Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What is your point exactly? It is a bad release and they should have been prepared for it.
    How is this a bad release exactly? Because to me this is one of the smoothest MMO launches I've been a part of. For one, I was able to log in and STAY logged in for nearly 10 hours right from the 2:00 AM window. Sure the instance server was beyond capacity, but it wasn't broken, people just had to wait to do it. That's different from something being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm mainly transferring because I looked at character Data and there are like 7 listed above 50. That means Lavender is ripe for the picking. RP is also another reason as I said. My main reason though. I want a fresh start and I want to help start a community.

Also if you transfer... STAY AWAY FROM LAVENDER!

And if Lavender is full then STAY AWAY FROM MIST.

And if Mist is full....... STAY AWAY FROM GOBLET!

And if Goblet is full then..... ahhhhhhhhh shit
    All of them being full = the Balmung life, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    How is this a bad release exactly? Because to me this is one of the smoothest MMO launches I've been a part of. For one, I was able to log in and STAY logged in for nearly 10 hours right from the 2:00 AM window. Sure the instance server was beyond capacity, but it wasn't broken, people just had to wait to do it. That's different from something being broken.
    Lots of people don't seem to understand that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm not gonna call this a smooth launch, but it isn't the worst I've seen.

I really wished that when the game kicked you out, I didn't have to relaunch it.

Putting in my auth code over and over has gotten old. Ill just try to play tomorrow I guess.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really wished that when the game kicked you out, I didn't have to relaunch it.

Putting in my auth code over and over has gotten old. Ill just try to play tomorrow I guess.
    That's the reason I removed mine. Well that and it constantly made me keep having to remove it from my account and add it again because it wouldn't register the codes. Annoying little bugger.

Then you haven't had the same experience some of us have had. Sure I was able to log on at 5am today and be able to do nothing because duty finder/instance servers were broke for a good 3+ hours before I logged until noon. In the past 9 hours I've been kicked offline 15 times at least in PotD outside of PotD and queing for it. The last 30 minutes I've been unable to enter PotD and it boots me out of the game when it fails to load the instance. Then I get to go to the back of a 900 person queue to try again. So smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Of course it isn't the worst around. That would likely belong to Vanguard. But it sure as fuck isn't 'smooth'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    That's the reason I removed mine. Well that and it constantly made me keep having to remove it from my account and add it again because it wouldn't register the codes. Annoying little bugger.
    That's a odd issue, I like having it there. Just wish the client worked like blizzards, where I do it once and I'm good.

Deleted
    Odin is ded

5th time is the charm.......

Now in a 3.500 que lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's a odd issue, I like having it there. Just wish the client worked like blizzards, where I do it once and I'm good.
    It was a pretty common issue back when it first came out and early into Heavensward. Not sure if it got fixed.

That aside, did anyone check out the sprint animation for PLD with the weapon out? ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    It was a pretty common issue back when it first came out and early into Heavensward. Not sure if it got fixed.
    Didn't know that, Was just saying its a odd issue.

lucky me I haven't had a issue

15+ Year Old Account
    Would not be surprised at this point someone gets fed up and DDoS FFXIV.

It was a smooth launch.

Yay, random DirectX crash, now 4.3k in queue. Was headed out to try Cold Steel quest yet again (12 hours after I first tried it, still can't do it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    It was a smooth launch.
    You have a very odd definition of smooth launch, to put it mildly.

You have a very odd definition of smooth launch, to put it mildly.
    Ah come on, it is so smooth. I've been in and out of queues for the past 90 mins or so now and I can't do PotD or it fails to load and I get sent back to the queue. Smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    So out of curiosity, are all the people having trouble on the Aether Data Cluster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp me and friends are stuck in that one quest everyone else is. I must admit, FATE mobs having more health than anything else I've ever seen is hilarious and annoying. Scaling is crazy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Welp me and friends are stuck in that one quest everyone else is. I must admit, FATE mobs having more health than anything else I've ever seen is hilarious and annoying. Scaling is crazy, lol.
    Yeah I got friends stuck like a few quests after the MSQ that is bottlenecking most people and then there is a quest that does the SAME thing bottlenecking again. I'm still unable to do PotD so I'm kinda boned too.