Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Op has some seriously jelly friend. Not a single way to criminalize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    If my kids aren't around, funny as hell. If my kids are around, I tell the dude to put some clothes on. Same would be said if it was a woman wearing aluminum foil. IMO, there's a place for that, and out and about with young kids is not the place. Adult party? Sure. I'd laugh my ass off.
    Where does the line go? Why chillin' in speedos is ok when children aren't watching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&ob=av3e

he's being a prude. it's hawaii for christ sake! if you go there and expect to not see people in speedoes and the like, what planet have you been living on?

I remember reading a Bizarre magazine about a year or so after the 9/11 attacks, some guy dressed as one of the WTC towers for Halloween. I'm sure you can all use Google to see for yourselves, tinfoil shorts seem like a misconcieved last minute idea rather than true indecency.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

First: greetings, fellow Hawaiian MMO-champ-er!

OT: I wouldn't call the cops on that guy, you see the most ridiculous (and often indecent) stuff on Waikiki every year. The cops would have to arrest at least a couple dozen other people on their way to finding tinfoil-weiner man. If they could even find him, that is, there are SO many people downtown on Halloween. By the time they get through the traffic to wherever you spotted him, he'd be long gone down the strip or into a bar. As for children: I've gone downtown almost every Halloween for the last six-ish years since I turned 18 and was going to UH (except this year, party at my house instead since the booze would be cheaper and less clear-plastic-shoe hookers hitting on my sailor husband, also AC), and that late at night, even earlier, I can't recall seeing ANY children on the strip. It's not a place people take their kids on Halloween. Generally, kids are trick-or-treating around either Pearlridge Mall (so many kids in my GameStop the one year I worked Halloween, omg) or Ala Moana (or, I learned, military housing. I ran out of candy!), because there won't be crazy drunks or tinfoil-weiner men around.

Plus, wearing tinfoil on your junk on Halloween (on Waikiki, no less) hardly qualifies as a 'sex crime,' which it would be considered in this state. If we punished every skimpy costume that turned up downtown on Halloween, Honolulu would consist of nothing BUT sex offenders, and that would just ruin tourism even more.

Kids here aren't even allowed out after 8 on halloween :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    he's being a prude. it's hawaii for christ sake! if you go there and expect to not see people in speedoes and the like, what planet have you been living on?
    Sometimes it can be touchy here. Hell even my costume which included bikini cut briefs got me barred from Denny's which really made nearly die of laughter. That's like getting tossed out of K-Mart for dressing ghetto.

We still don't know if the rear end was exposed, he said only the privates are wrapped.

Rear end = indecent exposure.

if he was literally naked except for some tin foil wrapped around his penis, yes i definitely would have called the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Sometimes it can be touchy here. Hell even my costume which included bikini cut briefs got me barred from Denny's which really made nearly die of laughter. That's like getting tossed out of K-Mart for dressing ghetto.
    Srsly? Which Denny's? The one that used to be by the zoo (granted it's Lulu's now but when it WAS Denny's) let in my friend whose costume consisted of pasties, a G-string and a body stocking.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    So last night we're walking down the streets of Waikiki in costume enjoying all the attention and thralls of people out and about for the holiday. It was about 10:30pm or 11pm at the time. A young in-shape guy in the group ahead of us had a costume that consisted of nothing but aluminum foil wrapped around his junk. I thought it was funny and about 20 minutes later I see my roommate (30 year old single obese man) on the phone. He called the cops on the guy to report him for indecent exposure to children. I thought this was beyond asinine and we had it out. To add, in Hawaii if you get an indecent exposure charge you always have mandatory sex offender registration. I'm sure 911 laughed at him to expect to have the cops be able to get to a guy in a crowd of 10k people or more. But I'd like to hear the OT's thoughts on this. Is he being a prude or am I not being socially conscious enough? And what would you have done?
    Roomate jealous much! If no kids around I see no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseide View Post
    Srsly? Which Denny's? The one that used to be by the zoo (granted it's Lulu's now but when it WAS Denny's) let in my friend whose costume consisted of pasties, a G-string and a body stocking.
    The one on Kuhio that is the home base for the hookers by the International Marketplace.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the guy arrested then America has really strict indecent exposure laws...

In Canada it's only considered public indecency if someone is nude along with sexual intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Exactly. I would love to see this guys conversation with his cell mate.
    "What are you in for?"
    "I was showing my junk in public on a night when small children could very well be about and see it, but it was wrapped in foil..."
    *Begin curb stomping and prison rape*

EDIT:
    Judging by the pedo lover responses here, I can only hope if any of you have children they end up getting taken from you. :3 khtkx /participation.

<Infracted> Please be respectful of our users.
    And apparently you don't know what paedophilia is
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No worse than some guy in a banana hammock on the beach...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    While I find speedos disturbing(I'm a guy), this is not what the OP stated. The guy was wearing aluminum foil around his manpiece and scrote only.

I draw the line when "privates" are visible in a public place where I have no say in the matter legally. Nude beach? No problem, you know what you're getting into. Halloween? A little far IMO. It's a kids' holiday, let them enjoy it without the trauma of some dude exposing his bare ass and borderline junk to everyone.

And again, if it's an adult party or my kids aren't around, have at it.

My point is - our kids are gonna be exposed to this stuff anyway, whether I like it or not. I'd rather they do it when their minds aren't so impressionable.
    OP described it as a "ball of metal" which in my mind translates into penis+testicles covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    If the guy arrested then America has really strict indecent exposure laws...

In Canada it's only considered public indecency if someone is nude along with sexual intent.

And apparently you don't know what paedophilia is

Exposure of your privates, or breasts (For women), or having your rear end exposed is against the law in many of the states.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    OP described it as a "ball of metal" which in my mind translates into penis+testicles covered.
    Then that leaves the rear end exposed which I would consider indecent right off the bat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Exposure of your privates, or breasts (For women), or having your rear end exposed is against the law in many of the states.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 08:22 PM ----------

Then that leaves the rear end exposed which I would consider indecent right off the bat
    Hawaii §707-734 Indecent exposure.
    1) A person commits the offense of indecent exposure if, the person intentionally exposes the person's genitals to a person to whom the person is not married under circumstances in which the actor's conduct is likely to cause affront.

(2) Indecent exposure is a petty misdemeanor.
    Intentional exposure of a person's private parts to public view is a lewd act. 61 H. 62, 597 P.2d 10; 61 H. 68, 597 P.2d 13; 61 H. 70, 597 P.2d 15.

Female breasts are not private parts or genitalia, and exposure thereof under existing circumstances was not a lewd act under statute. 61 H. 68, 597 P.2d 13.
    I don't know what ass is officially so couldn't look it up but if exposing breasts is legal I sure hope ass is as well.

its not any different than wearing speedos... the line is drawn at genetalia, visible anus and nipples...

Lets see. It's 10:30 to 11 at night. It's Halloween. He does have his junk covered (though barely). I would care less really. I don't think many kids would be out at that time anyway.

I would just leave him be. If it were earlier though, then I may do something.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Hawaii §707-734 Indecent exposure.

I don't know what ass is officially so couldn't look it up but if exposing breasts is legal I sure hope ass is as well.
    Genitals are reproductive organs. your ass is not a reproductive organ.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I've never understood what was indecent about an ass or breasts for that matter. Genitals you can directly use to convey a sexual advance that could be used as harassment. How exactly would you accomplish such an advance with a breast or ass?