Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard secret announce of MoP Launch Date?

Hi guys,

I just read around abit and found this bit of interesting information.

World of Warcraft 2012 Arena Pass FAQ
    If I don’t want to play during the level-85 phase, will I still be able to gain access to the level-90 portion of the competition if I purchase an Arena Pass at a later date?
    This will be your only chance to purchase a 2012 Arena Pass. They will not be offered again this year once sales close for the first phase. If you would like to participate in the level-90 portion of the Arena Pass, you will have to purchase your Arena Pass before sales close.

So digging throu some old sites etc, LAST years Phase two was 22 June – 5 July.
    Registration started 4 May – 21 June.

THIS years Registration just started so we will see MoP in 2 months perhaps.

NOTE: This is just my speculations and thought i wanted to share it

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, not at this pace. It'll take at least a month to test the level 90 content. And so far we're still working on nailing down 1/3 of the Monk class, and the level cap is 86.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

seems like a likely launch window

i doubt blizzard want to fix a date 3 months in advance though

Deleted
    It is going to be the latter part of Q3: late August or September. I can feel the vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Heh, not at this pace. It'll take at least a month to test the level 90 content. And so far we're still working on nailing down 1/3 of the Monk class, and the level cap is 86.
    I wouldn't say a month, i'd say 2-4 months really.
    The level cap is still 86 and been like that for quite a while now. let alone trying out challenge modes / heroic instances / raids etc.

and btw, that's not a location :F
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    It is going to be the latter part of Q3: late August or September. I can feel the vibe...
    Isn't that late Q2 or early Q3?

100% agree. Judging by what is out now, what still needs to be tested, I would say 3 months would be very optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Isn't that late Q2 or early Q3?
    Blizz goes by 3 months = 1 quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post

What you are feeling is the number of lost subs they'll have if they wait that long without new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    What you are feeling is the number of lost subs they'll have if they wait that long without new content.
    You can coax those who quit back with good content (which MoP does). You cannot coax back those who quit because you rushed incomplete content.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are missing (not necessarily missing, but unable to test) quite a good bit on the beta as is, like other zones and dungeons, the pet battle, the raid content; speculation is speculation but I do not think that this will be July, if anything it will be like arrowstorm said, late august or september for sure
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

10+ Year Old Account
    You can coax those who quit back with good content (which MoP does). You cannot coax back those who quit because you rushed incomplete content.
    Totally agree, it's better to delay MoP a few months and deliver a quality product than the rush the expansion. Blizzard needs to nail MoP, even a delay of a few months won't matter if MoP is a hit as all the people who quit will come back regardless.

Also concerning the state of the beta, and what has been tested so far and what still has to be tested, a release before August seems impossible.

Delays for the sake quality can sometimes take a back-seat to competition (namely GW2) My guess is that Blizzard's solution will be to find a acceptable compromise, delaying some of the content that was meant for 5.0 until 5.1 for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Delays for the sake quality can sometimes take a back-seat to competition (namely GW2) My guess is that Blizzard's solution will be to find a acceptable compromise, delaying content that was meant for 5.0 until 5.1 for example.
    Thing is, you can't delay too much. Pet battles or challenge mode, maybe. But you can't delay a T14 raid, Pandaren, Monk, levels, or zones on Pandaria. And even then we're looking at late July at best.

Oh right, was thinking on summer months, autumn months, winter months and spring months.

According to math, isn't a quarter of 12 ALWAYS 3? :P
    Last edited by dmdragon; 2012-04-11 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    God, I hope they're not intending to release MoP in two months. The game is in a far too raw state for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take *at least* 3 months from Diablo 3 launch. No developer/publisher in their right mind would roll out two huge projects like that one after another.

/thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Take *at least* 3 months from Diablo 3 launch. No developer/publisher in their right mind would roll out two huge projects like that one after another.

/thread
    A WoW addon is a bit different i guess. Sooner or later everyone who plays WoW will buy it, so it really doesn't matter when they release it. The total number of sold games won't differ (much).

/thread
    Last edited by mmoc39ef21ba38; 2012-04-11 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    The facts presented seem to be fairly valid but we need to factor the state of beta into the equation and suddenly it doesn't seem too probable.