Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally caught up from 3.1 and finished the 3.4 MSQ.

I'm kind of wondering why Papalymo keeps making angry faces at Yda. Also, I can't be the only one who thinks the Griffin is Ilberd, right?

I knew the ascians or another villain were going to get the eyes of Nidhogg the moment we threw them into the chasm, but I assume they'll just be used as a power-up like Thordan used them in 3.0, rather than having Nidhogg himself appear again. His death in 3.3 seemed pretty final, what with his spirit lifting up and fading away.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2016-10-04 at 10:51 AM.

I highly doubt they are going to drop PS3 support, so if that is something on your wish list I'd get it out of my head immediately... and/or plan now for what to do with your disappointment.

Didn't they just now drop PS2 support for 11 after 14 years? And only because they were (more or less) dropping support for the whole game?

Also, while I'm not saying that you're wrong (with any of the points)... I think loading screens are a SE design philosophy. They seem to like them. I also wouldn't expect those to ever go away. Even if they did drop PS3 support, I would imagine that loading screens are buried in the core of the game code at this point. Something like that seems like it would be near the bottom of what everything else is built on top of. I wouldn't expect them to rewrite the whole game again.

They've already implied that they do intend to drop support for the PS3 at some point - it's merely a matter of when. It's still fairly popular over in Japan but not so much in America and Europe. Depending on how much the developers seek to appease their Western fans they may seek to ditch the PS3 for 4.0. It could explain why there's so many optional items flooding the game lately - they may be preparing to substitute the loss of a PS3 expansion with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    They've already implied that they do intend to drop support for the PS3 at some point - it's merely a matter of when. It's still fairly popular over in Japan but not so much in America and Europe. Depending on how much the developers seek to appease their Western fans they may seek to ditch the PS3 for 4.0. It could explain why there's so many optional items flooding the game lately - they may be preparing to substitute the loss of a PS3 expansion with those.
    Honestly they should drop it asap. Ps3 version is so shitty. And I'm not just bashing it because it's ps3. Performance wise it is horrid to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Going to be many disappointed members in FC if SAM isn't going to be melee DPS.

Wasn't too big fan of Tomestone tank equipment when I saw pics of it before patch, but after looking it few times from vendor, it looks quite nice actually. We keep losing tanks and healers all the time, so thinking of taking role of 2nd tank in FC raid-team. All those poor Umbrites tho, all that Lore used to get i240 equipment.

Huh, I kinda like that too. Maybe I'll go for it after NIN is in a good place.

Almost waited too long to do the new Alex raids; last two bosses took a vote abandon (and subsequent non-shitty groups) to clear, but it's a done deal, so I won't be a week behind getting a 260 weapon. Still need to spam A9 to get the belt item, since I expect I'll be using that as BLM until 3.5 unless I decide to start running savage.

The Alex fight, while not terribly complex, has some really neato shit going on. I won't spoil it here, but I'll say this: It's worth being a dps for it, since you'll have to enter portals to kill adds. Once you realize what you've really done in there, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one bothered by it called "Wondrous Tails" in English? JP it's called クロの空想帳 which is more on Kuro(?)'s Fantasy Book. Aside from that however, tails.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really since (I'm assuming it was intended to be one) the pun is basically the same as 'fantasy book'. Wondrous Tales/Tails.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-10-04 at 11:01 PM.

Khloe is starting to piss me off now. Used all my second chances and get a chance at a 2 line for my last couple of tails. Did they roll the final line? NOPE rolls somewhere completely worthless -,-. This time I strapped dynamite on the book before throwing it back in her stupid Miqo'te face! Wow really do get ingame violent when this book is in my possession

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Not really since (I'm assuming it was intended to be one) the pun is basically the same as 'fantasy book'. Wondrous Tales/Tails.
    What pun is there with Tails? Honestly I'd say the localization team is just fail...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What pun is there with Tails? Honestly I'd say the localization team is just fail...
    Tails sounding like Tales? Khloe is miqo'te who has a tail who tells wondrous tales.

I decided to bite the bullet and switch from DRG to NIN. I was torn between switching over to either MCH or NIN and whilst I'm not super sold on either I ended up favouring NIN slightly due to the recent gear design for Alexander tokens and Scripture sets. Both are already at 60 anyway and I already have the Alexander NIN boots and helmet...as well as an accessory.

If they add SAM as a DPS class I'll likely switch to that in 4.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tails sounding like Tales? Khloe is miqo'te who has a tail who tells wondrous tales.
    That is such a terrible connection... which is why I said what pun. It's a book, if the thing looked like a tail or something that'd make more sense but it has absolutely no relation to a tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did A 11 and 12 yesterday. Fun encounters.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is such a terrible connection... which is why I said what pun. It's a book, if the thing looked like a tail or something that'd make more sense but it has absolutely no relation to a tail.
    Pun: a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.

Its like a tree saying 'leaf me alone!' The connect is Khloe, not the book itself. She's got a tale to tell, and has a tail. But if you don't like the pun then oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Pun: a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.

Its like a tree saying 'leaf me alone!' The connect is Khloe, not the book itself. She's got a tale to tell, and has a tail. But if you don't like the pun then oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm very well aware what a pun is, but that's one huge stretch even for a pun and chalk it up to shitty localization team either way. -insert usual bitching about localization-.

I'm very well aware what a pun is, but that's one huge stretch even for a pun and chalk it up to shitty localization team either way. -insert usual bitching about localization-.
    I'm sort of torn on the localisation. I love the pseudo-Shakespearen stuff (Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy XII are among my favourite RPG's and boast a similar style) but then the game also has all these weird references to pop culture. Some are admittedly clever but it feels 'too much' at times in the same way that WoW went from subtle, tasteful and intelligent pop-culture references and towards territory where they relied upon them far too much at the cost of integrity. At least we're not at the point where entire FFXIV zones are knockoff movie plots though...

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it a stretch?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it a stretch?
    Cause it's a book, not a cat, and no such pun was in the original language, and nothing in the dialogue remotely even noted some sort of joke, it's extremely out of place. It's just something the localization team added on cause reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cause it's a book, not a cat, and no such pun was in the original language, and nothing in the dialogue remotely even noted some sort of joke, it's extremely out of place. It's just something the localization team added on cause reasons.
    But the person who is collecting the tales and telling them is a cat. :| Would you feel less irked by it if it had been called Khloe's Wondrous Tails?