Poll: How do you think we should get to pandaria?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Blizzard has SAID at Blizzcon that we're going to be in a naval battle, get blown off the ship, and wash up on the shores of Pandaria.
    Ok first off they did say this, but they didnt state it would be our toons in this naval battle. They just said that this is how it will be discovered. So its not guaranteed we will actually get to see this naval battle, but I am hoping we do. You bring up a point though it wont have to do with airships.

We did not crash on Pandaria ... Pandaria crashed on us!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    We did not crash on Pandaria ... Pandaria crashed on us!
    Lawl what..

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Lawl what..
    http://thinkexist.com/quotation/we_d...nd/338109.html
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Ahh... kk Panda X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Ok first off they did say this, but they didnt state it would be our toons in this naval battle. They just said that this is how it will be discovered. So its not guaranteed we will actually get to see this naval battle, but I am hoping we do. You bring up a point though it wont have to do with airships.
    Just listened to the intro panel video again, but he specifically states that you are going to wash up after the battle Video set to start at the part where he says it

This leads me to believe that WE actually start there after washing up, and that we will also be part of the awesomesauce Naval battle that preceeds it

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    and that we will also be part of the awesomesauce Naval battle that preceeds it
    The question on the table is still whether or not we participate in it (a la Lootship Battle in ICC) or if it's just a cutscene.

Just listened to the intro panel video again, but he specifically states that you are going to wash up after the battle Video set to start at the part where he says it

This leads me to believe that WE actually start there after washing up, and that we will also be part of the awesomesauce Naval battle that preceeds it
    All I have to say is "Hell yea"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The question on the table is still whether or not we participate in it (a la Lootship Battle in ICC) or if it's just a cutscene.
    THAT is the 1.000.000 $ question. My hope and guess is that Blizz won't take away our chance to be part of this.

Just make it a bit of a questchain where you do 2 or 3 quests after a simple get-on-the-ship quest: 1 where you fire a canon at other ships ( like in the TB daily ) and 1 where you fight guys that board your ship, and then 1 where you go on the other ship and try to kill a general of theirs (or admiral more like with a naval battle) and then just when you return to your ship KABOOM you explode, black out and next thing you know you are washed up on Pandarian shores

THAT is the 1.000.000 $ question. My hope and guess is that Blizz won't take away our chance to be part of this.

Just make it a bit of a questchain where you do 2 or 3 quests after a simple get-on-the-ship quest: 1 where you fire a canon at other ships ( like in the TB daily ) and 1 where you fight guys that board your ship, and then 1 where you go on the other ship and try to kill a general of theirs (or admiral more like with a naval battle) and then just when you return to your ship KABOOM you explode, black out and next thing you know you are washed up on Pandarian shores
    If that chance is tanken away I would be disappointed/

I think that is one area where Blizzard did fail with the Cataclysm: we didn't get to take part in the event that sparked the entire thing off.

With Cataclysm, essentially we went to sleep one day, woke up the next, and bam: everything is different. There was no transition: suddenly the world is heavily damaged and incredibly different. We didn't get to take part in anything to do with the actual Cataclysm: no struggling to survive as the world around us is torn asunder, helping each other to live against all the odds.

It could have been fantastic if in the build up to the Cataclysm, there was an event where we have to save as many NPCs as possible from dying. The world is shaking, lava spewing forth: we have to save as many people as possible. Then, just as the servers reset, the entire world hears Deathwing's roar. A mighty earthquake knocks everyone to the ground, and with a final explosion, the servers are brought down.

When we log back in, that is when the true Cataclysm has occured. Then for a few weeks afterward we get to help with the preperations: players of all levels would need to go out to their level appropriate areas and help rebuild. We would help in the construction of new towns, search for survivors/bodies. Essentially, think of the second Goblin starting area and a bit of Darkshore. There'd be a few weeks of that, and then it's all phased out, gone. And we come to the proper Cataclysm areas that we know now.

This would have given us something to do between 4.0 and Cataclysm's actual release. It would have been far more engaging and interesting: we would have been a part of rebuilding the world. The way it was done, essentially our characters fell asleep one day, woke up, and everything was different. All the work was done. We've time-skipped a few years. If there was more of a transition, it'd be far more interesting.

Now to bring this back on topic... I hope Blizzard have learnt from this. I hope we get to play a part in the transition to Mists of Pandaria. If we get to be a part of that initial naval war which starts everything... That'd be far more engaging and interesting than just waking up one day and suddenly, we have bases on MoP that we never took part in the creation of.

If the content moves with us, if we're helping the NPCs to build on Pandaria and helping to gain that foothold... I know I'd be a hell of a lot more interested than I was when 4.0 hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i foresee something very similar to the opening of Vash'Jir for the horde. get quest 1. talk to guy. get quest 2. listen to speech of what we are doing. wait for the boat. ride the boat. wait for loading screen. arrive in the vicinity of Pandaria. see the alliance. open fire. few minutes of fighting. then arrive at pandaria either by being knocked out or helping the boat that gets presumably damaged to the shores.

I hope this:

A envoy in Stormwind/Orgrimmar talks about a crashed pandaran hot air balloon in Dustwallow marsh. You get a flight to check out.

You found out the Pandaren Hot Air Balloon has crashed in Dustwallow marsh close to Theramore. Both Horde and Alliance forces got their interest in the Pandaren Hot Air Balloon and it comes to a war there. That war is dealing heavy damage to Theramore. Alliance flee on a ship with the Hot Air Balloon. Horde, beging angry of this action, follows in their own ship. Player enters one of these ships. It comes to an naval battle and the end up in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I hope this:

A envoy in Stormwind/Orgrimmar talks about a crashed pandaran hot air balloon in Dustwallow marsh. You get a flight to check out.

You found out the Pandaren Hot Air Balloon has crashed in Dustwallow marsh close to Theramore. Both Horde and Alliance forces got their interest in the Pandaren Hot Air Balloon and it comes to a war there. That war is dealing heavy damage to Theramore. Alliance flee on a ship with the Hot Air Balloon. Horde, beging angry of this action, follows in their own ship. Player enters one of these ships. It comes to an naval battle and the end up in Pandaria.
    I doubt this would happen read previous posts.