Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Use demon armor -> Profit, took me two wipes and roughly twenty minutes to kill him

10+ Year Old Account
    Still wondering about this pet bugging everyone mentions because I was able to have my felhunter attack the entire time.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Just respec and burn him down as big, horny demon. It's easiest way, trust me.

Deleted
    I had to respec to Affliction. Had to have spent 48 hours straight of wipes before getting him down. Spent like 5K in pots, elixers, flasks, wipes, etc. Was a pain for warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    I used Aff spec for it. CoTongues, Spell Lock pretty much on cooldown to interrupt his bolts and especially Devour Magic any of his health regens.
    These days I'd probably just Demon burn him as well.
    You should be able to do that, I guess. With Moonwell Chalice, Doomguard, Demon Soul: FelGuard, FelPup devour and Metamorphosis nuke.
    But back in the days this wasn't possible.

Affliction drain was the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    i tried with my PvE affliction spec like 7 times till i got mad and respecced to Demo and just nuked it down.

still was using the felpup to dispell/interupt, but it went well.

i 1 shot it after that.

gl !
    ok...

I see ALOT of comment like this about demo making this easy . I also watched the youtube video of the lock that downed him in 60 secs .

for some reason - I just can't do it!

I can pull anywhere from 27K-45K on bosses (depends on fight) as demo , yet on this particular one I pull like 17K . needless to say thyrinar isn't dying fast enough and then things get ugly for me .

boss is wiping me for 5 straight days now and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong .

I pre-pot , spelllock the first spell , pop everything and DG on proc , use SB healthstone and outside buffs , have my pet on passive with adds macro and dispell/spell lock macro, reforeged all my hit to mastery/crit and nothing . I'm also in 376 pve gear .

I'm getting realy frustrated about this quest , especially knowing how easy it is for other casters .

I would have go affi but I couldn't play affi if my life depends on it . max dps I did as affi was 17K on a dummy (vs. 38K as demo) .

<end of QQ >

I tell you something ...i´m sure that you don´t dispell the ´´shield´´ from boss fast enough/ or not at all .. this ´´boss´´ is really easy to solo ...

I was scared of him too , because i read comments like yours ... but when i got to him .. it was no problem at all ..

Keep trying ^^ or maybe switch to affli .

I actually felt like affliction was much easier. Maybe that's because I could heal through the damage I wasn't interrupting because I was too lazy to remove my petattack macros....

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    ok...

I see ALOT of comment like this about demo making this easy . I also watched the youtube video of the lock that downed him in 60 secs .

for some reason - I just can't do it!

I can pull anywhere from 27K-45K on bosses (depends on fight) as demo , yet on this particular one I pull like 17K . needless to say thyrinar isn't dying fast enough and then things get ugly for me .

boss is wiping me for 5 straight days now and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong .

I pre-pot , spelllock the first spell , pop everything and DG on proc , use SB healthstone and outside buffs , have my pet on passive with adds macro and dispell/spell lock macro, reforeged all my hit to mastery/crit and nothing . I'm also in 376 pve gear .

I'm getting realy frustrated about this quest , especially knowing how easy it is for other casters .

I would have go affi but I couldn't play affi if my life depends on it . max dps I did as affi was 17K on a dummy (vs. 38K as demo) .

<end of QQ >
    finaly got him today (as demo) . it wasn't pretty but I got it .

the key (at least for me) was to understand that when tarecgosa say :"avoid his flames at all cost" you allready got hit for 60K...
    what I did is starting to run in wide circles as soon as I saw thyrinar heading for the exterior . that way I could avoide the primal breath hit and downed him after 2 wipes .

also , I used drainlife as my ONLY filler . just kept DoTs up ,DG and drained through all the bolts I couldn't spell lock .

After MANY wipes on this (the last one at 1.5% OUCH ) I got this down this week. Having to respec to Aff, a spec I've never used, didn't do me any favours.
    I cannot recommend this guide and the youtube guide linked there highly enough.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8901110?page=1

Shame it's 4.3 starting this week, after which my guild's firelands raids will be on the backburner but after this boss I can be more than patient waiting to gather cinders/essences lol.
    Good luck guys, hope the guide helps you as much as it did me.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.