Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yikes! Put your retainers to work!

Although the reason I'm burning through them so fast is because I am literally playing all day and teleporting back to my house to send them on the hourlies.
    I'm too lazy to do that now. LOL

I just send them on 18 hour exploration runs. Gives quite a bit of XP too - and it's a predictable amount unlike Quick Ventures.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I'm too lazy to do that now. LOL

I just send them on 18 hour exploration runs. Gives quite a bit of XP too - and it's a predictable amount unlike Quick Ventures.
    Yeah most times I do 18 hours exploration and done, too. Quick Ventures would maybe be better, but seeing they return with so much crap is disheartening...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It does need to be 60 for the 100% pre 50 if I recall right
    Nope, if you have a 55, anything else will get the 100% 50-54.

So how do people get lots of venture tokens? I've pretty much just been getting them through company seals, either from roulette rewards or from trading in junk gear I get from ventures, but that doesn't get me a whole lot and I am slowly running out of venture tokens.

But can we please go back to calling it the Dark Force?
    Actually in the first Phantasy Star game it was called Dark Falz . Some games call it Force some Falz.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Actually in the first Phantasy Star game it was called Dark Falz . Some games call it Force some Falz.
    If we're being super pendatic about this the first game calls it Darkfalz due to character limits, a problem that plagues the entire series on the Sega Genesis. But the problem arises from the fact that its name is spelled in katakana as ファルス or ファラス which people chose to interpret as Falz/Falzu/Force with Google choosing to interpret is as either Phallus or Farce. There is no right answer because the developers never weighed in on the matter.

I go with Force because Falz seems like a random name that doesn't fit the theme naming. Profound Darkness -> Dark Force makes sense to me. If it's Dark Falz then who is Falz and where is Light Falz?

A Dark Falz/Force, or even a Lassic/Lashiec trial!

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    A Dark Falz/Force, or even a Lassic/Lashiec trial!
    Tbh I hope we do get something more than costumes. Because if they basically get Urths Fount but in the style of that game surely we should get something as big from that game in the style of FF14.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're being super pendatic about this the first game calls it Darkfalz due to character limits, a problem that plagues the entire series on the Sega Genesis. But the problem arises from the fact that its name is spelled in katakana as ファルス or ファラス which people chose to interpret as Falz/Falzu/Force with Google choosing to interpret is as either Phallus or Farce. There is no right answer because the developers never weighed in on the matter.

I go with Force because Falz seems like a random name that doesn't fit the theme naming. Profound Darkness -> Dark Force makes sense to me. If it's Dark Falz then who is Falz and where is Light Falz?
    Also correct but tbh force/falz meh both sound badass . It's also why Dark falz has 2 attacks supposedly because the game couldn't fit 2 of him on screen at once or something like that. So his hp is 255x2.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-22 at 04:00 PM.

Tbh I hope we do get something more than costumes. Because if they basically get Urths Fount but in the style of that game surely we should get something as big from that game in the style of FF14.
    I would love to see a Nei costume...

Or even better, her hair! Oh yeah, 80s anime hair in FF14!

I wonder if the Ishgard Housing Ward will have different music. Because after listening to the music in Mist it felt weird af having it in Lavender Beds and the Goblet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I should watch that, mostly because one of my favorite illustrators did the character design, Mishima Kurone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yeah, I just finished that one as well and its definitely one of the better game type anime out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I just started it.

Log Horizon is still hands down my favorite MMORPG anime, though. William's monologue in season 2 hits all the right notes. Though overall, season 2 feels like a loooot of set up and plot seed planting.
    It's really odd that there are more MMO game type anime than there are actual MMOs made in Japan. :P

SAO felt "forced" because it frequently does stuff that technically shouldn't be doable - like the author only has a cursory understanding of MMOs (my opinion). Not a problem with KonoSubara due to it's premises and it rarely have it's characters do anything "Deus Ex Machina"-ish - SPOILERS = except for Aqua ... but she is literally a Goddess so it makes sense. (Haven't watched Log Horizon.)

That said a lot of what it does should be technically doable (and would be fun IMHO) but most MMOs like FFXIV won't allow,

SPOILERS BELOW

Kazuma's party is entirely dysfunctional with "'bad' players",
    - a literal one hit wonder mage that has zero stamina
    - an extreme tank that has literally zero DPS because she can't even hit stationary targets
    - and ... Aqua ...
    yet somehow manage to get things done.

This level of freedom, to be what you want to be and still have a place in the world, I think is part of the attraction. Having to conform ... feels like Real Life.

They work hard and got a house ... temporarily broken in FFXIV (for the last year or so). -_-
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-03-23 at 12:45 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Konosuba is excellence on the RPG parody front.

It's given me a new performance goal for my BLM.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

The problem with SAO is that it's a harem show dressed as a video game show, except the harem is pointless because the hero made his choice before the other girls ever showed up. I could get into more, but I doubt anyone really cares that much.

Log Horizon is awesome beyond words (other than some pacing issues) except there's certain concepts that are brought up late in the second season that you would think should have come up earlier. While you could make excuses for the depression that's setting in for gamers and making them suicidal taking a long time to develop, I have yet to see anyone come up with a good reason for why there aren't characters that are parents with children back in the real world that they are freaking out about. This topic isn't even brought up until the wham line of Kanami telling Shiroe her daughter would be three years old at the end fo the second season. The game Elder Tale is 20 years old at the time of the series, you can't tell me there aren't players that grew up with the game and started families.

Still a quality show. Still no news on season three, last I checked... People have been telling em to check out KonoSuba, guess I should do that.

The problem with SAO is that it's a harem show dressed as a video game show, except the harem is pointless because the hero made his choice before the other girls ever showed up. I could get into more, but I doubt anyone really cares that much.

Log Horizon is awesome beyond words (other than some pacing issues) except there's certain concepts that are brought up late in the second season that you would think should have come up earlier. While you could make excuses for the depression that's setting in for gamers and making them suicidal taking a long time to develop, I have yet to see anyone come up with a good reason for why there aren't characters that are parents with children back in the real world that they are freaking out about. This topic isn't even brought up until the wham line of Kanami telling Shiroe her daughter would be three years old at the end fo the second season. The game Elder Tale is 20 years old at the time of the series, you can't tell me there aren't players that grew up with the game and started families.

Still a quality show. Still no news on season three, last I checked... People have been telling em to check out KonoSuba, guess I should do that.
    I agree with your point, but keep in mind that covering too many topics like that can clutter the narrative.

Keep hearing awesome things about Log Horizon and Konusuba. SOA felt 50/50. There were some really great episodes but most of it was pretty meh. I still think .hack/sign is the best anime set in an MMO setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I still think .hack/sign is the best anime set in an MMO setting.
    It's just a damn shame you get an incomplete story if you don't play the accompanying games.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat! *goes on and plays 20+ hours of FF14 a week*

15+ Year Old Account
    dot.hack//sign will be first love for me, for mmo animes. log horizon, however, hits all of the 'player' notes for me. Especially William's speech, as someone mentioned earlier.

What little I've seen of SAO, I did not find interesting enough to sit down and watch. Haven't heard of KonoSuba, but I'll give it a looksee!

.hack also had the better music. While JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE is fun and all, Key of The Twilight and Obsession are superior.

SAO music is entirely forgettable.

Meh I enjoyed the games. Of course I played them way back then. Obsession though <3.

I enjoyed SAO because of the premise but I'm also a sucker for love stories. Log Horizon is amazing. I just started KonoSuba, on like ep 4 or 5, and am really enjoying it so far. Watched the first couple episodes of .hack and I think I got sidetracked by something else and forgot to go back and finish it. Need to do that.

In any case, FFXIV gives me a similar feeling as these types of anime, with a narrative/story and your character being able to do everything so you feel really connected to the game since you're not having to switch to a lot of different characters.

I would really appreciate it if RSE equipment weren't actually race restricted... Roegadame RSE looks like shit, and all the glamour blogs/galleries/etc. have exploded with all the Miqo/Elezen/Hyur dying their RSE.

*sniff* It's just not fair...