15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not. I had a really hard time with Vashj and most of Gw2's underwater stuff because I couldn't tell how far away things were. I mean, maybe it'd be ok in a vehicle of some kind but, idk underwater zones are really not my friend.

Yeah, it's been repeatedly proven that combat in a full sphere is a bad idea for long stretches of time, I'd rather not see it.

Also, the description for the Twintania minion you get for beating the PvE Lords of Verminion, "Records indicating this clockwork construct series was created in celebration of the subjugation of the continent of Merycidia across the Rhotano Sea."

Stay classy, Allag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm really surprised. Everything we've learned about the Allagans shows they're giant assholes, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Yeah, it's been repeatedly proven that combat in a full sphere is a bad idea for long stretches of time, I'd rather not see it.
    In fantasy MMOs yes. Classes and navigational systems aren't designed to provide a fun 3D experience.
    As opposed to a space sim like EvE.

You just know if they brought out an underwater zone the gold saucer would come with a new mini game addon - Blitzball. But teams would be made with actual players not npcs, there would be much bitching about teammates on forums shortly afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    You just know if they brought out an underwater zone the gold saucer would come with a new mini game addon - Blitzball. But teams would be made with actual players not npcs, there would be much bitching about teammates on forums shortly afterwards.
    This we need this so damn much. Also Red Mages, A Doomtrain primal fight and more Manderville quests!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This we need this so damn much. Also Red Mages, A Doomtrain primal fight and more Manderville quests!
    They actually datamined a new Hildibrand theme in 3.1, it wouldn't surprise me if the 3.1.1 put in a new Hildy story alongside the new relic weapons

Also yes to Red Mage, but they said it's unlikely we'll see a new class before the next expansion because Ninja was planned from the start but pushed back because of release dates.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-11-21 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you get a red mage they damn well better put in a blue mage/fencer for me... Doomtrain i always kinda associated with the big train the scions had to infiltrate to destroy Castrum Meridianum since they did mention what kinda train was that and it was horrible to invade (obviously not a primal but at least it was some kinda reference like atmos).

First 60! Currently at item level 141 with 20k cash >< so not doing that great on that front

Had an "awesome" aurum vale yesterday.

Me (PLD)
    Wife (WHM)
    MNK
    BLM

First Boss, black mage starts eating all the fruits, every time they respawn. We manage, after he dies. Monk also dies, was his first time, so had to teach him some of the tactics. It happens.
    Second boss goes fine.

Last boss..

BLM eats all the fruits again. Healer at 7 stacks, tank at 4. Healer dies, I die, everyone dies:

"OMG hurry up! I did this dungeon like an hour ago in 10 minutes, you scrubs"

The BLM ofcourse!

I politely tell him to follow the tactics if he wants it to go fast, otherwise it will take ages.
    "OMG tank, you should only have the debuff" With some added profanity.

I politely tell him again, the fact that he got carried through bosses so he didnt have to follow tactics, won't fly here.

"I can't handle you scrubs anymore"

and leaves.

In replacement we get a Ninja instantly, and kill the boss first try after that, in a record time.

the Monk though? Great player. Kept asking questions, how to stand at each boss, what he could change. I helped him out a bit, and he just genuinly was trying to improve.
    So the healer and me, gave the Monk both commendations

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame you had to deal with that BLM but I'm sure that MNK appreciate you and your wife's kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Shame you had to deal with that BLM but I'm sure that MNK appreciate you and your wife's kindness.
    I love this games community in that regard, currently 60, and had a total of 3 bad people in dungeons. Rest were nice, social, fun. And most of all, weren't to arrogant to explain stuff.

I am trying to be the same Helping people out where I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have kicked the BLM after the first boss and been done with it.
    As far as "Community" is concerned: Do a few void Ark runs. You'll see that there is very little difference in behavior compared to WoW LFR groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, 24 mans are a box of chocolates. Never going to know what you're going to get. Sometimes you get smooth runs, sometimes x.x. But if you run with me, I promise I'll be nice and explain things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Btw, one boss in Void Ark is called CuChulainn... as someone who has watched Fate/Stay Night, I couldn't help but know that name and it's origin...however, I don't see how they are related
    Final Fantasy Tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    First 60! Currently at item level 141 with 20k cash >< so not doing that great on that front

Had an "awesome" aurum vale yesterday.

Me (PLD)
    Wife (WHM)
    MNK
    BLM

First Boss, black mage starts eating all the fruits, every time they respawn. We manage, after he dies. Monk also dies, was his first time, so had to teach him some of the tactics. It happens.
    Second boss goes fine.

Last boss..

BLM eats all the fruits again. Healer at 7 stacks, tank at 4. Healer dies, I die, everyone dies:

"OMG hurry up! I did this dungeon like an hour ago in 10 minutes, you scrubs"

The BLM ofcourse!

I politely tell him to follow the tactics if he wants it to go fast, otherwise it will take ages.
    "OMG tank, you should only have the debuff" With some added profanity.

I politely tell him again, the fact that he got carried through bosses so he didnt have to follow tactics, won't fly here.

"I can't handle you scrubs anymore"

and leaves.

In replacement we get a Ninja instantly, and kill the boss first try after that, in a record time.

the Monk though? Great player. Kept asking questions, how to stand at each boss, what he could change. I helped him out a bit, and he just genuinly was trying to improve.
    So the healer and me, gave the Monk both commendations
    Aurum Vale is one of those dungeons where you'll find a large concentration of jerks, as it can be very mechanic unfriendly.
    I'd have probably tanked the boss on top of him to get him to quit.
    Last edited by Jun; 2015-11-23 at 10:27 AM.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried to do Void Ark once. I didn't really know what I was doing, someone shouted expletives and called me an idiot, so I haven't gone back. I've gotten over wanting to learn a fight on YouTube. I mean, I did that enough when I played wow. That group wasn't very tolerant, so neither am I. In the future I'll probably just turn off my chat window completely to avoid them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Yaa... but why was he named like that in the first place.
    I get why Diabolos is named Diabolos, Leviathan - Leviathan. They are all mystical/religious creatures in our world. But CúChulainn's story sounds and looks totally different.

I tried to do Void Ark once. I didn't really know what I was doing, someone shouted expletives and called me an idiot, so I haven't gone back. I've gotten over wanting to learn a fight on YouTube. I mean, I did that enough when I played wow. That group wasn't very tolerant, so neither am I. In the future I'll probably just turn off my chat window completely to avoid them.
    You managed to get called out in Void Ark?
    How much did you fuck up for anyone to notice... and how?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-23 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Well if you were screwing up a lot and I'm not saying you were but IF then would it have not been better to watch a 10 min mrhappy or MTQcapture guide? How do we know the group wasn't tolerating you due to you wiping a lot? This isn't me sounding elitist btw I would just like to know what happened a bit more in detail.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2015-11-23 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What role were you? If you are the tank then TBH you would save yourself and others so much time (despite getting yelled at) watching a 4 min video. If you're a healer or DPS, I'm surprised you managed to get called out.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Yaa... but why was he named like that in the first place.
    I get why Diabolos is named Diabolos, Leviathan - Leviathan. They are all mystical/religious creatures in our world. But CúChulainn's story sounds and looks totally different.
    CuChulain is also a famous irish Mythological Hero. Unsure why it's a demon mouth thingy, but someone else can do the research on that!

15+ Year Old Account
    I was playing a dps job. Apparently I was attacking the wrong target. On trash. After the 1st boss.