Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    u know that slowing is now 30% instead of 50??
    also u can los our regen shot and knock it back and slow it ! yeah.... slowed regen shot wow.

Couple points.

1. Mail armour doesnt mean shit, cloth has better damage mitigation than hunters do.
    2. "cant be interupted", but we can be disarmed, much much more punishing.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by laskahond View Post
    oke so now that the minimum range is going to be removed won't that give hunters a big advantage in pvp?
    Prolly not but us hunters can only hope so

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, don't forget that hunters can be disarmed. If the only weapon we can have in cataclysm is a ranged weapon then that is the weapon you will be able to disarm.

Disarming a caster does absolutely nothing. Disarming a hunter will be just like disarming a melee.

oke so now that the minimum range is going to be removed won't that give hunters a big advantage in pvp?
    Not really, and what else are they supposed to do considering we're going to be losing melee weapons entirely? It's kind of an either/or thing. If we don't have a melee weapon we have to have some kind of ability to attack things close to us. I don't think it's going to be that big of an advantage, at most (as some have already said in this thread) it just means melee classes will have to use their heads a little more when attacking us.

It's like when I started out playing a hunter. It was a real pain in the butt and I had a hell of a time with rogues and I had to practice a LOT to learn how to deal with rogues in PvP (back in BC before rogues became one of WoW's current red-headed stepchildren). One of the biggest things I learned to my advantage was that less skilled rogues don't know what the heck to do when they'd get popped out of stealth and were easy kills. The fun rogues were the ones who didn't panic when de-stealthed and still manage to put up a fight or pwn me.

It's no different than that. It'll change mechanics a little but it doesn't mean hunters will instantly become arena gods. People will just have to get more creative on how they deal with hunters, using things like disarm and such more often rather than relying on a deadzone mechanic.

hunter underpowered? learn to jungyup nubs

It's a really bad update for casters, who try to get up inside the melee range so they arent blown up by physical damage (Rips clothies apart). Hunters already had enough abilities to kite anyway. However seeing as I have not played MoP I am guessing this change has to do with the balance of the game (hunter damage vs other classes mobility).

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I answer your question with a question: When have hunters not been OP in PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know shooting at point blank comes with damage mitigation. AMAZING.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    hunter underpowered? learn to jungyup nubs
    I laughed irl. l2jungyup.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Melee's can be outranged, casters can be interupted.

Nothing specific can be done anymore vs hunters, they can't be interupted nor can they be minimum ranged. This will mean from a mechanic point of view it will be borderline OP.
    LoS.....people on this forum...sweet lord. Hunters are so bad right now, there are only like 5 good hunters only the planet.

Deleted
    I think we just have to wait and see, there are changes to other classes so I might not make any difference

I played a hunter way back in vanilla, when we had this like 15 yard dead zone of lolololol. I ended up deleting him a couple years down the road but have now started to level a new one as a worgen and im 83. I'm having a much more delighful time with him now even though there still is that dead zone where when a melee gets in my face (not like its hard you charging/death gripping/shadow stepping little children) and I cant wait to get into arenas with him when the new patch hits. Looking forward to no dead zone!

Deleted
    Dalaran Sewers. 'Nuff said.

Not 'nuff said? It's an outdated mechanic and it's put Hunters in a bad place for PvP. It's been a long time coming, but I imagine Hunters will be taking a hit to their damage so they're not quite as ridiculous as Frost Mages in MoP. Obviously to make up for Hunters creeping up on them Mages will get a new ability called Heat Death between 85 and 90 that causes everything within 100 yards to be Deep Freeze'd for 5 minutes.

hunters are op imo. the dead zone means nothing when you are given more tools than any other class in the game to get away. honestly as a ret paladin i have an easier time vs a good frost mage than i do vs a good hunter
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Yeah because always having to just be running away is awesome gameplay.
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    hunters are op imo. the dead zone means nothing when you are given more tools than any other class in the game to get away. honestly as a ret paladin i have an easier time vs a good frost mage than i do vs a good hunter
    Thats because a good hunter probably is as good as a godmode frost mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    Couple points.

1. Mail armour doesnt mean shit, cloth has better damage mitigation than hunters do.
    2. "cant be interupted", but we can be disarmed, much much more punishing.
    You've always been able to be disarmed.

The thing that strikes me as most significant about the melee range change is that hunters WILL be putting more damage out. The escape tactics will still be used, no doubt, but simply put.. if a hunter is forced to spend x amount of time and focus getting away, that's x time and focus he's spending not doing damage to his opponent. Other classes subconsciously or otherwise use this to their advantage, which makes hunters currently seem so weak to a lot of players.

Casters are pretty much deadzoned whenever a melee is in range to kick them. If hunters can shoot in melee, they will have to be interruptible as well, and their damage will have to be tied to "casting" shots more.

edited for retarded use of apostrophes.
    Last edited by Socra; 2011-10-26 at 06:52 PM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think hunter is underpowered, but if I play my alts, I do see how much easier other classes are to pvp with. I'll be glad to be rid of the melee weapon, but what I want most atm is to stop frost fever from making my steady/cobra shots such ridiculous long casts...

Really? I wonder what the people who are soooo convinced that hunters are going to be OP are smoking. This just puts us on even footing. Steady and Cobra Shots can be slowed by a ton. That means we sit there doing nothing for several seconds at a time and it can be quite a while before we have enough focus to do anything other than SS and CoS. We can be disarmed. We CAN be silenced (Kill Command does not work when silenced, which is the main attack of BM hunters). We can be LOS. Basically, there are tons and tons of things that can be done to control hunters even without minimum range. It just means we're not as easy a target as you sit in our melee range and laugh while we can do nothing about it a lot of the time or dot us up and run around a pillar where we can never catch up to LOS while being far enough away to still hit you (assuming we even have any resources with which to attack, which we probably don't due to not being able to SS/CoS).

Not being automatic faceroll does not equal OP.