Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier

After the comments from Mighty Mouse about not fighting Dillashaw unless it is a stacked card, and given that the title fight will be a 2 belt, weight change fight....I think we can expect Johnson vs. Dillashaw as the co-main event.
    BAD WOLF

Wait. DC is moving up to Heavyweight for the fight?! He's gonna get fucked up.

as bulky as dc is, how he gets winded now... this isn't gonna be much of a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC has won a MMA contest where he was subbing for someone in a heavy weight Grand Prix. Joe brings it up all the time on JRE.

https://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/20/3...l-cormier-wins

Btw there's a Fight Night tonight. Once again, it seems every Saturday the UFC is planning a fight night or UFC ###.

http://m.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-nig...anuary-27-2018

Card looks weak I think but maybe I'll try to turn my TV onto the channel to watch it. It's actually on Fox at 8 PM, pretty early.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Btw there's a Fight Night tonight. Once again, it seems every Saturday the UFC is planning a fight night or UFC ###.

http://m.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-nig...anuary-27-2018

Card looks weak I think but maybe I'll try to turn my TV onto the channel to watch it. It's actually on Fox at 8 PM, pretty early.
    ah, i gotta tune in for the prelims at 5.

i honestly don't really care that much about names. i just want to see people beat the fuck out of each other.

like, there's some names i definitely am glad to hear enter the octagon. but ultimately i just like watching fighting.

i wanna see that marlon moraes fight again. that little mofo looks like a mix of frieza and one punch man and he's badass.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ah, i gotta tune in for the prelims at 5.

i honestly don't really care that much about names. i just want to see people beat the fuck out of each other.

like, there's some names i definitely am glad to hear enter the octagon. but ultimately i just like watching fighting.

i wanna see that marlon moraes fight again. that little mofo looks like a mix of frieza and one punch man and he's badass.
    Idk why you only watch prelims. This one is on Fox, not even PPV.

But yeah, I love sending two trained martial artists into a ring to make them try to inflict violence each other. I feel like a rich white land owner during slave days. (Jk on many levels.)

Idk why you only watch prelims. This one is on Fox, not even PPV.

But yeah, I love sending two trained martial artists into a ring to make them try to inflict violence each other. I feel like a rich white land owner during slave days. (Jk on many levels.)
    oh, i watch the main fight too if it's free.

i watch both whenever i can.

I think that was a good stop that prevented injury. The guy kept falling like a bitch and was obviously going to get fucked up. If that other guy wanted, he could've rushed and went for some real violent punching, but he was cautious because he expected the ref to end it.

Good call by ref, even though it did seem early. I WANT MORE BLOOD NEXT TIME.

lol, this fighting happened in my state, and all the natives lost.

i didn't catch the last fight, fell asleep during the co-main event. but i saw the end of it on the news like literally right as i was waking up.

in the prelims, i didn't feel that korean girl won. maybe in the first round, and she did pick it up towards the later half the last round. but idk, i just feel the other girl had it.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-01-28 at 11:47 AM.

Tonight's a Fight Night. Machida vs. Anders. Prelims are on FS2 starting at 8. 10 PM is the Main Card on FS1.

I suppose I can tune my TV into the fight during fight time, but no promises. I definitely won't pay attention.

- - - Updated - - -

UFC 221 is next week. Thoughts on the quality? http://m.ufc.com/event/UFC-221

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit there was a woman referee and she was WAYYY too tiny to stop these hot blooded fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

This main fight is pretty gay. This guy was on the floor for literally like 3 minutes and the other guy hovered over him not letting him get up. BORING.

my girl shevchenko, that was just brutal. i bet that ref's gonna get fired.

also, the machida fight was ok, but there was too much inaction.

anthony smith... holy christ that is one ugly individual. i could see him coming out of a fight prettier than when he went in. blegh.

i wish i would have caught this earlier. i've been so busy leveling in wow, i haven't really thought of much else.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

UFC 221 is next week. Thoughts on the quality? http://m.ufc.com/event/UFC-221
    Much like ufc 220, outside of the main events, the card barely qualifies for a ppv.

Deleted
    Cool that DС won
    Last edited by mmoc0ec7270b73; 2018-02-07 at 05:08 PM. Reason: edit

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I just got an email saying that UFC 223 will be in Brooklyn and I got offered a presale.

Like...the cheapest seats way in the back are $67.50. Which isn't a lot of money, but to be honest UFC is one of those things where if you're not ringside, then you might as well watch from home. I think I'd really miss commentary + multiple angles. It'd suck to actually see it live. (I saw someone's phone recording of a UFC on youtube, and even Bruce Buffer yelling into the microphone is just like some background noise. It's not like at home where that shit gets blasted into your speakers directly.)

I think I'll pass. If DC or McGregor or Miocic were the main card....then I'd likely go just to go. But this card...As much as I want to see Rose and JJ, the men's fight looks meh.

Alright UFC 221 is soon. I tuned my TV to the channel for the prelims. I have laptop setup so I'll stream the main card to my TV when it's time in 1h48m.

I semi know Israel Adesanya irl, hes a promising fighter

The stream on my TV (AKA, my old laptop plugged in to an HDMI cord to my TV) could not be higher quality or fit the screen as perfectly. This is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

I was really rooting for this Tyson Pedro guy. I'm glad he won.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I like thi

HE SAID HE'S GOING HOME TO MAKE LOVE TO HIS WIFE LUL.

- - - Updated - - -

This fat kid won.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark Hunt has hype around his name but I don't see a reason to like him. I'm sort of rooting against him.

GO CURTIS BLAYDES.

Oh wait Mark Hunt is fucking 43 years old. Nvm. GO HUNT.

- - - Updated - - -

This nigga's name is "soldier of god"? Wtf lol. BOOOOOOOOOOOO we're rooting for that other guy.

- - - Updated - - -

GO ROCKHOLD@@@@@@@@ BEAT THIS LOSER BELIEVER.!! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Damn this guy won.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg this mofo literally just said "why am I here? Because god wanted me to be here".

Fuck I wanted him to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that UFC was a'ight. Not gr8. Not great by any means.

THIS NIGGA IS STILL THANKING GOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmmmmmmm he said that Dana pushed him and went into the sauna with this guy to make him go harder.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love how everytime Rockhold loses it's just the most brutal knockout. Such a dickhead lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Love how everytime Rockhold loses it's just the most brutal knockout. Such a dickhead lol.
    Yeah, exactly. He is just a guy you love to see lose, such a smug asshole.

Bisping knocking his ass out and screaming "FUCK YOU!" while pointing at him is still one of my favourite moments, haha.