Poll: Your faction

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Are you sure they aren't just hacking the turret? And yes, I realize the irony in this statement. Switching the control of turrets and using them yourself is an active part of the game, I do it all the time. If they can't be reverse hacked/repaired after you should take it up with SoE.
    I thought that could be repaired though. This knocks it out for an hour or two after you take out the turret.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Launch date announcement on Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I thought that could be repaired though. This knocks it out for an hour or two after you take out the turret.
    Sounds like a bug to me >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Launch date announcement on Thursday!
    Any link to this bit of news?

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Any link to this bit of news?
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...this-thursday/

^______^

I am a veteran PS gamer, I got my beta, and another beta invite...lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    So because you couldn't wait a while for the "forgot your name" email (that and p/w ones are separate afaik) and instead used your buddy key on a new account they're shitty? :s

Yeah 5min for account emails is unusual these days but you can't really blame them when you make a new account and bind a key to it. Can't you change the email and p/w of the new account for whoever you were giving it to?

Remember kids, the measure of a company is the speed of responses to recover account info...
    I waited. I never got the right mail for the right name. Yes that's pretty bad. Especially bad because I had to use a buddy key to be able to play, and not the actual activiation that I'm suppose they made for me.
    Yes, that is bad.
    Stop being such a blatant fanboy with your obnoxious, superior attitude.

That said, me and my friend managed to play last night and it was quite fun. It can get a bit laggy and there are some other things, but I suppose it's beta.
    I personally enjoy playing infiltrator, sneaking around, hacking things, sniping.

Now I'm wondering how long the servers will be down. There was a message that they would be shutting down the servers, but not for how long.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-10-17 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    New patch:
    Headlines:

Infantry and vehicle weapons are unlocked with cert points instead of Auraxium
    Auraxium rewards were removed from the game
    Cert points are earned with every 250 experience points instead of 1000 experience points
    Gameplay implants were removed, will return later as a loadout slot
    Weapon medals grant cert point rewards
    And among other changes my personal favorite...
    The heal and repair tools now have sticky targeting

Not sure I like auraxium being removed. From doing some quick math 96 certs are roughly equivalent to a 5000 auraxium weapon, however, some weapons are as high as 480 (!) certs, which should be 120,000 experience. That's quite a bit of work just to get an AA gun on your liberator, especially when everything else is also certs. This means while you're saving for this mega purchase you're not able to increase your hacking speed, buy that emergency repair on your galaxy, make yourself a deployable prowler, or get a new scope on that carbine.

Seems they're really pushing people into picking ONE role in the military. It seems that for the "casual" 1-2 hours a day PS2 gamer such as myself, it will take a very long time to max out one "job," and will leave you totally naked in everything else.

Deleted
    Well, if they have certs gained while offline (which it used to be at least... not sure if it is now or if it's just really slow) then it wouldn't be as bad.
    They also need some incentive for people to use the cash store

10+ Year Old Account
    And among other changes my personal favorite...
    The heal and repair tools now have sticky targeting
    Yay , this was definitely needed.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Well, if they have certs gained while offline (which it used to be at least... not sure if it is now or if it's just really slow) then it wouldn't be as bad.
    They also need some incentive for people to use the cash store
    A popular enough game will sell loads of customizable/purely cosmetic stuff. It's up to them, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the original off and on back in the day, and have REALLY been looking forward to playing this one :-) Not in the beta, no idea how to get in, but I think I can just wait until Nov 20th to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Same date as Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, are they finally removing Auraxium for good? Is it live already? I just hope cert costs for unlocking new weapons won't be ridiculously high as before.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    So, are they finally removing Auraxium for good? Is it live already? I just hope cert costs for unlocking new weapons won't be ridiculously high as before.
    Well, you get certs 4x faster, 2 certs for just sitting at a base without killing anyone from the xp.
    I agree the price of the attachments alone using the old rate was crazy... 48 for some with that crawl

Hotfixes too, don't forget this is an actual beta and not demo
    We'll be pushing a hotfix tonight, when the servers are down, with the following fixes:
    Fix to the passive Cert gain rate
    Miscellaneous cleanup to the Cert pricing and weapon availability
    Fix to vehicle weapon purchasing

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't mean the attachments. Those were pretty easy to get. But the auraxium prices for new weapons were way too high. You get 0.5-1k auraxium per day, and EACH weapon cost 12k+.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    I cannot overstate how sick and fucking tired I am of friendly fire. I wonder why they still have it.
    I try to defend a choke with a turret, and people are just running up and standing infront of me ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

I have no problem with friendly fire as a concept, but in situations where 100 people are crammed together INDOORS, accidents happen. A lot. To have FF on in this game is idiotic, because you cannot seriously expect people to either not run infront of others or accidentally shooting a friendly in panic situations.

That they even PUNISH it by locking weapons is even worse. I'm so fucking frustrated by this friendly fire bullshit.

Deleted
    I was a bit annoyed when they removed all the Auraxium and didn't convert it as I was 250 Auraxium from Hellfire :/ (12500)