Thread: The UFC Thread

We've seen grappliers and wrestlers recently take out strikers like Pearson, Sage and Machida a lot lately, you'd think they'd just pair them up more so we can get those more highlight reel fights. This fight can be that fight, cuz Diaz can bang with anyone. I'd be sad, if he got Rekt in round 1. I just don't think McGregor can bang for 5, which is what he will have to do vs Lawler... but it's what should have happened vs Aldo and to a lesser extent, Mendes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I don't think either of the Diaz brothers are "highlight reel" -material. Both of their fighting styles are like long-armed chimps throwing ugly punches constantly. Yeah, their jutsu is sufficient to take someone out and they can definitely take a punishment, but they're not flashy fighters. Then again, depends on what you consider a highlight reel match.

Both Conor and Nate have said they respect the other one enough to the point that I don't feel that the antics between them are necessarily genuine; moreso selling a fight than anything.

If Conor wants to make a run at 170 I don't think he'll get far. The guys he'll be fighting obviously cut to make that weight, so they'll be much larger than Conor on fight day.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2016-03-04 at 07:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    We've seen grappliers and wrestlers recently take out strikers like Pearson, Sage and Machida a lot lately, you'd think they'd just pair them up more so we can get those more highlight reel fights. This fight can be that fight, cuz Diaz can bang with anyone. I'd be sad, if he got Rekt in round 1. I just don't think McGregor can bang for 5, which is what he will have to do vs Lawler... but it's what should have happened vs Aldo and to a lesser extent, Mendes.
    No one beats round 5 Robbie these days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Both Conor and Nate have said they respect the other one enough to the point that I don't feel that the antics between them are necessarily genuine; moreso selling a fight than anything.

If Conor wants to make a run at 170 I don't think he'll get far. The guys he'll be fighting obviously cut to make that weight, so they'll be much larger than Conor on fight day.
    Can't imagine how bad a fight would be vs Rory for Conner. I'd say he has a better chance against Lawler than he does anyone at WW excluding maybe Condit?

Deleted
    McGregor has impressive knockout power for such a tiny size. The weight classes he's been fighting in aren't known for seeing finishes as often as the higher ones. McGregor, though, has 17 KOs and TKOs out of 19 wins, and one armbar, with only one going to judges. He also looks fine at his new size.

I suppose we'll know more after tomorrow, but I have no doubt he can do fine against a bit bigger opponents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Having said that, he has gone through a bit of a transformation for how scrawny he used to be;

You know what...bulkier McGregor is kinda working for me. Sexy guy if you don't focus on that abomination on his chest.

That's about the nicest thing I can say about him. Still not fan of his antics. Too trashy for my taste. Don't care how this fight goes though Nate (Nick?) winning would be interesting.

I'm tuning in for Holm vs Tate. Rooting for Holm. I'm liking everything about her. A refreshing champ after mean girl Ronda.

Haven't been so excited for a UFC in a while, can't wait for tonight

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it seems like clowning around will get even McGregor. He was clearly the better fighter in all of their exchanges and just pulled a silva and then got stunned. He never recovered. Uggh. Not like this.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was not the result I was hoping for.

Stockton, motherfuckers!! Now go back to 145 and lose to Frankie Edgar.

close enough lol. Shouldve bet I always say I will but never do. Fuck me

After that 4th round w/ Holm I legitimately thought Tate was going to retire after the bout...welp...guess not.

UFC has so many upsets. It's always just a matter of time before the next big thing becomes the next big flop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    After that 4th round w/ Holm I legitimately thought Tate was going to retire after the bout...welp...guess not.
    Sadly Ronda will wreck Miehas face in 2 minutes. Watched Ultimate fighter with Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate few years ago and enjoyed every minute of it! Anyway... there will be 3rd bout, and... here we are again... Ronda vs Holy v.2.0.
    And finally... STOCKTON, MOTHERFUCKERS!! Diaz brothers for El Presidento! I'm drunk and happy! Yay!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy smokes what a couple of great main event fights

It really is a shame that main event didn't go on longer. Would easily have been fight of the year and possibly gone down as one of the greatest fights of all time. Maybe we can see them do it at 155 where both of them will definitely look better regardless.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    It really is a shame that main event didn't go on longer. Would easily have been fight of the year and possibly gone down as one of the greatest fights of all time. Maybe we can see them do it at 155 where both of them will definitely look better regardless.
    I honestly think Nate deserves a shot at RDA over Conor now although I'd be down to see them go at it at 155.

edit: McGregor just hinted at his next fight being @ 145

ahahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I honestly think Nate deserves a shot at RDA over Conor now although I'd be down to see them go at it at 155.

edit: McGregor just hinted at his next fight being @ 145
    I don't think there was much of a question that his next fight would be @ 145. The only reason this fight was a thing is because RDA fell out and he still needs to defend the 145 belt before summer. With that said I don't think this fight should be taken seriously in terms of long term implications. The media will spin it but this was a last minute fight 2 weight classes above where he normally fights and even 1 above where he trained to fight. I definitely don't see him doing what he does at 145 over at the 170 division just because they are too big but he still poses a very real thread to RDA. Also, RDA isn't going to do what Nate did. Nate fights with almost zero regard for his body and that's one of the reasons fans love him. RDA is a far more conservative fighter...well...everyone is a more conservative fighter than the Diaz brothers...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering what 200 is gonna be then. Likely Conor v Frankie, Holm v Rousey, and Robbie v anyone? That's what I'd want to see tbh