Poll: More tanks?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just by the fact they exist, there will be more tanks. Some will roll them for DPS, be forced into tanking a few times when the tank dies in a PuG, and grow to like tanking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Just by the fact they exist, there will be more tanks. Some will roll them for DPS, be forced into tanking a few times when the tank dies in a PuG, and grow to like tanking.
    I'd also like to add that any Monk tanks that make it to level 80 and beyond will be more likely to stick with tanking more than the DK crowd did, since the class starts at level 1 as opposed to level 55.

Honestly I say no for the simple fact that we already have four classes that can be a fifth class wont change it. Most players play a dos class causethey don't want to be the one who has to be the main guy in the group or the guy who has to save ur buts with heals. So no I don't see a big increase maybe say 50 if that per server and out of that maybe 5-10 that actually know how to play it right

Deleted
    I personally doubt there will be more tanks. As far as I understand it Blizzard hoped there would be more tanks when they introduced the DK class (although this was not the only reason).

I could be wrong but I think a lot of people prefer usually 1 role over another. Yes I have a few dps chars and 1 tank, but there's nothing I like more than healing so I don't play my dps chars and tank as often. If I were to switch my main from priest to monk I would most likely be healing with it, not tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    Honestly I say no for the simple fact that we already have four classes that can be a fifth class wont change it. Most players play a dos class causethey don't want to be the one who has to be the main guy in the group or the guy who has to save ur buts with heals. So no I don't see a big increase maybe say 50 if that per server and out of that maybe 5-10 that actually know how to play it right
    Most people play a DPS class because 21 out of the 30 possible specs in the game are DPS.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Most people play a DPS class because 21 out of the 30 possible specs in the game are DPS.
    Well they do it because they dislike tanking. But many of them have never done tanking. If they roll a monk, have to tank when the real tank dies, and like it. Then we have a new tank potentially.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm sure it will increase the number of tanks a little bit. Whenever they introduce a new class that can tank you will see more tanks appear, but it won't be drastic. Monks will also be able to dps and heal, so can you assume that it will also bring more dps and healers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well they do it because they dislike tanking. But many of them have never done tanking. If they roll a monk, have to tank when the real tank dies, and like it. Then we have a new tank potentially.
    What if they simply dislike the class? If you enjoy tanking groups, but dislike Paladins, Warriors, Deathknights, and Druids, you're not going to be tanking.

Part of the reason DPS is so popular is that there are so many different ways to DPS in the game. Even healing is more diverse than tanking is, since Bear Druids resemble Warriors so much.