Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    ofc it was just a marketing move

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You realize China won't get this expansion for several years yet after us?
    THIS, you do realize china is currently on a Wotlk patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    The only reason Blizzard created Mists of Pandaria was to save their sinking ship. Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries. To put it simple, Blizzard isn't solely surviving off of North American subs ..so they created Mists of Pandaria to appeal to the people from Asian countries. Blizzard is creating WoW for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore now and I wonder why... Mists of Pandaria.
    can you please link where you got the statistics of American Subs? I am quite curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You realize China won't get this expansion for several years yet after us?
    Did you know WoW Cata is world wide now... MoP will be world wide in less than a year after its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Was WOTLK made specifically for Scandinavian countries? Oh I get it now.
    Ya and BC was made to appeal to the martians. Everyone knows that.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god ! It's to do with asian culture! WOW IS DYING! THE GAME IS DEAD! NA IS NO LONGER THE MAJORITY!

jesus christ get a grip and see past this tinfoil hat bs and actually look at the features they are bringing in. They have some wonderful looking zones, talents redesigned, god knows what class changes will occur, new dungeon modes, new, HARDER raid difficulty for those people whining about it being too easy...For me, it looks like they're actually trying bloody hard to give people what they want but idiots like you find some way to try and shove it back in their face..

Quote Originally Posted by Girradda View Post
    No they aren't. At opening ceremony, Mike Morhaime said everyone around the world was on the same patch. They are fighting Rag with the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP the idea that a Chinese flavoured Asian expansion will be liked by people that are close in proximity to it is stupid. Imagine the English getting a French expansion, or the U.S. a latin american flavoured one, why on earth would that make them more interested they have long since on some levels disliked and mocked these cultures, why would they want to play in an exagerated form of their land?

WoW in other Asian countries won't be popular because of Mists

I'd wager you even more, I doubt this Mists expansion will be all that popular in China. I mean it's nice and all, but if you actually live in a certain country makes anything others might see as exotic and cool, as boring and bland, like "I get that here all the time, why would I play a game that has that too?"

I think the asian theme is a great addition to the game. Like the art development team said in their panel, it opens up for much more variety.

Keep Blizzard alive!?!?!?!. M( theyre still one of the biggets game companies. even if they loose 50% of there wow subscribers they would make 60 million dollars a month just from wow. /0 million dollars is more money then the total budget of alot of games. +they have dio3 comming out soon. And heart of the swarm Blizz is far from anything close to death.

The only reason Blizzard created Mists of Pandaria was to save their sinking ship. Only about 20% of WoW subs come from North America. Half of the subs come from Asia, and the rest are from Europe and other countries. To put it simple, Blizzard isn't solely surviving off of North American subs ..so they created Mists of Pandaria to appeal to the people from Asian countries. Blizzard is creating WoW for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore now and I wonder why... Mists of Pandaria.
    Rather arrogant statement your making about how WoW should be a game aimed only for Americans and not rest of the world.

Old Asian culture is interesting it has nice potential of creating interesting zones and the story of that area has almost zero lore behind it. This gives Blizzard as a company to explore new idea's and gives them freedom that they didn't have before when trying to create a story.

Deleted
    I don't think people are really thinking through the "asian themed so asians will love it!" argument. Although heavily influenced by asian cultures it's not a copy and paste of it all. Also people outside Asia still love the "asian feel", i'm from the UK and love asian culture and i think MoP looks fantastic. If you were raised with a certain culture and then saw a game expansion themed around it you'd most likely think "oh god people will assume we're all like this and sterotype the hell out of us even more". So please think a bit more before pulling this argument out

Also i'd be interested to see those figures on how many subs from which areas, not accusing you of lying but it's good to have some proof of that for refrence.

I mean claiming WoW is a sinking ship is already stupid, but claiming Blizzard as a company is going down hill? Right. SC2 and Diablo are certainly no-name, 0 profit products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I've finally gotten to the point of breaking my face onto a plank of wood studded with 12inch nails....

ITS NOT A MARKETING FLUKE, ITS NOT FAKE, ITS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE, ITS NOT A TROLL
    GET OUT OF DENIAL AND GET THE FUCK USED TO IT, ITS COMING EITHER PLAY OR DONT
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    OP the idea that a Chinese flavoured Asian expansion will be liked by people that are close in proximity to it is stupid. Imagine the English getting a French expansion, or the U.S. a latin american flavoured one, why on earth would that make them more interested they have long since on some levels disliked and mocked these cultures, why would they want to play in an exagerated form of their land?
    It's worse than that. Imagine the English getting an English expansion based entirely on American people's preconceptions about England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    Who cares!....you have 2 options..Play or quit. There are posts already about the QQ of this. Im sick of people complaining about the xpack cause its not to there liking.
    Who cares!....you have 2 options.. Have Blizzard make another expansion to replace this or quit. There are posts already about the QQ of this. Im sick of people liking the expansion.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

"Thanks for the topic. I forgot that Asian people are not human beings, and Europeans only half-people, and thus don't count, just like you, American."

I don't agree with this thread but you must not be a very literate person.

You completely missed the point of his claims. He wasn't saying "oh only 20% of the playerbase is the significant part" he was saying that North America simply isn't the majority of the playerbase and that Blizzard doesn't want to "cater" to the minority so they are going with a foreign theme.

Don't get me wrong, the OP is an imbecile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girradda View Post
    Cataclysm is out here in China. In fact, we have 4.2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodMcChuck View Post
    Making a Chinese cultural theme expansion doesn't appeal to China. Themes have to be exotic to draw attention, being PART of that culture takes away the luster.
    Mmm, I don't know, being from Scandinavia myself I found WoTLK to be quite interesting to say the least. This was by no means the selling point though.
    Last edited by mmocda71680e0c; 2011-10-23 at 04:59 PM.

I like my games to be in environments I dont see daily. I live in the south, so I like places with snow and winter environments or flat plain like areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
    It's worse than that. Imagine the English getting an English expansion based entirely on American people's preconceptions about England.
    Gilneas says sup homie
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE