Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If you watched the stream of the Blizzard team panels you'd see that those that work for the company still have a lot of passion for their games. That's why I feel the QQ over the MoP expansion is extremely unwarranted, they are doing what they think is best for the game. Sure, there are powers above them puling some strings, but the fact they are releasing an expansion that could likely lose more subs shows that they do these things with their best intentions and the real fans in mind.
    What powers would those be? Blizzard can dictate absolute creative freedom, there's no corporate conspiracy going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Wait what? constant drops? They are further expanding and going in depth of Starcraft universe and character development, focusing on Kerrigan in the next part. If anything SC2 has richer and more in depth plot and missions than SC1.
    I do 4v4 in SC2... drops happen all the time.

my bad for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2011-10-23 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    Cataclysm feels like a complete waste of time now that they're revamping the talent system again. I'm so sick and tired of the 'feel' and playstyle of my chosen class shifting each expansion.
    I'm sure you will feel sick and tired if things were same for so long.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    Cataclysm feels like a complete waste of time now that they're revamping the talent system again. I'm so sick and tired of the 'feel' and playstyle of my chosen class shifting each expansion.
    So don't play for the three or four months that it's going to take them to put out Mists of Pandaria? There's still one major content patch to go in Cataclysm, people!

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I do 4v4 in SC2... drops happen all the time.

my bad for the misunderstanding.
    Drops as in someone disconnecting? I'm pretty sure with amount of people they have hired for the company and resource I highly doubt it's battle.net's fault.

Don't trust companies. They always have and always will be looking to further their own means.

But to say you'd lose trust in them because they do things you don't like? That's patently ridiculous, if not childish.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

I stopped liking football in the 9th grade. I stuck with it. I ended up at the University of Michigan, having the time of my life.

I think there is a correlation there....
    If you are having the time of your life, why are you worried about a video game.........

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    LESS end-game content?! Are you fcking serious? There has never been as much content for max level as there will be in MoP.
    You'll have to elaborate on that one. Timed dungeons and public quests are end-game? No villain means less story and less to do / less to care about...

As for lore, an island with level 90+'s was forgotten about. Wait, wouldn't someone have remembered or noticed that? Deep stuff...

What excitement that was created by the blizzcom opening was quickly drowned out by suspicion.
    By mountains of people trying to convince themselves that they were so totally justified, correct, and better than all of us when they canceled there subs. Look for solid arguments (either for or against) and u'll see much more balanced op's on why it might not be the end of the world. People have suddenly decided that blizzard is the bain of their existence and it is there job to bash them at any opportunity. When did it become cool to just hate EVERYTHING?

Deleted
    I don't know now. I'm Suspicious. The lack of solid story, lack of customization, lack of world in Cata has done harm to the WoW franchise. That harm will have larger, longer lasting affect on Blizzard itself I fear.

What excitement that was created by the blizzcom opening was quickly drowned out by suspicion. Companions fighting maybe, or it could be just like steam tonks... I was told Cata would bring "meaningful choices" for talents. They are attempting to sell that to us again with MoP. I don't know.

With the constant drops in SC2. The lack of depth in Cata, and the RMAH coming in D3. I have suspicion with the direction Blizzard is taking these great titles.

Blizzard was the greatest video game development company to every grace the earth (at least in my eyes), I just don't know anymore.
    I have the same feeling about this all. All supporters of MoP just continue blindly trusting every single damn thing they offer. Every supporter of that stupid idea just want to play. They don't even bother what kind of game that will. Main arguments of them are "fresh", "new", "don't know what's coming". All who complained about MoP have said their reasons. And they are mostly every change that Blizzard makes with new expansion. That's what is going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    No villain means less story and less to do / less to care about...
    This is the worst argument so far against MoP. No villain doesn't mean anything at all besides the fact of having no main villain. The conflicts happening on Pandaria ARE the story.

Heck, it's even hypocrisy telling that when your sig is a SWToR sig, a game based on two sides fighting each other.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2011-10-23 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    If you are having the time of your life, why are you worried about a video game.........
    grrr.. that was years ago. When I was there, football, video game, and women was all there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    So don't play for the three or four months that it's going to take them to put out Mists of Pandaria? There's still one major content patch to go in Cataclysm, people!
    Try more like 11 months. If they are convincing people to subscribe for a whole year, they need to force players to stay subscribed for a nice and long 4.3 .. Besides MoP release schedule was put at somewhere around Q2-Q3 anyways, and Blizzards timelines are slipping. It's going to take time to copy the features from the other games too.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for 3-4 months lol. Maybe PTR in 9 months.

Yeah I did that, but you know, just like your favorite team (Detroit Lions/Tigers) you never want to give up on them. You hope the get it right. I don't know though.
    Judging by your threads over the past half a year or so you have been bashing Blizzard non stop with a pessimistic attitude. If Blizz is your favorite franchise I'd hate to see what you say about the franchises you don't like....

How do we know there is lack of depth in the MoP story yet? We don't know what it is.

How do we know the new talent system will suck? It isn't finished yet.

How do we know the Pet Mini System won't be like the steam tonks? Because they told us it wouldn't and specifically laid out details regarding it.

I don't really know what they could possibly do to arouse suspicion, everything they do they come out and say it plain as day...

You'll have to elaborate on that one. Timed dungeons and public quests are end-game? No villain means less story and less to do / less to care about...

As for lore, an island with level 90+'s was forgotten about. Wait, wouldn't someone have remembered or noticed that? Deep stuff...
    No. Cause they were obscure and disappeared 10,000 years ago. And a shitton of anyone who WOULD remember probably died off in the whole compound demon/civil war thing.

And levels don't mean anything when it comes to story.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2011-10-23 at 04:10 PM.

Blizzard just needs to know whatever they do to talents, there will always be a cookie cutter spec.

Blizzard was the greatest video game development company to every grace the earth (at least in my eyes),
    Well, there's your problem right there. The more unreasonable your expectations are, the more disappointed and/or angry you will be when your expectations are not met.

The lesson you should be learning isn't that Blizzard is a bad company or an evil company or a lazy company. They aren't any of those things, and never were. The real lesson is that when you expect perfection from an imperfect human institution — or worse, when you expect other people and the institutions they create to be projections or manifestations of your own ego rather than discrete, autonomous entities in their own right — you get exactly what you deserve in return: disappointment.

Your attitude towards Blizzard was not rational. It was quasi-religious. You lost faith, and now you don't know what to replace it with. But that's just what happens when you use something external to yourself as a tool for defining your identity. Too bad, so sad.
    Last edited by microtonal; 2011-10-23 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    Well, there's your problem right there. The more unreasonable your expectations are, the more disappointed and/or angry you will be when your expectations are not met.

The lesson isn't that Blizzard is a bad company or an evil company or a lazy company. They aren't any of those things, and never were. The lesson is that when you expect perfection from an imperfect human institution — or worse, when you expect other people and the institutions they create to be projections or manifestations of your own ego rather than discrete, autonomous entities in their own right — you get exactly what you deserve in return: disappointment.
    And thread over.

Seriously, take Blizzard for what it is, a company that delivers entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This is the worst argument so far against MoP. No villain doesn't mean anything at all besides the fact of having no main villain. The conflicts happening on Pandaria ARE the story.

Heck, it's even hypocrisy telling that when your sig is a SWToR sig, a game based on two sides fighting each other.
    The only thing I know is that end-game seems lacking, as of now. The conflicts on Pandaria are the story makes it sound like you are switching into quests and daily's now, instead of end-game.

As for anything being hypocritical, there was none implied, as I said the lore was lacking, not non-existant without a major antagonist. Do Pandarians have enemies? What two sides are you speaking of? Fill me in.

Deleted
    The only thing I know is that end-game seems lacking, as of now. The conflicts on Pandaria are the story makes it sound like you are switching into quests and daily's now, instead of end-game.

As for anything being hypocritical, there was none implied, as I said the lore was lacking, not non-existant without a major antagonist. Do Pandarians have enemies? What two sides are you speaking of? Fill me in.
    3 raids, 14 bosses, how is that switching?