Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Sooooo! I play as Garen and Ryze mostly but people tell me that they are troll-picks. I want a champion that deals a lot of damage and don't get banned every single game. Any ideas? Riven maybe? Thanks anyways!
    Miss Fortune is one I've noticed that can do a lot of damage quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Sooooo! I play as Garen and Ryze mostly but people tell me that they are troll-picks. I want a champion that deals a lot of damage and don't get banned every single game. Any ideas? Riven maybe? Thanks anyways!
    Garen is a troll pick because his only use lies in trying to finish someone off with his ultimate. Compared to Riven, he is cow-dung. Ryze on the other hand is a pretty insane AP Carry and nothing like a troll pick. Riven is a very tanky champion whose strongsuit is not immediate burst on the lane, but safely eroding enemy health thanks to your lack of resource and numbers of CC.
    If you want to fill the burst-niche, consider playing AP or AD carry. Basically mages and ranged damage dealers. AP carries are usually all about popping all your cooldowns on someone and hope that he dies. They perform well for most of the game, but turn into CC and initiate bots towards the end, soaking their AoE damage during teamfights. AD Carries perform bad early on, because they need to build up on their items. Afterwards, they become walking artilleries with the job of making your enemies' lives miserable. I would say, decide for the pace you prefer and buy champions accordingly.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Garen is a troll pick because his only use lies in trying to finish someone off with his ultimate. Compared to Riven, he is cow-dung. Ryze on the other hand is a pretty insane AP Carry and nothing like a troll pick. Riven is a very tanky champion whose strongsuit is not immediate burst on the lane, but safely eroding enemy health thanks to your lack of resource and numbers of CC.
    If you want to fill the burst-niche, consider playing AP or AD carry. Basically mages and ranged damage dealers. AP carries are usually all about popping all your cooldowns on someone and hope that he dies. They perform well for most of the game, but turn into CC and initiate bots towards the end, soaking their AoE damage during teamfights. AD Carries perform bad early on, because they need to build up on their items. Afterwards, they become walking artilleries with the job of making your enemies' lives miserable. I would say, decide for the pace you prefer and buy champions accordingly.
    Thanks for answer. Do you know if Riven is good in ranked? Don't see her that much.

Deleted
    Thanks for answer. Do you know if Riven is good in ranked? Don't see her that much.
    She's one of if not the best solo tops imo.

Which champion would fit me to help my friends or that i can enjoy solo?

Hello all, I've been wanting to find the right champion to play with a couple of my friends. I've always enjoyed the melee characters and i'm looking for a champion is fun that but doesn't totally suck :P.

I constantly play with 2 of my friends, One plays vayne and the other alternates between miss fortune and caitlyn.

I enjoy playing a tank or a support that compliments them and helps them to get kills but i would also like to try a champion that i can play well and carry a game (for example tryndamere who isnt a tank but with his awesome slow can help them get more kills).

So far i've collected these champions which i enjoy.

Nidalee (my favorite so far since she can heal, go cat, do some nasty ranged damage with the javelins, set traps and escape)

Warwick ( Crazy tanky if they let me auto attack, great ganks with R and excelent mobility when a champion is dying nearby)

Mordekaiser (doesnt use mana and does some nice burst with E+Q and ghost if i manage to get a kill with R)

Tryndamere (Super Dps and a excelent slow if the enemy is running, however he feels too squishy and only has 1 ability that does damage)

Garen ( Very simple, but kinda sucks if the game goes on for too long)

Master Yi (Looks cool but is just sooooooo squishy)

Allistar ( i love doing the charge+knock up and Aoe Heal)

These are all the guys i've tried so far but i'm new to this game and i wanna stick to one champion and learn it and play it well so if any experienced player lends me a hand i'll be very grateful.

I've been looking at Phanteon,Riven,Renekton,Shen,Brolaf,J4,Udyr,Galio or skarner as possible candidates

Tldr. Looking for a melee preferably hero that synergises with caitlyn and vayne OR that can carry a game if played great.

Any opinions on Mundo? Just made a second account to try to quickly farm points to try him before devoting the time sink on the non-boosted account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently he can jungle pretty darn well.

Deleted
    Yeah he's a solid jungler.
    And riven is a BS pick top, don't worry, she can burst too

Mundo has one of the fastest initial jungle clears. His ganking is kinda meh though. On the upside you'll be towerdiving and getting out alive... A LOT.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Im not sure which one to take, Master Yi or Tryndamere :S
    Got any recomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimC View Post
    Got any recomendations?
    Honestly, i'd take Trondomer. They are both right-clickers but Trynd atleast has a little more utility through his W. Master Yi is completely offensive and will die if focused, Trynd's ult to a degree eliminates this problem.

Lastly, Tryndamere has a much stronger early game thanks to his passive giving mad crit chance and his Q giving him innate sustain.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Hey Everyone,

So I am pretty new to LoL. Been playing maybe a month or so. Honestly, I am not very good at the game as I take awhile to get decent at games; however I am having some luck with Garen. Are there any characters I can buy that have a similar feel or play style to Garen? I will continue to branch out as I play more and more but I figure I might as well start out with what seems to be working best for me.

Your help and advice is much appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleborgia View Post
    Hello all, I've been wanting to find the right champion to play with a couple of my friends. I've always enjoyed the melee characters and i'm looking for a champion is fun that but doesn't totally suck :P.

I constantly play with 2 of my friends, One plays vayne and the other alternates between miss fortune and caitlyn.

I enjoy playing a tank or a support that compliments them and helps them to get kills but i would also like to try a champion that i can play well and carry a game (for example tryndamere who isnt a tank but with his awesome slow can help them get more kills).

So far i've collected these champions which i enjoy.

Nidalee (my favorite so far since she can heal, go cat, do some nasty ranged damage with the javelins, set traps and escape)

Warwick ( Crazy tanky if they let me auto attack, great ganks with R and excelent mobility when a champion is dying nearby)

Mordekaiser (doesnt use mana and does some nice burst with E+Q and ghost if i manage to get a kill with R)

Tryndamere (Super Dps and a excelent slow if the enemy is running, however he feels too squishy and only has 1 ability that does damage)

Garen ( Very simple, but kinda sucks if the game goes on for too long)

Master Yi (Looks cool but is just sooooooo squishy)

Allistar ( i love doing the charge+knock up and Aoe Heal)

These are all the guys i've tried so far but i'm new to this game and i wanna stick to one champion and learn it and play it well so if any experienced player lends me a hand i'll be very grateful.

I've been looking at Phanteon,Riven,Renekton,Shen,Brolaf,J4,Udyr,Galio or skarner as possible candidates

Tldr. Looking for a melee preferably hero that synergises with caitlyn and vayne OR that can carry a game if played great.
    Merged your thread with this one

Deleted
    Got any recomendations?
    Well they are both insane damage dealing right clickers, both require little skil too master. The difference is that tryndamere is a lot more viable even if you play vs more competent players, however he gets banned all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Well they are both insane damage dealing right clickers, both require little skil too master. The difference is that tryndamere is a lot more viable even if you play vs more competent players, however he gets banned all the time.
    Not sure what you're talking about. Tryn is only ever banned in 3s, and that's only because there are so many walls for him to spin through. I've never seen him banned in 5s since I started ranked.

Got any recomendations?
    Both are kinda.. Meh at level 30. Both are easy to counter, both can be build AS/Crit, and have the capability to back door and annoy the enemy team. Yi is really fun when played AP imo, but takes a little more awareness of when to jump in. Tryn is a hard pub stomper and if you are leveling up, you will destroy people who don't know what they are doing. I would recommend Yi just because I like being able to play champions multiple ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    "I've been looking at Phanteon,Riven,Renekton,Shen,Brolaf,J4,Udyr,Galio or skarner as possible candidates"

Merged your thread with this one
    I would recommend Shen or Riven. With Shen's buffs he is finally viable again and actually fun to play, and Riven is an extremely good metatank choice.
    Last edited by Burton68Zeppelin; 2012-02-25 at 03:00 PM.
    My First Self-Built PC ^.^
    MB: Gigabyte Z68 || MEM: 4Gx2 G. Skill || CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k || PSU: Corsair 750W
    Video: GeForce GTX 560 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB || OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Deleted
    Hello, I'm quite new to this game, playing about 1 week, currently lvl15.
    I own these champs: Tristana, Corki, Mordekaiser, Alistar (for free).
    I kinda like playing ranged game was playing Ashe last week, when i started and it was free but it was pretty popular so i bought tristana and i was doing ok with her, i like her attack speed at the end game, but IMO it's a bit useless mid and not that good early.
    Then bought corki and i liked it even more than tristana cuz of his Q and R. Also have Morde if my friends want to play AD and basically playing those last 2 (Corki and Morde).
    Anyways looking for new ranger AD.
    Tried Miss Fortune and Caitlyn. Miss f was prolly only one i didn't like from rangers. Caitlyn was better, I like her ulti but still I like Corki more than her..
    My friend playing twitch so i won't buy it either.

So what's left:
    Ezreal,
    Graves,
    Kog'Maw,
    Teemo,
    Twisted Fate,
    Urgot,
    Vayne.

Any recommendations?

Bought Kog'Maw earlier, he's great fun, his Q + E are awesome he hits really hard and if you get killed you can run around for a few seconds then explode dealing significant true damage to nearby enemies.

Also best dance in game.

Cant decide...Cassiopeia, Ziggs, or Vayne? Cassio is really powerful, Ziggs is tons of fun, and Vayne is just a beast. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    All three.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix22 View Post
    Cant decide...Cassiopeia, Ziggs, or Vayne? Cassio is really powerful, Ziggs is tons of fun, and Vayne is just a beast. Any suggestions?
    Ive been deciding between the same, except swap Ziggs for irelia. Ive been waiting for weeks to either one of them come on sale, but I finally gave in and bought Vayne for IP. His damage is great, and in normals/low elo his early game isnt bad. Skill E first, and youll do fine.

His range is a little shit though, and when chasing people, you cant spam your E if youre out of range because it keeps staggering your champion. This feels like a serious bug when smartcasting.

There are several AD champs that will shit on you in lanephase, and you need to know when to go in and when to play defensive. Caitlyn will absolutely destroy you with her range, but whenever you see that you can Q +E her into terrain, you will take away 2/3 of her hp.

Cassiopeia is simply a beast. If you can land your poison, you will destroy people. Probably has one of the fastest, consistent nukes in the game.(What, 1 sec cd on poison + 0sec cd on your burst?) You'll be 3 hitting people. However, if you dont know how to position your self in teamfights and/or suck at landing poison, I probably wouldnt go with Cass.

I bought Brand for RP when he was on sale this week. This is the reason why I got Vayne, instead of Cass. Brand is also a champion I will suggest, a little easier to play, some insane damage for teamfights along with utility(2sec stun).

Overall, in rated, I would go for whatever you play the most. I never get mid because Im allways 4-5th pick, and AD carry usually no one wants to play that. In blind picks, I would go for Brand. You can usually get mid if you ask for it in champ select, and get the farm you need instead of sharing your CS with a random bot lane.

edit: Looks like Yorick & Irelia comes on sale Friday, March 9th, if anyone likes to spend 487RP instead of 6300 IP.
    Last edited by Dandy; 2012-02-26 at 11:15 AM.