Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    guild perks are just that, perks. They don't make your gaming experience any better. The bonus' are barely noticable. I've level'd a few characters in 25 guilds and a few with no guild and it took about the same amount of time. It depends entirely on how you play. And if your bored off your ass then that is your problem and something that you should look into improving, don't expect Blizzard to do it for you.

How anybody can be bored in this game is beyond me. If you don't have a level 85 of each class and/or race then there is no reason to be bored. If you aren't capped on achievements then there is no reason to be bored. If you don't like leveling characters, doing quests, pvping, getting achievemnts, doing dailys, then you should ask yourself why you bother to even log onto a game that is about leveling characters, doing quests, pvping, getting achievements and doing dailys.
    It's not the first time I read this kind of misguided arguments. Not all people enjoy the same things.

Myself I'm mostly interested in PvP, have all chars at 82+ with 6 at 85 fully pvp geared in the BG gear and I like BGs but I don't like arenas. What's the point in gearing up the few remaining chars I have left with a new PvP grind in BGs? Been there done that over and over.
    Achievements have always bored the hell out of me so that doesn't interest me at all. I raided in Lich as a tank and I enjoyed it but I hate the changes to tanking and raiding in Cata so that doesn't interest me anymore. Mounts, pets, vanity stuff? Never been much interested in that, especially not after the first few mounts, titles and so on.

Questing? With all chars above 82+ I've done them way too many times and dailys are just an artificial time sink designed to make people go insane in order to get stuff I don't want as I wrote above.
    Now then, tell me what I'm supposed to do in Cata? That's right, nothing and that's why I froze my account for 4 months after 4.1 and froze it again now, the game is just to linear for me at this point.

What I DID enjoy in Vanilla, TBC and for the most parts in Lich was:

PvP

Much more fun in PvP since the balance overall was better, no dumbed down BGs, old AV (need I say more?), no cry babies who destroy all that are fun about the old classic BGs, many more options in speccing your char for PvP. World PvP and world PvP, hey did I mention world PvP? Ganking wars when leveling, having to constantly watch my back and all that sort of fun stuff. Having to work hard for good gear and PvP titles really meant something other than "hey, I took part in a BG". Skill was overall more important than gear and broken class mechanics. Back then I could regularly out play many players that out geared me because of constant practicing and being PvP focused even in Vanilla where there was no resilience. Now you can just forget about doing well with certain nerfed classes and playing the OP ones require almost no skill at all.

PvE

Much slower and more fun leveling with dungeons being a challenge and not the "hey I dinged 4 times during this dungeon" express we find in Cata. Fun and easy going raiding (in Lich) as an alternative to my PvP activity. Quest hubs with A LOT of world PvP as a result and not the care bear solutions Blizz have implemented now. World events, outdoor bosses etc, etc and much, much better designed dungeons. PvE in Cata is just a snore fest to me.
    The overall epic feeling and awesome experience I had in Vanilla, TBC and to a large part in Lich is totally lacking in Cata, two new races with the same old crap? Yawn, homogenizing of classes, roles and specs? Yawn, same old classes being op and the same old classes being nerfed? Yawn.

I can go on and on but I think you see by now that not all of us are interested in endless pet collecting, achievement hunting or crafting for its own sake.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2011-10-29 at 09:08 AM.

I'm surprised such a fruitless argument survived 11 pages. Surprised and disappointed.

Amusing observation from my point of view: It's nearly always a veteran player complaining about the current expansion. Here's a hint. That isn't a coincidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'm surprised such a fruitless argument survived 11 pages. Surprised and disappointed.

Amusing observation from my point of view: It's nearly always a veteran player complaining about the current expansion. Here's a hint. That isn't a coincidence.
    What can you say.. im honestly pissed that Blizzard has to fix the easiest problems after each expansion instead of fixing them on every patch, such as fixing broken spells. Its starting to piss me off.

MoP is that example. Fixing all problems, as usual, in every expansion, but cool, new problems arrive. Will Blizzard actually FIX broken spells that can make more specs viable for PvE/PvP or will they wait till all the players problems get fixed in the next expansion propably arriving at the end of 2013?

Yes, WOTLK starters havent seen this yet, i dont think they will cause most players starting at WOTLK seems to just enjoy raiding and thats not much of a problem.. almost every aspect of problems comes when you PvP or cant play 3-4 hours straight.

Deleted
    So far the expansions have got worse and worse, but I am more hopeful about MoP then I was about Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarez View Post
    So far the expansions have got worse and worse, but I am more hopeful about MoP then I was about Cataclysm.
    Yes, lets hope it wont turn into another Cataclysm.

Lets hope they will still keep Pandarens neutral.

Lets hope they wont remove any BG.

Lets hope they still wants us to hit 90 to fly.

Lets hope the alliance VS war = not raid.

Lets hope Monk class doesnt feel completely like a Death Knight.

Lets hope Blizzard actually tries making crap spells viable every patch.

Theres always hope.

Deleted
    I agree with u, and what blizzard dont gets is that people attended in Blizzcon are the fanbase that loves wow even if u destroy it... They will always say good words etc.. Someone that is dissapointed from wow wont come to ur blizzcon and pay money to see whats next. he will just sometime join mmo-champion to check how wow is doing and if it is worth it to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by sarez View Post
    This is really damning with faint praise.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I quit playing out of frustration. I got up to 85 playing 2-3 hours per night (consider myself a casual), got into 5 mans and they took 2-3 hours. Even guild runs took an hour or more. I realize this would have gotten better with better gear, but I had gotten used to being able to run an instance in 30-40 mins, taking a break to help put my son to bed or take care of other matters. The new heroic model required an seemingly indefinite time commitment that i just couldn't make. I'm ok with things being difficult, but the sheer length of some of the new dungeons was crazy IMO. They went from one extreme to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrid View Post
    I quit playing out of frustration. I got up to 85 playing 2-3 hours per night (consider myself a casual), got into 5 mans and they took 2-3 hours. Even guild runs took an hour or more. I realize this would have gotten better with better gear, but I had gotten used to being able to run an instance in 30-40 mins, taking a break to help put my son to bed or take care of other matters. The new heroic model required an seemingly indefinite time commitment that i just couldn't make. I'm ok with things being difficult, but the sheer length of some of the new dungeons was crazy IMO. They went from one extreme to another.
    Tbh i dont like the difficulty in 5 mans anyways, let the difficulty be in your hardmodes. That way i can do heroic 5 mans in 30-40 mins, normal raids in 2 hours and actually get stuff done. Im not interested in wiping on bosses for hours at time, let me just get in there get my loot for the week and get out.

Cata was a failure for me, i played the first two months and quit after heroics were taking 3 hours to do. Came back in july and heroics still take an hour+, they obviously didnt fix it and at this point its too late.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

The fact is, cataclysm pissed off the entire player base:
    Except for me, huzzah!

- Made heroics too hard for bads and too long for casuals
    Some of them were just right, some of them were boring.
    - Lack of heroics for variety
    Proper in words for order sense not sentence that make.
    - Dual lockouts so now raiders got half the things to do and 25man raiding got that much more unpopular
    All the top guilds still ran 25 man raids. All the casual guilds still mostly ran 10 man raids. Nothing effectively changed.
    - Community went into a vacuum without the necessity for smaller guilds to pair up for 25man content i.e. less
    server socializing
    This happened before?
    - Smaller guilds were also eclipsed by guild levels as larger ones had it a lot easier gaining levels; most
    players just want to join high level guilds
    I'm in a small guild, we levelled nearly as fast as the big guilds.
    - The end game was not expanded upon/compensated for the increase in downtime
    Has it ever been?
    - People stuck in cities waiting on instances 90% of the time without the above to alleviate
    In Vanilla, TBC, and most of Wrath people spent 90% of their time recruiting for instances and then flying to them. So pick your poison.
    - Mixed feelings about linear questing but phasing turned it from an MMO into a single player RPG
    Perhaps because 99.999999999% of players do their quests solo.
    - 1-84 has no significant learning curves because it's far too easy, dinging 85 with a lot of fresh noobitards,
    ruining most vets playing time
    There never has been a learning curve to leveling. Even in Vanilla you could just run around killing mobs. How does somebody else being level 85 ruin your playing time? (although if you were a "vet" you would probably realize there is absolutely no validity to anything you've said in this post. Anybody who says "LULZ I AGREE" also has their head up their rear. ) If you don't like dungeon finder, don't use it. If you don't like the quality of pugs go join a raiding guild. There are lots of people who will actually form steady groups to do random dungeons with, you don't actually have to have a random group to use dungeon finder. Just like how my guild plans to form a 25 man premade for LFR when 4.3 goes live.

I could go on, what do you think?
    I think this post is 0% valid.

EDIT: Well actually I do appreciate the fact that you differentiate between casuals and bads.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2011-10-29 at 05:18 PM.

not a failure

just not much content. pve mechanics and difficulty are fine imo (except nerfs). its just the low number of zones, terrible pvp, archaeology being a flop etc

obviously a very large amount of dev time went into redoing classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Yes, I did. TBC released with absolutely broken raids. Karazhan epics were occasionally worse than blue quest gear. That's idiotic. The jump from 10 to 25 was broken. Whoever thought that up should never work in the game business again because it doesn't even make sense in any sort of way. T5 had two absolutely horrendously ugly raids with boring fights. T6 was ok... but it lasted for over a year. That was retarded. Sunwell was far too overtuned. TBC 5 mans are also the worst in the series by far. TBC had dull questing, dull zones... TBC was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

WotLK, however, was so bad that I quit the game for 8 months of WotLK. Naxx was a terrible raid in Vanilla, it was ever worse at level 80. ICC was around FAR too long. The questing, while better than TBC, was still nowhere NEARLY as good as Cata questing.

Every single aspect of Cata is dramatically superior to the previous expansions. Better 5 mans, better questing, better zones, more balanced and fun PVP, better raiding, faster patches, and so on. Cata is easily the best WoW has been and then some.
    nice to see people dont hold on to nostalgia and actually see bc/wrath/vanila with how it actually was

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

You still couldn't resist posting