10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The only thing keeping me going is the hope that the rest of the Scions, bar Urianger, end up dead at the end of it. I hope Alphinaud and Tataru end up dead TWICE I despise them both so intensely. Urianger I only want to survive because because I really, really want him to have an excuse to say "repository of wrested raiments and relics" once more.
    Sorry buddy, not going to happen.

I have to agree though. Forced story sucks and is the reason why my friend (that originally recruited me) quit. He said: Story is nice and all but for Gods sake, sometimes I just want to hop online and do a dungeon or two and not have the feeling of "I really need to do more solo story blah quests in order to unlock content".

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

I have to agree though. Forced story sucks and is the reason why my friend (that originally recruited me) quit. He said: Story is nice and all but for Gods sake, sometimes I just want to hop online and do a dungeon or two and not have the feeling of "I really need to do more solo story blah quests in order to unlock content".
    Hence why the jumping potion aka level/story boost is coming possibly in Stormblood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to say, I decided to give the game a try again. I played once, leveled to 30 as a marauder, no second class. I hated it and I quit.

This time I went in as a Lancer, leveled to 30, got a marauder to 15, went the Dragoon way. Right now I'm 45. I'm blown away by the fun I have with the game. As a poster said before me, early-game story is quite slow-paced. Once you break the ~35 story ceiling, everything becomes much more better. I'm addicted, in a good way.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Got to say, I decided to give the game a try again. I played once, leveled to 30 as a marauder, no second class. I hated it and I quit.

This time I went in as a Lancer, leveled to 30, got a marauder to 15, went the Dragoon way. Right now I'm 45. I'm blown away by the fun I have with the game. As a poster said before me, early-game story is quite slow-paced. Once you break the ~35 story ceiling, everything becomes much more better. I'm addicted, in a good way.
    Problem is with Marauder you NEED to level Gladiator to 24 for Provoke which is basically taunt later on. Also yeah like I said story upto 35 is ass. Cross Class skills are a big thing here. Warrior and Dark Knight need Gladiator to 24 for Provoke. BLM for example really should have Archer to 34 for Quelling Strikes because of how bursty they can be at 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on EU Odin at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh same server as me. Look up Lorrusk Klauser.
    Odin EU here as well, I'll be active once patch 3.5 goes live.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11200719/

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11200719/
    Amg Brodin represent boiz!

Deleted
    I personally speedclick through every story dialogue that isn't voice acted, since I can't be arsed to read everything. luckily they usually do a spoken recap of everything at some point anyway

Finally finished ARR story but these extra story quests before the heavensword content is dragging

"go kill 2 marlboro"

bitch please I just want astrologian
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Finally finished ARR story but these extra story quests before the heavensword content is dragging

"go kill 2 marlboro"

bitch please I just want astrologian
    Yeah the amount of fucking breadcrumb and fetch quests between 2.0 and 3.0 is stupid. Thankfully it's toned down in HW after 60. If you find yourself getting burned out take a couple of days off. I did it around the 2.4 stuff and it helped a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    This time I went in as a Lancer, leveled to 30, got a marauder to 15, went the Dragoon way. Right now I'm 45. I'm blown away by the fun I have with the game.
    Haha Dragoon?
    Wait till you hit 60 and get ready to pull your hair out.
    I leveled it but I couldn't have fun with this piano playing class if my life depended on it.

Yeah the amount of fucking breadcrumb and fetch quests between 2.0 and 3.0 is stupid. Thankfully it's toned down in HW after 60. If you find yourself getting burned out take a couple of days off. I did it around the 2.4 stuff and it helped a bit.
    I think what made it worse was the 8 man dungeons to the final confrontation. I was just watching the cutscenes and I miss every single boss fight because the group pulled early so I was in an endless loop of cutscenes and I was told to go to an inn and watch them...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha Dragoon?
    Wait till you hit 60 and get ready to pull your hair out.
    I leveled it but I couldn't have fun with this piano playing class if my life depended on it.
    Right now they have a very strong feel of "Keep your buffs and debuffs up, then 12345, 123, 123, buffs/debuffs, 12345, 123, 123"
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think what made it worse was the 8 man dungeons to the final confrontation. I was just watching the cutscenes and I miss every single boss fight because the group pulled early so I was in an endless loop of cutscenes and I was told to go to an inn and watch them...
    Yeah the problem is Praetorium cutscenes are really long. So unless you go premade people aren't really willing to wait.

No!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Playing a Final Fantasy without caring for the story is like playing Street Fighter without caring for the fights imo.
    Street Fighter will let me Shoryuken Bison in the face without forcing me to sit through hours of diologue and cutscenes before hand though. While Street Fighter does have a story to it, the gameplay is never interrupted to tell me that story. I never have to stop mid way though a fight for an exposition dump. Beyond a few lines of opening diologue, the story is left up to the player to persuit at their own discresion. I can enjoy the game without ever having to interact with the story, and I like that in a game.

It's a very bad comparison though. Some FF games, like Tactics for example, have some great game play depth regardless of the story. They're worth playing simply because they're fun to play. FF 14 is much the same for me, it's fun to play. I've really enjoyed playing it so far. I just wish I could be left to play it without being forced to trudge through a story I have no interest in to get to more of content I want to play.

Oh same server as me. Look up Lorrusk Klauser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    My character is Aldar Banrothelm. Not in game at the moment either, but if you guys want to look me up that's fine .

No!

Street Fighter will let me Shoryuken Bison in the face without forcing me to sit through hours of diologue and cutscenes before hand though. While Street Fighter does have a story to it, the gameplay is never interrupted to tell me that story. I never have to stop mid way though a fight for an exposition dump. Beyond a few lines of opening diologue, the story is left up to the player to persuit at their own discresion. I can enjoy the game without ever having to interact with the story, and I like that in a game.

It's a very bad comparison though. Some FF games, like Tactics for example, have some great game play depth regardless of the story. They're worth playing simply because they're fun to play. FF 14 is much the same for me, it's fun to play. I've really enjoyed playing it so far. I just wish I could be left to play it without being forced to trudge through a story I have no interest in to get to more of content I want to play.

My character is Aldar Banrothelm. Not in game at the moment either, but if you guys want to look me up that's fine .
    Already totally not stalking you! But if you add me I'll give you a nice shiny book! Got a 110 one left over from when I was considering levelling SMN you can have. HQ as well.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-08 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now they have a very strong feel of "Keep your buffs and debuffs up, then 12345, 123, 123, buffs/debuffs, 12345, 123, 123"
    Pretty much. And that was the phase where DRG felt okay and fun to me.

Add positioning and more buffs / debuffs + "must use spell X but spell x consumes Y seconds of yet another buff which is refreshed by action z but action z can only be cast after sequence 123 or sequence 456"

= "dear god when is this dude 60, so I can mothball it" feeling. >.<

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLX...G5wnqLgSMPv4EQ

Go check these guys out. Some of the funniest people I have ever seen. They basically do FF14 stuff all with a sense of humor.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love NEST videos! The iconic "Jesse, stop doing that thing you're doing! Taking damage!" from the Bismark video. Drak also streams on twitch.

So I was bored and saw the 3.5 trailer, I kinda wanted to return to the game and finish the leveling. So I thought seeing a trailer would get me amped

Am I the only one who thinks ffxiv trailers are really REALLY boring, I know the game itself is fantastic, but they seem very cheap to me
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    They ARE boring. But they stroke the nostalgia of the people who so fondly remember the older Final Fantasy games, so it builds hype. I've personally never touched an FF game outside of 14. I. MAY look into 16 if they keep on the more modern combat system. No way would I ever be cool with going back to lame turn-based battles.