Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't quite understand the mentality behind this mindset, especially from those who use a WoW related forums. Is it some kind of masochistic behaviour? Wanting to see something you blatantly take an interest and degree of enjoyment from die/suffer? Fair enough you can disagree with the current development but there's an awful lot of 'WHEN WILL WOW DIE" etc
    I've long since decided to 'dissect' this odd mentality, indeed, I've even named it. "Gollum Syndrome". Let me explain..

Remember Gollum's love/hate relationship with the One Ring? That he, while hating it for what it did to him, still felt addicted to it - so much that he wasted his life away in order to simply bask in his twisted addiction?

That's the people who whine about 'the end of WoW'. They've realized that they're addicted to the game, and rather than grow the willpower to quit on their own behest, they cling to their 'predictions', that the game will soon die, thus saving them from an addiction that they can't end on their own.

Granted it's not likely to be true for all the doomsayers out there, but I think that, really, quite a few of them suffer from the above - likely without realizing it themselves.

/freud'd

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    In December, all the complaints will just be a distant memory.

But until then, if you don't like reading others opinions about what they think is wrong or what needs to be improved, then you should just skip those threads. Everyone isn't enjoying Cataclysm, not everyone will enjoy MoP .. some will play a different game .. to each his or her own.
    The SW:ToR forums are that way --->

I'm a HUGE fan of Guild Wars 2, I feel like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I am honestly, getting very, very, very, tired of people with SW:ToR or GW2 signatures going around to WoW threads and posting negative comments to people that are still enjoying the game. Did they come and do this to OUR sub forums and post all this stuff about how our game will fail? Not usually, when they do they get infracted. Ok, lemme use a analogy I saw in someone siggy (replacing the word "religion" with MMO btw).

Having a MMO is like having a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please don't go waving it around in public.
    And please don't try and shove it down my throat.

I don't quite understand the mentality behind this mindset, especially from those who use a WoW related forums. Is it some kind of masochistic behaviour? Wanting to see something you blatantly take an interest and degree of enjoyment from die/suffer? Fair enough you can disagree with the current development but there's an awful lot of 'WHEN WILL WOW DIE" etc
    It works both ways. every time a new game is touted every wow boy comes out to proclaim "it won't kill wow, it'll be like all the others". It's as if it's some cathartic for the wow fan bois. that's the real question.

plus i think people like wow but are so upset about all of the blatant crap out of GC, and the developers. broken mechanics, bad specs, the worst pvp, rogues, mages, the grind, nothing but raiding. it all gets people upset because they'd like to play but it irks them.

my opinion of course, but my opinion is statistically proven 99.9999% of the time. that's 4 9's not just 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated offering constructive criticism and raging like a child are very different, besides Blizzard doesn't read MMO-C or other 3rd party forums
    I'm sure they do read them. In fact, I'm sure they post on them as well. Just not as "Blizzard employees".

And there's just as many raging fanboys on the official forums who will jump to Blizzard's defense every time someone has the slightest criticism as there are here. Probably more.
    I'd really like to get my Special Snowflake Feat of Strength now. Just because I'm special. - Scummer

I spend 15 times more time on forums than I did in previous expansions. I spare the same amount of time for personal time / gaming in my life. Actually I also play Starcraft too these days unlike the old days.

That means there is nothing to do in the game for my main character That never happened before. I'm quite sure a lot of posts are created here due to boredom. It's a paradox but if people are bored with the game they post negative.

I mean I'm almost fully geared, but I still look forward to wed nights so I can raid... for 2,5 hours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    I spend 15 times more time on forums than I did in previous expansions. I spare the same amount of time for personal time / gaming in my life. Actually I also play Starcraft too these days unlike the old days.

That means there is nothing to do in the game for my main character That never happened before. I'm quite sure a lot of posts are created here due to boredom. It's a paradox but if people are bored with the game they post negative.

I mean I'm almost fully geared, but I still look forward to wed nights so I can raid... for 2,5 hours!
    That's a good point. I never used to post on forums. Now a lot of days I don't even log onto WoW during my usual WoW-playing timeslot, I just look at forums instead. :/ Not to bash forums, I do enjoy them for their own merits, but I do think I'm more inclined to use them now than during previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    The SW:ToR forums are that way --->

I'm a HUGE fan of Guild Wars 2, I feel like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I am honestly, getting very, very, very, tired of people with SW:ToR or GW2 signatures going around to WoW threads and posting negative comments to people that are still enjoying the game. Did they come and do this to OUR sub forums and post all this stuff about how our game will fail? Not usually, when they do they get infracted.

<snip>
    Actually they often do... not here as still general forums are where most WoW fans hang out. But on the offical forums - Wow... I was quite surprised to see a lot of fanboys jumping up there taunting ToR/GW2 saying they're going to die and can't hold out against WoW, ect...

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Yep and they're gonna do that with...KUNG-FU PANDAS!

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    Yeah, as much as I like MoP/Pandaria, even I got to admit that Blizz is going to have a tough time trying to combat Skyrim, ToR, GW2, Diablo 3, and Mass Effect 3 with Kung-Fu Pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    The important thing to remember is that the people being negative both here and on the official Blizzard forums are the vocal minority, and don't represent the playerbase as a whole.

When you have two thousand chickens in a barn and only 5 are clucking, they stand out all the more for the silence.
    Perhaps until you walk in one day and find they are the only ones left.

My Theory is that that "Obnoxious Minority" is waiting to be heard. Something is actually wrong. Something is killing the game like a fox in the hen house. And if left ignored those 5 chickens will go silent. The "Silent Majority" most likely dead already.

*Also 1 million players leaving isn't close to approximating 5 in 2,000