Quote Originally Posted by Rexigg View Post
    I think Medivh shouldn't be on this list, i mean he's such a powerful being, he should be considered like Sargeras and the Dragon Aspects (in this tournament of course)
    Medivh is nowhere near as powerful as Sargeras. To even say something like that says you don't know much about the lore. He isn't even as powerful as most of the Dragon Aspects either. Maybe as powerful as Ysera since she is the weakest one, but we really don't know.

Generally people think Medivh is much more powerful then he really is. Yeah he is powerful, but people give him waaay to much credit. To this day Azshara when she was still a Night Elf 10,000 years ago, is still considered to be the most powerful mage that has ever lived on Azeroth. That means she was more powerful then Medivh. Medivh is still stronger then the majority of people on Azeroth yeah, but not as strong as people think.

Part of the problem is Blizzard has never given some type of list as to how strong the major lore figures are. So basically all we have to go by is person a beat person b so that means they can beat person c because person c fought person d and didn't win because person d beat person b.

Winner - Thrall, Son of Durotan

Prepotency - 69.97% Of The Vote

Pertinence - Advancement To The Final Match

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

If Thrall wins over Medivh, then theres some Horde-fanboys theres voting on him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Medivh is nowhere near as powerful as Sargeras. To even say something like that says you don't know much about the lore. He isn't even as powerful as most of the Dragon Aspects either. Maybe as powerful as Ysera since she is the weakest one, but we really don't know.

Generally people think Medivh is much more powerful then he really is. Yeah he is powerful, but people give him waaay to much credit. To this day Azshara when she was still a Night Elf 10,000 years ago, is still considered to be the most powerful mage that has ever lived on Azeroth. That means she was more powerful then Medivh. Medivh is still stronger then the majority of people on Azeroth yeah, but not as strong as people think.

Part of the problem is Blizzard has never given some type of list as to how strong the major lore figures are. So basically all we have to go by is person a beat person b so that means they can beat person c because person c fought person d and didn't win because person d beat person b.
    When Deathwing states his fear of facing Medivh, especially considering he's the strongest of the aspects, in Day of the Dragon it quite does tell you how powerfull Medivh truly is, if you remember WarCraft 3 where Archimonde was afraid to go against Dalaran head on with it's magical defenses still up (note that this includes Dalaran's scrying capability as often tried to use on Medivh and horribly failing to do so) it also gives you an idea of how powerfull Medivh really was.
    Azshara was only rumoured to be as powerfull because a pitlord was afraid to attack her sensing a hidden power (and the fact she was being fed by the Well of Eternity only like 2 flippin minutes away), we've not known anything else, where we DO know that Deathwing basically craps his pants for Medivh, and this is the same Deathwing that went to Azshara in it to get back the Demon Soul from the clutches of the Old Gods even in defiance of Sargeras' forces, whom were being tricked there BY the Old Gods to set them free.

I'd say you have quite a bit of reading up to do on lore my very young padawan learner.

Edit: Punctuation suckage.
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2010-09-19 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    where we DO know that Deathwing basically craps his pants for Medivh.
    No,we know that the gay version of deathwing is stated to feel "perhaps fear " of facing Medivh.It appaers it is you who needs to read up on lore.

The same version of deathwing that could get apparently steamrolled by alexstrasza after the demon soul was destroyed (It was all aspects there,but it's pretty clear reading that particular chapter that alexstrasza would wipe the floor with deathwing's face on her own

Basically what happened is when blizzard was creating the major lore about the guardians they made massive Jesus characters (not only in their unlimited powers,but also the whole "this is beyond you so you can't understand it" notion of Christianity) and now they probably/hopefully regret it and will ditch med'an for the future.

Azshara is clearly stated to be next to Archimonde etc in power

ps:If medivh is so mighty,why didn't he stop the legion himself in war 3? Why did he in fact not participate in battle?
    ps2: Not going to even get started on how deathwing turned from a deceptive faggot to apparently a behemoth that can sunder the world.
    Last edited by Overtroll; 2010-09-19 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtroll View Post
    ps:If medivh is so mighty,why didn't he stop the legion himself in war 3? Why did he in fact not participate in battle?
    because he was, you know, DEAD ?

ps2: Not going to even get started on how deathwing turned from a deceptive faggot to apparently a behemoth that can sunder the world.
    It's been stated that Deathwing's power has been greatly increased by the Old Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

Deleted
    How many balls does Thrall actually have?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtroll View Post
    No,we know that the gay version of deathwing is stated to feel "perhaps fear " of facing Medivh.It appaers it is you who needs to read up on lore.

The same version of deathwing that could get apparently steamrolled by alexstrasza after the demon soul was destroyed (It was all aspects there,but it's pretty clear reading that particular chapter that alexstrasza would wipe the floor with deathwing's face on her own

Basically what happened is when blizzard was creating the major lore about the guardians they made massive Jesus characters (not only in their unlimited powers,but also the whole "this is beyond you so you can't understand it" notion of Christianity) and now they probably/hopefully regret it and will ditch med'an for the future.

Azshara is clearly stated to be next to Archimonde etc in power

Gay version of Deathwing? I find it funny how you can read that from the book, where Deathwing is more powerfull then the other aspects due to the Old Gods over 10.000 years ago from that point, and in that very chapter it is stated that Alexstrasza attacked with the force of an angered mother seeing her children be twisted, tortured and killed (you know the whole Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned thing?) but nowhere does it even remotely say what you describe, it still required the remaining 4 aspects to force him to retreat, 4 aspects against 1 aspect, singular, i'd say if that singular aspect was afraid of 1 mortal then it is sufficient reason to gauge the depth of power that Medivh has.

Her, Azshara, being powerfull is true, however it quite clearly states Archimonde is stronger, and he is the weakest between the top evils (Sargeras, Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde in that order, and yet again i will refer you to the lore where Archimonde couldn't take Dalaran head on where Medivh was laughing at their efforts.

Your PS1: Play the game, watch the cinematics, find out, he states it more clearly in there then i were to convince you of it, a brick wall.
    Your PS2: Deathwing always was deceptive when turned from good to evil by the Old Gods, how do you think the Demon Soul came into existence? It just appeared out of nowhere i take it?

Here's another piece of information: Neltharion the Earth-Warder, aka Deathwing, was the Aspect of the Earth, with this bit of knowledge i recommend you to seek out and learn what being an Aspect of the Earth actually is to answer a part of your 2nd PS.

Looking at your entire post it more appears that you generally don't like the lore at all rather then actually reading up on the facts of the lore, which points to you hating a force of "good" that can be more powerfull then the forces of evil because good must be the underdog, this is what i'm observing from your post.

Edit: 2nd Paragraph, didn't define who "Her" is.
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2010-09-19 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    At all those that said Thrall could in no way beat Grom, I would like you to consider this: when Thrall made manifest his powers at Durnholde, he scared the living shit out of Grom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Welcome back from your self enforced mmo champ exile Lokann.
    Thanks!

Put this in the Medivh/Lothar thread but i may aswell put it here.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/09/19/kn...last-guardian/
    That article pretty much sums up why Medivh will win every fight.
    He was basically controlled by Sargeras, when he finally does die hes like "Wtf, he made me do what? Oh well, guess il come back from the dead and fix it..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Put this in the Medivh/Lothar thread but i may aswell put it here.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/09/19/kn...last-guardian/
    That article pretty much sums up why Medivh will win every fight.
    He was basically controlled by Sargeras, when he finally does die hes like "Wtf, he made me do what? Oh well, guess il come back from the dead and fix it..."
    Not really, his mother brought him back by gathering all the powers she had left for one magnificent spell.

Anyhow, he was kickass for actually managing to defy Sargeras. That was the whole reason for taking an apprentice, keeping Lothar close even after he... changed, and of course the whole Garona deal. He needed someone who'd take him down once Sargeras inevitably took over completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Not really, his mother brought him back by gathering all the powers she had left for one magnificent spell.

Anyhow, he was kickass for actually managing to defy Sargeras. That was the whole reason for taking an apprentice, keeping Lothar close even after he... changed, and of course the whole Garona deal. He needed someone who'd take him down once Sargeras inevitably took over completely.
    His mother only brought him back because his spirit tracked her down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    His mother only brought him back because his spirit tracked her down.
    Could be, I don't remember much of Cycle of Hatred anymore, because I just... let's say 'didn't like the book at all' before I resort to stronger language.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be, I don't remember much of Cycle of Hatred anymore, because I just... let's say 'didn't like the book at all' before I resort to stronger language.
    FFS Orcnab, it's about entertainment value there! All in all though, i remember the books, but i don't remember reading anything about his spirit tracking her down, simply that after she heard he died she spent 20 years collecting enough magic to resurrect him.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 10:15 PM ----------

Actually why did you hate Cycle of Hatred, i thought it was quite good, but then again i thought War of the Ancients was pretty damn sweet where other people thought it sucked, i am still of the opinion though that we need more books regarding at least Nozdormu, technically he possesses the most powerfull ability of all but is weaker then Deathwing.

Good thing that Amanthul scared the crap out of him though with him not thinking he's all powerfull.

Nozdormu? Well did you do the bronze dragon shire quest? It's possible Nozdormu is using is power for "good" except that playing with time can lead to even worse outcomes then the events you try and stop. Notice the infinite dragon flight is always trying to stop a bad event from happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciamravita View Post
    Nozdormu? Well did you do the bronze dragon shire quest? It's possible Nozdormu is using is power for "good" except that playing with time can lead to even worse outcomes then the events you try and stop. Notice the infinite dragon flight is always trying to stop a bad event from happening.
    Which is why it's zeh awezomenezz! With the ability to screw with time he is technically the most powerfull being in existence, having the ability to erase any mistake or anyone from existence.

The whole concept of time and it's infinite number of changes (Butterfly effect) is what makes it extremely interesting to me.

Say f.ex that Gaskal, Broxigar's companion when investigating the anomaly, stood in place of Broxigar and vice versa then how would the War of the Ancients have ended?

It was Broxigar's self sacrifice and badass-ness that gave them the time to stop the Burning Legion and Sargeras from entering Azeroth, would Gaskal have fared any worse? Or perhaps even better?

This is why it's so damned win.

Poor Thrall, hopefully Medivh is merciful and his death is swift

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Alright, so looks like Medivh has officially advanced. Tomorrow I shall be posting the final match.

Thrall vs Medivh
    Lothar vs Grom - Third place match, please. Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    Lothar vs Grom - Third place match, please. Pretty please?
    Ooooh good match-up

However IF that is the case Nuke would need to clearly state if Grom was normal or bloodcursed for the fight or it would go 30 pages in debates again