Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've had 187 drivers since it was released. This week when I was researching about the drivers, I factory reset it > ignored their recommended drivers and installed drivers but the newest ones didnt work. This one I have is from may, and is working decenty. No BSOD's and no WMP 10 crash.

15+ Year Old Account
    you should always be getting drivers from sony, not the manufacturer of the GPU. all the graphics are integrated into the computer in most laptops and the manufacturers are the ones responsible for getting the correct drivers and maintaining them

if they're working though, keep using them
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I understand what you're saying Demon.

But again, the drivers are crashing when I'm expanding the Windows Media Player 10 window.

I get a BSOD (BAD_POOL_CALLER) which indicates that my drivers are the cause for this crash. Several factory restores haven't fixed the issue. There is nothing wrong with the graphic card or the computer itself after some diagnostics (was informed by Sony/Media Markt shop itself aswell).

So the drivers are the cause of this interruption and Sony is ignoring the fact that the drivers are the problem. Again, they called my graphic card "old".

Well, it is old. Sadly, I'm not well versed in Swedish consumer laws, so I don't know if you guys have anything protecting your products from becoming "invalid" prematurely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Well, it is old. Sadly, I'm not well versed in Swedish consumer laws, so I don't know if you guys have anything protecting your products from becoming "invalid" prematurely.
    even the EU protection for home electronics is 2 years.

all in all I do not understand this topic.
    something was obviously wrong with your PC from the start, this is when you either:
    1. fix it yourself
    or
    2. hand it in for FREE repairs.

yes, really, it's that simple.
    sad to say but computers are complex machinery and they do malfunction from time to time. the producers recognise this and WILL help you with any issue that you might have that is their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    The EU's idea is not law mind you.

As already evidenced by at least one remarkably stupid one being brought up and removed entirely from a series of nations for stepping on human rights.

Deleted
    The EU's idea is not law mind you.

As already evidenced by at least one remarkably stupid one being brought up and removed entirely from a series of nations for stepping on human rights.
    okay, rephrase time:
    there is an EU directive in place that gives you two years insurance against producer-based malfunctions on all home electronics.
    each individual membership state HAS to implement the EU directives (de facto, not in specific), one way or another.

so yes, EU directives ARE law, in 99.9% of the cases.

all in all my point was merely, you have 2 years of going to the whatever shop you bought your thing at, go "hey, this isn't working" and they're supposed to fix it/replace it, end of.

each individual membership state HAS to implement the EU directives (de facto, not in specific), one way or another.
    At least one directive thus far has been thrown out of many membership states. The EU passed a directive involving basic surveillance of digital traffic, but for roughly half a dozen of their members the directive's implementation has been rejected by the court afterwards.

You know, human rights being far higher ranked than any law. :'3

But yeah, I get your point.

Deleted

all in all I do not understand this topic.
    something was obviously wrong with your PC from the start, this is when you either:
    1. fix it yourself
    or
    2. hand it in for FREE repairs.
    If you do not understand the point of this topic. I suggest you re-read it once more.

I knew myself something was unusual. I took the computer back weeks after I bought it, explained the problem (the slow-ness) and they said it was normal. I then contacted the support months later, they suggested running a diagnostic search for the entire computer.

It did not find anything wrong. Media Markt helped me, explained to me it was all normal. Sony suggested the diagnostic shit, nothing was showing as wrong.

What am I supposed to do as a person with not a vast knowledge about computers? Still nag about that something is wrong when two different companies are saying its normal?

You're saying it like everyone knows how to fix a computer. Wrong.

Please before you comment about that it is my fault for not repairing it in time. Because I still have time. They can repair it without any fees at all, that's what they told me. But since there is nothing to fix, why bother?

BUT FOR THE LIKE 951305 TIME. Nothing in the computer is broken. It's the drivers. How are they gonna insert new drivers by me sending the computer to them when they aren't updating the drivers? It's nothing they could do. Or else the guy in the support would have told me to send it in and we'll fix it for you. He did not, he told me there is nothing FOR THEM TO FIX.

Seriously, read the damn main post. The computer is fine. Drivers are not. Drivers aren't getting any updates > computer getting BSOD ??? nothing I can do about it than letting Sony fix it but since it's the drivers and since the drivers arent getting any updates THERES NOTHING Sony or me as the customer can do about it. Unless I insteall a new fresh copy of Windows without the Sony's OEM.

Yes I'm raging because people should read the main post instead of telling me to fix something that isn't broken (computer itself).
    Last edited by mmoc0bf86c05d8; 2011-10-22 at 01:38 PM.

I understand it's extremely frustrating, but I sincerely must recommend remaining calm. :<

Deleted
    I understand it's extremely frustrating, but I sincerely must recommend remaining calm. :<
    Yes I apologize for my raging behaviour.

But there's nothing to fix really. Sony can't fix it by me sending the computer to them. The only way to fix the issues I have is to update the drivers and fix the issues I'm addressing to (due to the drivers). And Sony is refusing because "we see no problems and we find your card old".

That's not a valid reason.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find the nearest Sony office and leave your old burning piece of shit laptop on their front door step, then send them a nice email about how pleased you are with their lack of support services and driver updating. Just go out and buy a new laptop though, for 300 Euros, that money can be put towards a newer and better computer, you can get an MSI laptop that will have far superior specs for less then 1300 Euros no doubt. Computers have changed a lot in the last couple of years and gaming laptops are far more affordable then they used to be 3 or 4 years ago.

Deleted
    the drivers are stable, there is NOTHING wrong with the drivers.
    there is something wrong somewhere else in your system, which is causing the system instablity.

i.e drivers do not "malfunction" out of the blue on your computer alone, if there's issues with drivers the issues become very known very fast.

Deleted
    the drivers are stable, there is NOTHING wrong with the drivers.
    Are you in a possession of a Sony Vaio VPCF11M1E laptop? Same specs, design and drivers as I have?

I've always ignored the BSOD's. I've had them since freaking Windows 95....I just yawn and restart the computer cause their code and messages don't make sense to me. Not more than perhaps over-heating and "we are forced to shut down your comp because of safety". But now I decided to look fast for a code because I've had enough. I found BAD_POOL_CALLER, google'd it, and found other persons having that BSOD and the issue was the drivers.

Again adimaya, both Sony and Media Markt told me that there is nothing wrong with the graphic card.....>_<

Edit: Everything indicates towards the drivers. The issues I had with the old drivers, are not present anymore with the may 2011 nvidia drivers. ??????????????????????????? IM LOSING MY MIND YO!
    Last edited by mmoc0bf86c05d8; 2011-10-22 at 07:16 PM. Reason: raging more