Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i have around 3k higher dps on almost all fights in icc. yes fire is op atm, so is locks. and i couldnt agree with the blue more saying any warr dps spec reti and feral is to weak atm, id say rogues have to bad dps aswell now.

Damage will always get tweeked with patchs and a few classes with get a revamp nothing new don't stress it if they make you suck they'll buff you again. Just pray you aren't on the same level as a ret paladin ours did 8.7k dps last night on H BQL and for that matter mages are a little OP right now but i'm not complaining because hey we have quite a lot of them in our guild.

Also, yeah.. frost mage broke 23k dps last night. Little on the OP side, this was Rotface.. he got the plague twice.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicella View Post
    Edit: Click my sig and look at armory before you say "you need to learn how to play your class", don't you think a mage who was part of one of the top 10 guilds in the US who killed Heroic LK 25 at 15% buff back in May would know every aspect of their class.
    oh dear... -.-

the entire thing is because ppl are screaming that they are getting killed by mages in pvp

this is another classic case of why there should be a THIRD SPEC JUST FOR PVP so they can tune those and leave PVE alone

every class is tuned for 85, but mages are THE problem

seriously????

Quote Originally Posted by Valthrim View Post
    Whining about mages being OP compared to hybrid classes isn't going to change a thing.
    Mages are made for topping the dps list. Boomkins, Spriests, Ele shamans are NOT supposed to be equal..
    this isnt 2005
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Still dumbfounded that people care about the numbers in this patch.
    Its almost as if they still play the game, and will for another 8 raid lockouts...derp derp

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i have around 3k higher dps on almost all fights in icc. yes fire is op atm, so is locks. and i couldnt agree with the blue more saying any warr dps spec reti and feral is to weak atm, id say rogues have to bad dps aswell now.
    if you have 4pc t10 (dont know about without) along with arcane power glyph as arcane...it far surpasses fire for dps.

you get 40% uptime for 18% more damage

and quite simply, on single target it outdpses fire easily.

however its aoe isnt as spiffy or as easy.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe View Post
    We've had this converstion. A thousand times. "ZOMG you hybrid!!!1" is a stupid argument.
    so tell me than, why bring a rogue right now when a boomkin does more dps than me and brings a battle rez to the table? oh right, there IS NONE
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    if you have 4pc t10 (dont know about without) along with arcane power glyph as arcane...it far surpasses fire for dps.

you get 40% uptime for 18% more damage

and quite simply, on single target it outdpses fire easily.

however its aoe isnt as spiffy or as easy.
    Uh, what? 40% uptime on 4pc t10? How exactly do you get more uptime on a bonus with a static duration and a static cooldown? Every spec gets the same uptime on 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Uh, what? 40% uptime on 4pc t10? How exactly do you get more uptime on a bonus with a static duration and a static cooldown? Every spec gets the same uptime on 4pc.
    simple, arcane power glyph causes you to reset the CD on mirror image when you cast arcane power. arcane powers CD is 1.5 minutes. mirror image is 3 minutes.

so every time you cast arcane power and reset the CD on mirror image you can cast mirror image again for 18% more damage over 30 seconds again, instead of only once every 3 minutes.

edit: nvm, had a guildy clarify that its GLOBAL COOLDOWN not cooldown. in that case, arcane is simply more OP then fire atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    simple, arcane power glyph causes you to reset the CD on mirror image when you cast arcane power. arcane powers CD is 1.5 minutes. mirror image is 3 minutes.

so every time you cast arcane power and reset the CD on mirror image you can cast mirror image again for 18% more damage over 30 seconds again, instead of only once every 3 minutes.

edit: nvm, had a guildy clarify that its GLOBAL COOLDOWN not cooldown. in that case, arcane is simply more OP then fire atm.
    That glyph does not exist anymore... They changed it to reduce the GCD on Blink, Mirror image and mana shield while arcane power is active

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Its almost as if they still play the game, and will for another 8 raid lockouts...derp derp
    It's almost as if everything that mattered already ended. S8 is over, H LK and H RS have been on farm for months now, there is no new content, no new ratings, no competition. Everything gained in these two months is like claiming an Illidan kill post HP nerf; no one really cares...derp derp. One class doing more DPS than other classes in a period which has no meaning or reprucussions on anything only helps a raid kill things faster, speeding up their raids, and making everything feel smoother. Are people being sat because a mage/lock/spriest is doing more damage? Highly unlikely...derp derp.
    BfA Beta Time

It's almost as if everything that mattered already ended. S8 is over, H LK and H RS have been on farm for months now, there is no new content, no new ratings, no competition. Everything gained in these two months is like claiming an Illidan kill post HP nerf; no one really cares...derp derp. One class doing more DPS than other classes in a period which has no meaning or reprucussions on anything only helps a raid kill things faster, speeding up their raids, and making everything feel smoother. Are people being sat because a mage/lock/spriest is doing more damage? Highly unlikely...derp derp.
    except, theres still LOTS OF GUILDS that dont have Heroic LK down and would love to continue to put work on that fight.
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    except, theres still LOTS OF GUILDS that dont have Heroic LK down and would love to continue to put work on that fight.
    And they can because they are doing more overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    And they can because they are doing more overall damage.
    except that MELEE ARE NOT

Not all guild have every heroic on farm. My guild sits at 11/12 HM25 and we are starting H LK this week. With the current way melee dps is, we probably won't. Every fight now almost all of our melee is lucky to break 10k on stand still fights (saur, fester etc). These were the same dps pulling around 15k last week. Even though caster all got a huge buff, they don't quite make up for the huge loss of melee dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if everything that mattered already ended.
    I guess you also had this attitude as soon as Paragon killed heroic LK25man, right?

tell me, whats balanced about this?
    voa 25, fire boss top dps is a boomkin
    http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...0_144130-1.jpg

Seems like the nerf hotfix is in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimatter View Post
    Exactly. People always complain when another class beats them after a new patch, that class is way to overpowered and needs to be nerfed. Grow up people. Mages are not OP, Resto Druids are overpowered. In AB yesterday my friend and 5 other people in that BG could not kill a resto druid in questing gear. He is in full wrathful (named Yournitemare) and couldn't kill him let along get him down past 30%.
    Oh god resto druids are the worst
    Last night (When fire mages had the buffed DMG) five people were attacking ONE resto druid, we couldn't get him down for about 7 minutes, and even then it was because we stun locked his ass.