, it's for your alts. Especially since your alts gain reputation faster when your main hits those thresholds at 10 and 20 renown.
    Sorry to be clear both on main AND alts.
    My main was able to use nothing of it.
    By the time my first alt had gotten enough renow. Thanks to all the questing, dungeons, WQ i already had higher item level.

I am also not saying remove the level requierment. But lower the levels a bit. It feels right now, with the content you do ( without farming) you can outgear that gear with ease. Only 1 item was a upgrade. The rest is around the gear level you can get otherways.
    So i would say lower it by a few renow levels. It should feel more like the 318 ilevel stuff you can make with proffesions. A great way to improve some drops/quest gear.

And yes even with the 100% and 200% buffs ( main has 1 renow thats not max but 2 levels removed, the rest is max out). Its still possible to out level/gear the renow gear with ease.

The raiding scene has been low interest since BFA as I said before.

Theres actual metrics to show this and have been around since after Dazar'alore where the interest really dropped heavily.

Azshara and N'zoth had some of the lowest raid numbers in total and Shadowlands is even lower still, with DF being pretty low aswell.

Raiding is definatley a dead scene compared to what it -was- so to be clear, its not -dead- but if you want to compare it to the glory days of TBC and WOTLK to Legion then its definatley dead.

Realistically this is why I said for a long time they need to go down from 4 difficulties back to 2, Normal and Heroic, this means they can make a 5 patch cycle with more raids rather than a 3 patch cycle with less.

The 3 patch cycle approach generally seemed to do alot of damage for blizzard long term beacuse patches in the ye old were 77 days long and now they're closer to 6 months so half a year of development for what amounts to 4 tiers of difficulty, maybe 1 new zone anda few new farms for what is realistically 1 to 1.5 months of grinding.

This is why its generally not been worth it to people, more content is better than more difficulties, so generally people would rather have 77 day cycles with 2 raid tiers than 4 raid tiers of which 2 are rarley used if ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    The raiding scene has been low interest since BFA as I said before.

Theres actual metrics to show this and have been around since after Dazar'alore where the interest really dropped heavily.
    I'd like to see those actual metrics. And by metrics, I mean real numbers and not some BS speculative numbers that various people try to throw up.

Raiding is definatley a dead scene compared to what it -was- so to be clear, its not -dead- but if you want to compare it to the glory days of TBC and WOTLK to Legion then its definatley dead.
    Maybe, but it also means you need to look at the relative numbers as well. TBC/WoTLK had much higher total users than later expansions. Additionally, you should also consider the additional content that now exists in the game that further dilute raiding interest. Why bother trying to put together 10 people for a raid when you can get high end-game gear from M+ (where you only need 5 people)?

Realistically this is why I said for a long time they need to go down from 4 difficulties back to 2, Normal and Heroic, this means they can make a 5 patch cycle with more raids rather than a 3 patch cycle with less.
    Not sure how less difficulty options would bring in more content. Honestly raid content tuning for the multiple difficulties is probably easier than creating a new raid. All you really need to do is drop a mechanic or simplify mechanics as you go lower in difficulty.

This is why its generally not been worth it to people, more content is better than more difficulties, so generally people would rather have 77 day cycles with 2 raid tiers than 4 raid tiers of which 2 are rarley used if ever.
    I mean we all want more content but content takes more time to create, test, and launch than say some tweaks to existing content. Moreover, a 77 day patch cycle means that you're locked into that content roadmap.

Let's say you have a feature X planned for expansion and X is received poorly but the current roadmap for the next content patch is built upon expanding X. Do you push forward with current patch cycle despite the poor reception of X or do you say let's #pullripcord and change scrap planned content for new content that now focuses on Y. However that takes time and now instead of a 77 day patch cycle, you need to restart and maybe (if you're lucky) get it out in 4 months (120 days).
    ---

This was me 2 months into SL and why I haven't bothered with DF. First expansion ever I haven't played day 1. I am one of the stats we're seeing on why its not selling like other expensions.

At this point for me to play wow they gotta offer the expansion for free with a 6 month sub or something, or put it on game pass. I don't really see myself paying for an expansion and a sub fee for a game ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Because it's a shitty expansion.

Blizzard has removed all the fun little things to do: the pet battles, the archaeology, the silly stuff.

Blizzard has removed all the casual content. You can either do boring-ass diablo-style M+ for marginally better gear, or do mythic raids, or do...nothing.

What's ironic about all of this is WoW was created to offer a more casual experience to MMO gamers who didn't want to do the elitist horseshit anymore. Now we ARE the elitist horseshit. I wish a new, upstart game would come along and be what WoW used to be.
    Blizz definitely played it safe with DF.

At best its a C+ expansion. There are no new ideas, no risks and not much creativity.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd say with their design since Shadowlands you'll always be bored after about 2 months. Their content simply doesn't entertain you for any longer period of time.

People hated on Titanforging & AP, but guess what? Those things gave you meaningful character progression even late into a patch.

Now? After about 2 months or so, your power progression comes to a virtual standstill. Sure you can repeat the things you've already done on an alt or two, but it's just the same thing you've already done. It's bad design and a snoozefest.

People play for gear and power and the moment people can no longer get gear or power the game dies.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2023-02-18 at 03:16 AM.

I mean, 2 months of gameplay is pretty good, isn't it?

And I say that as someone who quit WoW.