Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

I want epics to be epic again

I remember standing in Orgrimmar seeing people with an Epic weapon and I always thought " They must be really good to have that" Yet when I stand In orgrimmar today I see almost 90% of the 85's in full Epics and it just feels normal not really "EPIC". The only time I get that feeling is when I see someone with the currents tier Legendary, for example Dragonwrath. Even though I have like 10 people with Dragonwrath on my server.

Dungeons should drop BLUE's, period.
    Raids should be more difficult and loot should be harder to achieve.
    Quests shouldn't hand over Epics ( Molten Front for example just hands you ilvl 365 Epics)

Does anyone agree?
    Playing since 2007.

this was back in the golden days. you should forget about this since this will never ever happen again.
    however epics are the new blues.. legendarys are the new epics.

this again? sorry but this topic have been brought up ten billion times and each one have ended in a locked flamefest.. "hard" to get epics are a thing of the past period.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2011-10-29 at 07:03 PM. Reason: missed a few words._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic is just a color (purple). It doesn't matter.

Those who perform the best will have the best - full heroic gear, lengendaries, and achievements to show off. Those who do well will have some heroics/regular raid gear, and those who don't like to raid or just raid earlier tiers will have older gear.

I look at it this way: I worry about my own raid team and myself. I enjoy raiding for them and the fun of downing a boss, getting a shiny upgrade, and the camaraderie. I don't care about other people I don't know and what they're wearing. It matters nothing to me.

Giving gear from dailies (which actually takes a lot of time investment), and running dungeons is just another way of getting lower-than-raid-level gear for those with limited time. It gives choices and allows people to do what they want, rather than being forced into one mold. I like it.

Wait till the start of MoP. Epics will be epic for a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Epic is just a color (purple). It doesn't matter.

Those who perform the best will have the best - full heroic gear, lengendaries, and achievements to show off. Those who do well will have some heroics/regular raid gear, and those who don't like to raid or just raid earlier tiers will have older gear.

I look at it this way: I worry about my own raid team and myself. I enjoy raiding for them and the fun of downing a boss, getting a shiny upgrade, and the camaraderie. I don't care about other people I don't know and what they're wearing. It matters nothing to me.

Giving gear from dailies (which actually takes a lot of time investment), and running dungeons is just another way of getting lower-than-raid-level gear for those with limited time. It gives choices and allows people to do what they want, rather than being forced into one mold. I like it.
    I just don't think a quest should give better gear than doing a Raid ( An Ilvl 365 item is better than the older raids which give 359 only )
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I just don't think a quest should give better gear than doing a Raid ( An Ilvl 365 item is better than the older raids which give 359 only )
    You just finished your own statement. Older raid.

That's like saying that current quests shouldn't give any gear that beats MC or BWL gear. After all, they're older raids, too. No, once the content moves past that, once the general populace and story moves away from the older raids (T13, for instance), then it's only fair that dungeons and dailies start giving gear that moves past them, as well.

i wish they'd make all epics have blue names just so we could hear people cry about how they want more epics

" They must be really good to have that"
    because gear equals skill right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's like saying that current quests shouldn't give any gear that beats MC or BWL gear.
    Acutally, no it's not. He compared older Raids of Cataclysm to quests of Cataclysm, saying that the quests should not give better epics than a raid. And he's right. Why should I get a better gear for doing easy dailies than working together with 24 other people to take down Nef?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    i wish they'd make all epics have blue names just so we could hear people cry about how they want more epics
    or they could just say "we know alot of people who play this game only raid to get gear,but guess what.none of the bosses drop any loot anymore,have fun raiding for other reasons now besides the epic purples"

The real epics = hard-mode loot and legendaries. Take off your rose colored goggles.

Deleted
    Nobody has thought EPIC = ACHIEVEMENT since 2006...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I remember standing in Orgrimmar seeing people with an Epic weapon and I always thought " They must be really good to have that" Yet when I stand In orgrimmar today I see almost 90% of the 85's in full Epics and it just feels normal not really "EPIC". The only time I get that feeling is when I see someone with the currents tier Legendary, for example Dragonwrath. Even though I have like 10 people with Dragonwrath on my server.

Dungeons should drop BLUE's, period.
    Raids should be more difficult and loot should be harder to achieve.
    Quests shouldn't hand over Epics ( Molten Front for example just hands you ilvl 365 Epics)

Does anyone agree?
    You'd have to design a system to replace the current one that doesn't lose customers.

Oh wait,

you can't.

Hell yes.

Unfortunately that wouldn't make good business sense.

People nowadays want games to be easy and not frustrating. They want their stuff and want it NOW. They want their shiny thing. They come from Nintendo and Xbox where it's easy and simple and plug and play and off you go and DING! every minute, and if you die it's instant respawn.

Blizzard has to make money so they have to give candy to people. There's your explosion in Epics For Everyone, flying mounts, bigger flying mounts, shinier flying mounts and bigger shinier flying mounts.

Legendary is the new Epic.

*shrug*

the new "Epics" is the top ilvl tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will
    Never
    Happen
    Again

Goodbye.

Deleted
    I'm more concerned with stats and appearance than what colour font it's name in

What other's have said. "Epic" doesn't mean "epic" anymore... "Epic" = [Item Statistics > iLevel Base Statistics X character useable level]

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looked at other, more difficult, games? I know that Rift is a fair amount like WoW Vanilla... you could try that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water