Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Patch notes up, and holy balls they went all out on this deep dungeon. It's like a traditional Japanese rogue like.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c82c85a550f9a0
    Screw Deep Dungeon! Biggest feature is NEW DOZE EMOTES! :O. Seriously though it looks awesome and even non Heavensward owners get a taste of it. And finally I can make those expanse totems worthwhile. Sat on 52 atm.

I'm impressed the new weapons available from there will be ilvl 235. I do wonder how difficult clearing the place will be, though. Also, did it specify you have to clear it as whatever job in order to get the appropriate weapon? I would think you get to choose one...but assuming they are all that glowy light stuff a la Guild Wars franchise chaos weapons, I'll probably try to get all of them.

99 tokens from ex primals (Bismarck, Ravana, Thordan) can now be turned in for the mounts. That's nice, even though I haven't even touched any of those.

Read through it a couple times but didn't see where it specified.

It says you need to increase the aetherpool weapon to +30. It says aetherpool armor and weapon progress isn't tied to a particular save data, so it progresses separately from any one particular Deep Dungeon save file. Doesn't say one way or the other whether aetherpool armor and weapon progress is synced to a particular job.

The way I'm reading it, it's not, and so the aetherpool weapon is just a generic weapon progress stat, so if you go in as a Dragoon one time and get it to +5, then later as a Paladin you're starting at +5 and working from there. Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    MNK is now approaching 57 so it shouldn't be much longer until I hit 60. After that comes WAR and then I get the lovely <Grandmaster of War> achievement and title that I'm after. I shall be exploiting the fact that tomorrow's patch brings us The Palace of the Dead to also push WAR up a few levels, I think. Apparently it starts at level 17 so it will be interesting to see how good the experience gain is.
    i'm really hoping it's a good way to level. tired of spamming heavensward dungeons.

Oh boy you can turn in 99 tokens for a bird now. All that misery killing them little shits over and over finally pays off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, finally something that'll make me stop churning out camphor like a High School Chemistry Teacher churning out meth.

....Gotta relearn how to play BLM and all of its John Madden Goodness.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

patch looks awesome !! realy pumped for palace and the fact we can get gryphons by using totems is gonna be great aswell
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Read through it a couple times but didn't see where it specified.

It says you need to increase the aetherpool weapon to +30. It says aetherpool armor and weapon progress isn't tied to a particular save data, so it progresses separately from any one particular Deep Dungeon save file. Doesn't say one way or the other whether aetherpool armor and weapon progress is synced to a particular job.

The way I'm reading it, it's not, and so the aetherpool weapon is just a generic weapon progress stat, so if you go in as a Dragoon one time and get it to +5, then later as a Paladin you're starting at +5 and working from there. Suppose we'll find out soon enough.
    Have to get both the weapon and armor to +30 and clear floor 50 in order to buy one of the new 235 weapons. Once you buy one, it resets your aetherpool weapon and armor back to +1.

60 points away from finishing the relic. Should have been closer, but I didn't put in much effort over the weekend and only got one (no bonus) treatment in last night.

Planning on using Palace to level WHM. Maybe I'll finally hit mentor status.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    60 points away from finishing the relic. Should have been closer, but I didn't put in much effort over the weekend and only got one (no bonus) treatment in last night.

Planning on using Palace to level WHM. Maybe I'll finally hit mentor status.
    Same, using palace to level war so i can get mentor and start doing the roulette...only 2k roulettes to go for Astrope *sobs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if they boost the drop chance for maps by the way? Cause I don't seem to have to run around for 15-20 minutes anymore if my luck is horrendous.

Ok so I totally didn't die on Floor 6 because the wasp's Final Sting got me....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok so I totally didn't die on Floor 6 because the wasp's Final Sting got me....
    I didn't either. Honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Have to get both the weapon and armor to +30 and clear floor 50 in order to buy one of the new 235 weapons. Once you buy one, it resets your aetherpool weapon and armor back to +1.
    And you can choose the one you want? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    And you can choose the one you want? Cool.
    I can't confirm that you get to choose, but I would be VERY surprised if you couldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to floor 9 and got disconnected.... ^o^ (Ohohohohoho) - That's the laugh that that goblin is making as it nukes me into oblivion while I'm offline

Pretty cool shit though and you get to keep the gear if you level it up enough! Fuck yeah!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I quit right before 3.2, so my knowledge of some of the content you're listing is a bit lacking, but I do know that I did not include any 24m content specifically, because that isn't what I have an issue with (I'd love the idea of re-tooled 24m content made for 8m similar to EX trial difficulty tho). Again just dungeons, which It appears you're referencing Sorh Kai (sp?) and Hullbreaker HM. Is this actually true? Do pugs actually have to abandon duty because they can't complete these dungeons? Short of pre-nerf Pharos Siruis this has never happened to me in thousands of pug runs. I also couldn't understand why people failed that, I thought that dungeon was fun!
    Sorry for late reply was out on vacation for a bit, totally unplugged. It's exceedingly rare now that most people overgear it, but in the beginning it was pretty common for stupid things to happen. Nobody ever HAD to abandon, but several did because they were getting pissed about the wipes and got impatient or would initiate a vote kick on the person who was failing rather than try to explain the mechanics. Same thing happened back in Pharos Sirius Hard too and I agree it was fun, but some people don't agree you can have fun if you have to think about what you're doing apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Same, using palace to level war so i can get mentor and start doing the roulette...only 2k roulettes to go for Astrope *sobs*
    I'm not really interested in the rewards too much. If I do mentor roulette, it's going to be to try and genuinely help new players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm not really interested in the rewards too much. If I do mentor roulette, it's going to be to try and genuinely help new players.
    Ya I get that, I don't mind helping newbies out but I really want that mount. Still very much upset over SE putting it behind the mentor roulette. *sigh* oh well.

Also spotted a Graeham at the 'limbo' area between 31-40 and 41-50 of Palace.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-07-19 at 06:27 PM. Reason: too many 'totally's in there for my tastes..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Ya I get that, I don't mind helping newbies out but I really want that mount. Still very much upset over SE putting it behind the mentor roulette. *sigh* oh well.

Also spotted a Graeham at the 'limbo' area between 31-40 and 41-50 of Palace.
    I have the pegasus, so some gold armor and butt feathers aren't too big a deal for me.