Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm okey doke with playing a healer anyway. I don't want ti think of the story required dungeon queue times. It would also save me from having to do potd for the one day i have off after early access goes live. Seriously, I've done it like 150 times in the past 2 weeks.
    I took the 16th off and am begrudgingly accepting that I'm going to be spending a large portion of the day getting RDM to 60 in PotD. There are a few spreadsheets and graphs going around with some numbers regarding xp, time per run, Armory bonus at 0. 50 and 100% that give a good idea on how much time it will take to go from 50-60 in PotD. Best case estimates with 100% Armory Bonus and 10 minute runs non-stop floors 51-60 is about 5.5 hours with worst case being 0% Armory Bonus with 20 minute runs and that's like 12 hours. I'm guessing if everyone has the same idea as I do, I'll be able to get a good group and plow through 50-60 on RDM (and SAM when I get around to it) in roughly 7-8 hours doing nothing but PotD. Which means when I'm finished with it I'll likely have an i235 minimum, if not i255 weapon when I'm done which should hold me over through Stormblood MSQ for quite a while.

If everything works as planned, I'll be level 60 RDM on Day 1 of early access and then be able to start on the MSQ proper on Day 2. I may go ahead and do SAM through PotD during the rush when everyone else is doing it too to get it out of the way. We'll see though. I stoked for RDM and SAM the most, but the changes to every other class are exciting too so I'm not worried about finding a class I'll enjoy playing and taking through the MSQ at my own comfortable pace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I took the 16th off and am begrudgingly accepting that I'm going to be spending a large portion of the day getting RDM to 60 in PotD. There are a few spreadsheets and graphs going around with some numbers regarding xp, time per run, Armory bonus at 0. 50 and 100% that give a good idea on how much time it will take to go from 50-60 in PotD. Best case estimates with 100% Armory Bonus and 10 minute runs non-stop floors 51-60 is about 5.5 hours with worst case being 0% Armory Bonus with 20 minute runs and that's like 12 hours. I'm guessing if everyone has the same idea as I do, I'll be able to get a good group and plow through 50-60 on RDM (and SAM when I get around to it) in roughly 7-8 hours doing nothing but PotD. Which means when I'm finished with it I'll likely have an i235 minimum, if not i255 weapon when I'm done which should hold me over through Stormblood MSQ for quite a while.

If everything works as planned, I'll be level 60 RDM on Day 1 of early access and then be able to start on the MSQ proper on Day 2. I may go ahead and do SAM through PotD during the rush when everyone else is doing it too to get it out of the way. We'll see though. I stoked for RDM and SAM the most, but the changes to every other class are exciting too so I'm not worried about finding a class I'll enjoy playing and taking through the MSQ at my own comfortable pace.
    That's what i was planning, but alas ast it is. Plus i can aleays do that before omega. At least i get a spiffy hat.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Of course my gpu would shit the bed now. I guess even my graphics card was too excited for stormblood

Yea no...gl with that lol. There are so many people doing this same thing and it's pretty laughable honestly from the pov of a person lf a static seeing a "new" static with 2 members being sam/redmage.

My advice would be, if you really want to play red mage, is to get rdm up fast and get good at it fast. That's really the only way to get an advantage over other thousands of red mages. Also half the statics with redmage will probably disband and/or the people playing red mage will decide they don't like it. Same shit happened in hw.
    I have no interest in statics at the start of a new expansion/ release of new content, I'm far more interested in enjoying the story and the new atmosphere and stuff. Once I get comfortable and have done a few dungeons and get my gear level up at max level I MAY look for one, but I'm totally fine waiting until more casual people are doing it via Party Finder through learning parties and whatnot. Most times I play through the story, get to max level on my "main" job, get max ilevel gear at the time through tomes and then pick another class to begin leveling up as I like to have at least one of every role at max level to help out FC mates (which will be AST and DRK for heals and tank) but once that is accomplished I then just start leveling up jobs to clear out my inventory of the lower level role gear (all caster to get the caster gear out, all tanks to get the tank gear out, etc...).

Long story short: I don't care about the end game grind, just enjoying myself at the start.

Isn't there a one month wait before the raid is out? Or maybe two weeks not sure. Plenty of time to enjoy the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Isn't there a one month wait before the raid is out? Or maybe two weeks not sure. Plenty of time to enjoy the story.

Last I heard 2 weeks for normal. Two more (four total) for savage.

There is definitely some time before the raid opens up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's 4 weeks because I'm going to anime expo from 29-5.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Reddit] More player base stats! Fantasia, Server Transfers and Name Changes between March and May 2017.

"I'm pretty sure half of those fantasias between Au Ra and Miqote female were me."

Now is it 4 weeks until the savage Omega? or until we get the first Ex trials?

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Now is it 4 weeks until the savage Omega? or until we get the first Ex trials?
    4 weeks for savage omega. No idea on ex primals.

Extreme primals should be open from the get go if they follow HW (and if my memory is correct).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And preordered for PS4 since I'm switching over to PS4 for it now. Definitely RDM first but with BRD getting cast times removed might make that my second job to level.
    Might be because i mained Bow and Hunting Horn in monster hunter but BRD getting more BRD and less random asshole with a bow really has me interested if RDM doesnt interest me as a ranged dps. I really gave MCH a good try but it feels so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    [Reddit] More player base stats! Fantasia, Server Transfers and Name Changes between March and May 2017.

"I'm pretty sure half of those fantasias between Au Ra and Miqote female were me."
    Most telling data of all:

Balmung being at +1300 on the transfers to/from ratio, with next highest being +300 something. It's no wonder the server is locked now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post

Balmung being at +1300 on the transfers to/from ratio, with next highest being +300 something. It's no wonder the server is locked now.
    The Balmeme is strong

People want those female Roegadyn dongs.

Nice. That'll be excellent evidence to use against those who insist that Balmung should be unlocked immediately.

So any idea where in the old world the Red Mage and Samurai class trainers will be located yet?

Only place I can think of for Red Mage is the Shroud region since we all know who it is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-10 at 01:15 AM.

So any idea where in the old world the Red Mage and Samurai class trainers will be located yet?

Only place I can think of for Red Mage is the Shroud region since we all know who it is.
    Perhaps the new underwater areas in the old world will tie into it somehow? A hidden underwater 'base' similar to how the NIN training area was incorporated? Or maybe you need to swim across a now accessible lake to reach a newly available island? Of course, they could just turn one of the many inaccessible buildings into an accessible location like with the NIN place.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Perhaps the new underwater areas in the old world will tie into it somehow? A hidden underwater 'base' similar to how the NIN training area was incorporated? Or maybe you need to swim across a now accessible lake to reach a newly available island? Of course, they could just turn one of the many inaccessible buildings into an accessible location like with the NIN place.
    Meh because of who's been sort of confirmed to be one I kind of have a feeling it's Shroud. First thing I'm doing on 16th is getting on PS4 and going to that guild.

Meh because of who's been sort of confirmed to be one I kind of have a feeling it's Shroud. First thing I'm doing on 16th is getting on PS4 and going to that guild.
    Who has been confirmed? I'm probably dense and missing something obvious, kinda got sidetracked by everything else.