Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertoxxulous View Post
    This, it's very sad.
    It's not sad. You've been desensitized to things that don't pertain to you. Bravo for your compassion.

the joke was cute. the language was not.

People get too offended by stuff like this.. I don't quite understand it.. I've watched that video so many times over the years and laugh everytime but I'm also Horde lol.. But even then it would still be awesome.

This is how much emotion/hate horde and alliance should have against each other in the game..
    Last edited by ffcloud2000; 2011-10-26 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Damn...i gotta admit im feeling heavily ashamed for playing Alliance when i read this.
    The narrowminded bunch of people that cried about that should actually think about how much weight they put into the words of a guy that is the singer of a deathmetal band with some of the most brutal lyrics in modern (lets say not forbidden, censored or w/e kind of crap) music, while ->clearly<- joking around and probably beeing drunk.
    That guy wont give u any kind of "normal" answers if hes somehow asked to voice his opinion or his emotions about something, hes the god damn Corpsegrinder FFS.
    U guys really need to get a grip.
    Is ur selfesteem really that low? Are u really that emotinally unstable to be actually REALLY offended by something like that?
    Like if the majority (i know there are some who would still have complained anyways) of those guys would have even thought about crying if he would have said the same thing about the horde instead lol
    Things like that make me really worry about some people, seriously.

Lets just take the uncensored version of this, and replace every use of homo with n*gg*r, and gay with 'black' and see how well that goes over...

Yeah, they darn well better apologize, and more.

It was a gay-bashing homophobic rant, and somebody's head needs to roll over at Blizzard for letting it on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    It's not sad. You've been desensitized to things that don't pertain to you. Bravo for your compassion.
    Yes its sad, its a fucking word, and a video game, if it bothers you that much, you have mental problems.

Deleted
    It's amazing how some people can get 'offended' and start crying "hate speech" over someone ranting about a fictional faction!

That level of simpering, moaning 'political-correctness' makes me feel nauseous. Who cares if they are offended? They chose their faction and that 'Corpsegrinder' guy chose his. If they can't handle a few seconds of banter, albeit with strong conviction and sincerity (which bordered on weird!), they shouldn't be playing games with a community that is so divided by loyalty to different factions.

"If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.", as they say.

15+ Year Old Account
    fun fact: did you know that it's illegal to openly listen to, or go to a store and simply buy 7 of the up-to-now 13 Cannibal Corpse albums in Germany?
    and that one of those 7 is also *illegal to own* and storeowners got their stores raided so that the police can destroy every single CD in circulation?

that was the worst performance ever.. glad I missed them at previous blizzcons.. THey dont belong on stage!

Deleted
    Meh, it was just a little weird for a guy to come out on stage and essentially start calling Alliance players "f*cking emo c*cksuckers".

I wasn't offended by him or anything, but it was still a little weird to have him there screaming profanity and whatnot. Didn't quite fit with the rest (notice that Sam Didier doesn't curse once during the entire pre-show to Foo Fighters).

Can't believe anyone took that seriously... You all offend me for caring about stupid shit and not realising what a joke is. :|

And yes, I'm Alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's mind numbing that people get offended & upset about stuff like this. I'm alliance, and I didn't even think the thought that this was inappropriate. I wouldn't care even it wasn't a joke, "FUCK THE ALLIANCE!", yeah fuck the alliance who cares you're still bad bruw! Sissies, seriously.
    Last edited by Imbashiethz; 2011-10-26 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's illegal to do a lot of things in Germany. I'd be more surprised if they didn't burn them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    fun fact: did you know that it's illegal to openly listen to, or go to a store and simply buy 7 of the up-to-now 13 Cannibal Corpse albums in Germany?
    and that one of those 7 is also *illegal to own* and storeowners got their stores raided so that the police can destroy every single CD in circulation?
    I aint no fan of Cannibal Corpse in any way, I don't even think they should be called musicians, rather noiseproducers, but thats just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    And in Norway we would laugh our as off at something as rediculous as that. Different cultures. Home of Black Metal after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz View Post
    I think it's sad to see them being forced to appologize for something as silly as this. People get offended for anything these days. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    Me too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I aint no fan of Cannibal Corpse in any way, I don't even think they should be called musicians, rather noiseproducers, but thats just wrong.
    ignorance
    10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seraph1337 View Post
    I personally took no offense as I am not gay nor Alliance, but I didn't laugh either, because a dude just stringing profanities together isn't funny.
    Well I am gay and I found this extremely hilarious! This was all meant for the show and I enjoy nothing more but a good laugh.
    And please tell me why you'd start going "I found that so insulting for gay people! I'm not gay, though so I'm not offended". Want to be the better person here?

A message to everyone: stop being so overdramatically offended by just any random message. Last week another priest in the world said that gays are bad, etc etc.
    Do I feel offended? No. Why? Because I couln't be bothered about an old man and what he thinks. Yet he does deserve his freedom of speech. He did it in a calm and normal way. He expressed his feelings, he didn't emotionally or physically attack anyone by saying that.

Extremely sad that the band and Blizzard should appologise for this, even though it was SO obviously a hilariously good joke.

Guys really: don't be so serious over stuff that isn't serious. Jokes are meant to pull certain strings. Like when a comedian makes a certain statement that everyone thinks, but no one dares to say. That's the point of it being funny. But that doesn't mean that they mean it. And even if so: when the shit is funny, go nuts about it.

STOP BEING SO SERIOUS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, he NEVER SAID HOMO, watch the whole interview ffs, and get some basic media competence instead of ranting and involuntarily lying about just about everything just because someone else layed down a just so stupidly invented basis for your imagined argument. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c
    watch the whole seven minutes, he just uses "fucking", "cocksuckers" and "emo".
    he also ranted about bubble-hearth-pallies longer than about the rest of the alliance. and i remember watching this video back in 2008? i think, when it was rather fresh.. and myself, playing a paladin since release, laughed my ass off ^^

also, <3 dormin!

If people were calling for an apology for having to sit through 45 minutes of their "music" I might have understood. Thank god the Foo Fighters kicked so much ass you pretty much forgot ETC was even there after a few minutes.